Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Keith Bulluck Unhappy with Titans Off-Season

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
link

"Now it is on his teammates on his side of the ball to help him elevate his game,'' Bulluck said. "They got rid of two of his biggest weapons in Travis Henry and Drew Bennett and we haven't done anything to replace them, so the guys we have now, that is a message to them. They have to be ready so step up and help Vince out. A lot is going to be on them."

That's Bulluck trying to put a happy face on it. But as he keeps talking, it becomes clear that Bulluck is worried about the Titans :devilpig: inactivity this offseason.

"I don't really know what is left out there now as far as (veterans). It seems like anybody we maybe could have gotten before is pretty much off the shelf," said Bulluck

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
They don't need no stinkin' talent, because they have The Chosen One. :superman:

I wouldn't be too happy about the off-season if I was a Titans fan. They have done nothing with the $40 million in cap room, and they have lost a lot more talent than they could afford to at this point.

Of course, as a Texans fan, it's music to my ears.

OzzO

.. and then?
Go BUD Go!!!! Time for VY to pull a Kordell Stewart and add some "slashes" to his name.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
FA wide receivers could care less about run happy quarterbacks. They want to go to a team where the quarterback can throw them a catchable ball. They don't want to play for Vince Young any more than they want to play for Michael Vick.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
They don't need no stinkin' talent, because they have The Chosen One. :superman:

I wouldn't be too happy about the off-season if I was a Titans fan. They have done nothing with the $40 million in cap room, and they have lost a lot more talent than they could afford to at this point.

Of course, as a Texans fan, it's music to my ears.
Bud's going old school 1972 .

Runner

Hubcap Diamond
Staff member
FA wide receivers could care less about run happy quarterbacks. They want to go to a team where the quarterback can throw them a catchable ball. They don't want to play for Vince Young any more than they want to play for Michael Vick.
There is a little of that, but how often does a player not go to the highest bidder? Money talks more than anything else.

michaelm

vox nihili
There is a little of that, but how often does a player not go to the highest bidder? Money talks more than anything else.
I tend to agree, but you have to admit, Atlanta is getting a reputation as a place where receivers go to die... maybe that reputation could tip the balance in an otherwise close decision for a FA...

awtysst

Draft Guru
Well sure, but at the same time the player also has to think about the "next contract". It might make more sense to get a little less money and go somewhere that can throw the ball to you and you get to play than a place which pays you a little more and you sit on the bench and dont get too many balls your way. If you do well in scenario 1, then you can potentially make more money the next contract than in scenario 2. Thus over the course of both contracts the actual total money can be more by accecpting the lower contract better situation than higher contract worse situaiton.

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
Well sure, but at the same time the player also has to think about the "next contract". It might make more sense to get a little less money and go somewhere that can throw the ball to you and you get to play than a place which pays you a little more and you sit on the bench and dont get too many balls your way. If you do well in scenario 1, then you can potentially make more money the next contract than in scenario 2. Thus over the course of both contracts the actual total money can be more by accecpting the lower contract better situation than higher contract worse situaiton.
great post awtysst, that's exactly what i was thinking as well.

Runner

Hubcap Diamond
Staff member
Again, that sounds good but how often has anyone seen it happen? Given the injuries in football, it would be foolish to count on the later money if the player can make much more money immediately.

I think the decision about systems etc. only have a real effect if the money is very similar.