Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-26-2007   #1
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eagles Throwback Unis......Yikes!!!!

Yea they're actually going to wear those in a game this year.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ho...l.jsp?id=67623
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

As ugly as those things are, the Titans jerseys are still far far worse.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Those look like good uniforms.

FOR ME TO POOP ON
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

For once I don't feel old thinking the AFL still stands for "American Football League."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007   #5
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

If that game is televised, I may have to switch my TV to black-and-white so that I'm not blinded. Holy smokes, those are, uh...vivid. Makes that goofy-looking Bengals all-orange alternate scheme look mild!

(I am SO glad our team has a good-looking alternate jersey.)
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I can hear Eskin now ... "Just brutal, totally brutal."

If the Eagles go back to any uniform it should be this one. They should have never changed it. The uniform they have now is "brutal" also.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #7
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I was old enough to remember but hell I have never seen those, and they are OOOOOOOOOOOOOgliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee!
Coyote ugly ta boot!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2007   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I guess they thought since San Diego's throw back metalic powder blue uniforms are such a big hit, they would try to get some of that success for themselves.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #9
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

The owner, Jeffrey Lurie, has something against the Kelly Green the Eagles used for years.
I understand the idea of going with the colors of the first Eagles team to honor 75 years, but there are not too many guys alive today that remember those colors.
The Eagles were Kelly Green for as long as I have been a fan, since the late 1950's. That should have never changed.
I also hate the Black they use at times. Oakland is Black, Eagles are Green, live with it.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post

Yea they're actually going to wear those in a game this year.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ho...l.jsp?id=67623

Dang!!!! If I didn't know better, I would swear that was TO!!!!

Wonder what Harryj will have to say about this!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
The owner, Jeffrey Lurie, has something against the Kelly Green the Eagles used for years.
I understand the idea of going with the colors of the first Eagles team to honor 75 years, but there are not too many guys alive today that remember those colors.
The Eagles were Kelly Green for as long as I have been a fan, since the late 1950's. That should have never changed.
I also hate the Black they use at times. Oakland is Black, Eagles are Green, live with it.
I agree, the Kelly Green and Silver was their best look. They changed to that metallica dark green and black the year after I moved from there (95 I think?). The whole black and green thing doesn't work for them just like it didn't work for the Jets.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Harry.......?????? Are you kidding me??

And people think Philly fan is tough now, wait until they have to endure this uniform...
Old 04-27-2007   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134301 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
I agree...the NFL is a bit too marketing driven for my tastes at times...your Eagle re-coloring and re-merchandising the uniform/team colors is one of them.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

That uniform reminds me of those hideous Washington Wizards uniforms. Oh well, I once said hip huggers and bell bottoms would never come back.
Old 04-27-2007   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

That's about the ugliest damn thing I've ever seen on a football player.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've only got one word to describe that uni: FUGLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I agree...the NFL is a bit too marketing driven for my tastes at times...your Eagle re-coloring and re-merchandising the uniform/team colors is one of them.
QFT

Whatever happened to tradition?
Old 04-27-2007   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagles fans will now be frolicking to Wham UK! music while enjoying orange mocha frappuccinos during halftime shows that will include Liberace karaoke, silent auctions for Olivia Newton John attire and of course a Philly Cheese Steak cheese sauce chugging contest.

Old 04-27-2007   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets be carefull here, someone may want to throw the old Houston Texans uniforms in our faces:

Old 04-27-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Scroll down to Houston Texans for the full uni:

http://www.oursportscentral.com/uniforms/wflunis.html
Old 04-27-2007   #20
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It's all about bucks and shelf space at sports shops. You can buy a Westbrook/ McNabb/ Dawkins/Akers in Midnight Green/White/Black or a nbr. 60 Bednarik in Kelly Green. That's 13 rows in the stores.
I think they are crazy if they think anybody will buy this thing that will be used in one game against the Lions and hopefully never to be seen again, but I am most likely wrong about this.
Look for a 1925 Philadelphia Quakers American Football League championship uniform in a store soon.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read