Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-24-2007   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Worst Case Draft Scenarios

Kinda slow right now so I figured I'd link something I wrote over at AOL:

Texans FanHouse

Basically, I really can't think of any situation ever as bad as last year's as far as immediate ridicule. Even if you loved last year's pick, as a Texan fan you probably don't want another draft like that.

So, anyways, I tried to think of the absolutely worst things that could come out of this year's draft. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best sort of thing.

Oh, and it has a picture in the entry of a familiar face, er helmet.
Old 04-24-2007   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a very sadistic side to me that kinda hopes that Peterson falls to 10, and teh Texans pass on him. There are few things as much fun as watching the baords exploded on draft day.

The Texans fan in me hope he is there at 10 and the Texans spend about a nanosecond getting the pick into the commish.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This article came across my desk and I almost posted it before I realized that it was written by TC! Good article, though.

Last April 28 was crazy on the board when we found out early that Mario was our pick. It's still the single highest number of people on at the same time.
Old 04-24-2007   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the fans can and will howl all they want, but what is really important is how it comes about. Straight up pass on him for Brown or Okoye is one thing. Trading down for instance with the Pats and picking up two of Kalil, Chris Houston, Revis, Meriweather, Ginn or Pulusny is another matter entirely.
Old 04-24-2007   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK ... it's the Texans pick ... AD , is still there for some reason .

The Texans entertain trade offers when their 15 minutes expire .

The Cowboys trade a 1st and 2nd to San Fran and pick AD .
Old 04-24-2007   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"2. Passing on Levi Brown. Some fans believe the best upgrade to the Texans offensive line in the off season wasn't signing free agent taclke Jordan Black, but rather replacing David Carr with another quarterback who might make the line look better. That being said, I can't fathom too many teams in the league that would want to trade offensive lines with the Texans. The Texans left tackle position seems to have been jinxed over the years, and the Texans would love for this position not to be a perennial need. "
I'm of the opinion that the Texans think that between who they've presently got on the roster and a player(s) they can take in later rounds this weekend, using their top pick on Brown would not represent the best option at LT. Obviously I dunno, but am free to speculate as much as the next person.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
OK ... it's the Texans pick ... AD , is still there for some reason .

The Texans entertain trade offers when their 15 minutes expire .

The Cowboys trade a 1st and 2nd to San Fran and pick AD .
The Texans are not Minnesota they will never allow the time to expire.

If somehow peterson is there, I say trade down, and fill more positions than just one.
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2007   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
There is a very sadistic side to me that kinda hopes that Peterson falls to 10, and teh Texans pass on him. There are few things as much fun as watching the baords exploded on draft day.

The Texans fan in me hope he is there at 10 and the Texans spend about a nanosecond getting the pick into the commish.
Curb thy tongue! If he is there the Texans better pick him, so basically I agree with the second part of your post.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read