Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2004   #41
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsJagman
Actually, that would be less then 10,000, both games, the Jags would have to sell there junior. The Jags will sell that, and then some, with no problem. Too bad the Jags have an actual fan base that shows up, and not some PSL owners to help them out.
Actually JUNIOR, Check your Jaguars main site...thats where I got the information from. I didn't pull that figure out of my ***.
Old 10-29-2004   #42
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The "House of Pain" was during the glory years of the Oilers. Not the lame-duck season that was their last.

BTW, there has not been one blacked-out Texans game. Not even one in 2 1/2 years.

Quote:
Oh one other point to be made, the Jags have at this point in time, more tickets sold to both games, even without selling another 10k, then what the Texans will sell in any game this season.
Proof in the form of a link to facts, please.

IIRC, all of Reliant has already been sold out in the form of season tickets.
Old 10-29-2004   #43
Perkolater
Rookie

You guys are really that excited about an average crowd that is only 1,000 larger than ours???
Old 10-29-2004   #44
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm..You mean our 72,000 seats ARE actually filled....not compared to your 63,000 with 12,000 remaining seats.
Old 10-29-2004   #45
Predarat
Rookie

While we are on the subject of Stadium smack, I have been to a few and can offer my experience as a Chiefs/Titans fan. Arrowhead once was the loudest stadium in the NFL. I havent been there in a few years and it is still loud but not having been there im not sure if it as loud as it once was. The RCA dome is not loud, the Titans fans made more noise than the Colts fans the times that I was there. The Colesuem in Nashville once was almost as loud as Arrowhead but lately has the atmoshere of a golf gallery. Tiger Woods could tee off at midfield when the opposition has a critical 3rd and 5 and not have any complaints. I hate to smack my own but sometimes its gotta be done. People say its because they are losing but it wasnt very loud the second game of the year vs the Colts when they were 1-0 so that argument doesnt hold water. The fact is a lot of Titans fans are complacent and spoiled. Hopefully some lean times will send those that sit on there hands packing and get some fresh blood in there. I have never been to Relient or Alltell but I know they both can be loud. Some players I have heard interviewed say Relient is almost as loud as Arrowhead. Alltell was once a very loud and tough place to play because the Chiefs always had trouble with it being loud back in the mid-late 90's. BTW I heard they were going to bring in the Tarp next year to cover thousands of seats at Alltell. Im not sure if that is true or not.
Old 10-29-2004   #46
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still curious where is the source of information.

It sounds more and more like some folks speak out of their assumption.
Old 10-29-2004   #47
kuno
Rookie

Hmmm, I have been to several different stadiums in my days. I always make the Jags/Texans game in houston (cept this year dangit) and houstons is not that loud. Its not bad, but it is nowhere near the top 5. Even at the end of last years Jags/Texans game it never got anywhere near Arrowhead. Not smack, just my thoughts.
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2004   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Well Arrowhead is the mark that everyone else is judged by.

It helps that it holds 82,000+ and has a record sell-out of over 100 games.

Anyone can say what they want, but I'll take Chris Berman's opinion over an opposing fan's opinion anyday.
Old 10-29-2004   #49
Predarat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel

Anyone can say what they want, but I'll take Chris Berman's opinion over an opposing fan's opinion anyday.
Another thing that helps Arrowhead is they have an entire parking lot dedicated to the stadiums. It can fit everyone that goes to the Chiefs game. They start partying there like 6 hours (or more for night games) before the game starts. So you get to bring you own alcohol and arent stuck buying at the staduim or bar. I dont know about most people, but for the 7 dollar beer I but at the Titans game is what I usually pay for a 12 pack of Keystone or Bush light.
Old 10-29-2004   #50
kuno
Rookie

Quote:

Fair enough. Just from my experiance with NFL stadiums. Houston is not a top 5 in noise or nuttiness. However it is way up there in the niceness area. It is a beautiful stadium.
Old 10-29-2004   #51
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuno
Houston is not a top 5 in noise or nuttiness.
Wow...then Altell must sound like a tennis match then.
Old 10-29-2004   #52
Perkolater
Rookie

Quote:
I'm still curious where is the source of information.

It sounds more and more like some folks speak out of their assumption.

How's this???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

But you are right... some folks were speaking "out of their assumption." Just wasn't the folks you thought it was.
Old 10-29-2004   #53
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if that chart includes seats filled or tickets sold?

