Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2007   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AWTYSST's Post Rumor Texans Mock

In light of rumors that the Texans-Broncos deal goes down, here is a mock I put together. Please tell me your thoughts/critiques. Thanks! Again, just to remind everyone, the rumored deal is Texans 10 for Broncos:21, 56, and 86.

What do yall think of the following picks?

21: Ryan Kalil: C USC(Southern California)
While some can say that we need a solid LT I believe that a solid Center is far more neccesary. Mckinney is decent, but I would be far more comfortable with a solid Center that can gell with our line now. D-Hog just hasnt shown too much. Plus Kalil is the prototype Center that you need for the ZBS!

56:Jason Hill: WR Washington State
I think he has all the tools to be a solid number 2 to AJ. He has good speed, good hands, and should be able to give AJ some relief...perhaps Reggie W to Marvin H type of relief? This might be early, but I have seen him flyign up the boards.

73: Fred Bennett: CB USC(South Carolina)
I was suprised to see him here and I would definitley pair him with fellow Gamecock Dunta. He brings the second CB that we have needed for a long time.

86: Josh Gattis: FS Wake Forest
Everything I read about this guy just makes me think big time FS. I really believe that he starts day one, and thats what you need from Day 1 picks.

107: Paul Soliai: DT Utah.
This is the 2 gap DT that we sorely need on our Defense. He will likley also be an immedialte starter and pay immediate dividends for Mario, Weaver, Demeco, and the Dbacks.

144: H.B. Blades: ILB Pittsburgh
He is a high tenacity, blue collar, bust his butt type player and I was surprised to see him still here. I would snatch him up and convert him to Will or Sam. I think he could be a surprise for the team.

183: Travarious Bain:CB Hampton
A project CB, but possibly someone who could pay BIG dividends down the road. I say grab him.

218: Nick Folk P Maryland
Stanley was very poor in punting last year. One way to help your D is to punt the ball far and accuratley. Oh and he can kick FGs too. Maybe in the future we have him do both and keep an extra roster spot for a position player?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read