We are among the "Them"
Old 10-29-2004   #54
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The "House of Pain" was during the glory years of the Oilers. Not the lame-duck season that was their last.
I wouldn't consider the House of Pain years the glory years -- that would be Luv Ya Blue IMO. HOP was fun - with Lyles and Seale walking around in pregame in fatigues and helmets - and the 7 years of playoffs were great (chokes notwithstanding) but I think I'll reserve "Glory Years" for 78-80 Oilers.

The attendance at the Dome for the Jax game in '95 was 36,346.

Recall that Bud tore the team apart in '94 because of the advent of the cap as we know it (2-14) fired Pardee mid-season and promoted Jeff. '95 was the beginning of the rebuild and the beginning of the exclusive negotiating period with Bredesen (Bud's fool me twice). '96 was the true lame duck year.

NFL attendance figures are tickets sold, not turnstile/scanner.

When the Texans won their first road game at Jax in 2002, the attendance (tickets sold) was 53,721. Lots and lots of unsold tix for that one...

Last edited by aj.; 10-29-2004 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2004   #55
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Hmmm..You mean our 72,000 seats ARE actually filled....not compared to your 63,000 with 12,000 remaining seats.
I think our stadium holds 76,310 from what I gather it's the second or third largest stadium in the league. Small markets big stadiums = Blackouts

Stadium was actually designed to accomidate the Florida Georgia game. The stadium used to be called the Gator Bowl. Largest Coctail Party in the world will be in Jacksonville tomorrow.

Last edited by Jagsbch; 10-29-2004 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-29-2004   #56
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cltJag
It was a last second touchdown against the Bills. Geez Jack, you need to get your stats right. Jaguars are more of holding team than a false start team. Also 90% of shotguns aren't called "hut, hut"... That is why you always see a QB bob his leg seconds before the snap. But you knew that right Jack.

Kerry Collins was in the gun for 3 false starts and one fumble...get your stats right. The O-line will get ancy and stop listening to the quarterback and their line calls after about 2 false starts..thats when teams get in trouble
Old 10-29-2004   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkolater
How's this???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

But you are right... some folks were speaking "out of their assumption." Just wasn't the folks you thought it was.
Appreciate the stats.

But they just reinforce the fact that Reliant is selling a lot of seats, too (I'm only defended my home turf :hehe: ).

Our average is 70,571 this year, even though the official capacity of Reliant Stadium is only 69,500!!

However, now that you bring up the stats, why is the 2003 average for JAX only 53,509?! You are 31 out of 32 that year (with Houston at 10th that year).

Let's dig deeper: 2002 JAX average is 56,277?! (Houston is 9th that year)

Or 2001 JAX average is 60,442?! (Houston did not have a team that year)

hmmmmm...interesting to note that our average attendance for 2 1/2 years is GREATER than our stadium's "official" capacity...and JAX stadium is...well...NOT averaging near it's capacity.

I do appreciate the information. Too bad it does indicate who speaks out of their assumption!
Old 10-29-2004   #58
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuno
Hmmm, I have been to several different stadiums in my days. I always make the Jags/Texans game in houston (cept this year dangit) and houstons is not that loud. Its not bad, but it is nowhere near the top 5. Even at the end of last years Jags/Texans game it never got anywhere near Arrowhead. Not smack, just my thoughts.
Probably need to get your hearing checked then, Kuno. Reliant will make your ears bleed. I know, I've been to every single game. If it's not top 5 then I don't want to be where it's any louder than I've heard it at Reliant. That's loud enough thank you.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Old 10-29-2004   #59
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's dig deeper: 2002 JAX average is 56,277?! (Houston is 9th that year)

Or 2001 JAX average is 60,442?! (Houston did not have a team that year)

hmmmmm...interesting to note that our average attendance for 2 1/2 years is GREATER than our stadium's "official" capacity...and JAX stadium is...well...NOT averaging near it's capacity.

I do appreciate the information. Too bad it does indicate who speaks out of their assumption!
Back to back to back to back losing seasons will do that to fans who have other games that are just a gas tank away: Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Florida, Georgia, FSU, GT, Beach Golfing. This is Florida you know and there is alot more things to do on a Sunday afternoon other than watch a team lose a football game. I'd like to think that them days are behind us. But the drama continues

Last edited by Jagsbch; 10-30-2004 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2004   #60
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
I think our stadium holds 76,310 from what I gather it's the second or third largest stadium in the league. Small markets big stadiums = Blackouts
Green Bay, Wisconsin seems to sell out fine.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read