Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-20-2007   #21
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

"There are a lot of new things in Matt Schaub’s life: a new house in a new city, a new fiancé, and most importantly in terms of his profession, a new beginning as a starting NFL quarterback."

Maybe that was Bob McNair's idea.
Just kidding!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007   #22
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Woohoo, my local newspaper is cited!

Im a little disapointed with the engagement. I was hoping he'd be non-famliy 100% football. This can't be good for film study time. he better hurry up and take his honeymoon before training camp starts

This is a joke, right?

Please tell me you're kidding.
Old 04-20-2007   #23
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes it was meant to be a joke regarding David Carr's constant criticism for being too much of a "family man"

While I do hope that Schaub continues his long hours in the film room and bonding with teammates, I don't for a second think that hving a family preempts you from being a good football player
Old 04-20-2007   #24
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Yes it was meant to be a joke regarding David Carr's constant criticism for being too much of a "family man"

While I do hope that Schaub continues his long hours in the film room and bonding with teammates, I don't for a second think that hving a family preempts you from being a good football player
Okay. Good. Cuz it was funny, I just couldn't tell if I was laughing with you or laughing at you.
Old 04-20-2007   #25
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
she had a good wonder lick score
heehaaw!
Old 04-22-2007   #26
nedthehead
Rookie

What a tremendous waste of money this guy is gonna be. The problem with this team is on the o-line. Oh, well at least he doesn't have to rot behind Ron Mexico. Some players who look good as backups fail as starters for some reason. Hopefully Shaub is not like this.

Last edited by nedthehead; 04-22-2007 at 10:08 AM.
nedthehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007   #27
nedthehead
Rookie

Texans would have been better off with Garcia at QB. Better QB and no women problems.
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2007   #28
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedthehead View Post
Texans would have been better off with Garcia at QB. Better QB and no women problems.
If I remember correctly Garcia had his own set of "gal" problems.

Personally, I was hoping he would follow in the footsteps of Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and probably Tom Brady and Big Ben, and stay single until after his NFL career is over. If your getting paid MILLIONS to play a game, you better be ready to eat, sleep, breath, and be 100% committed to a game which you will be in for a short number of years anyway. JMO!!

Maybe I'll get busy and look up the number of single vs married QBs who have taken their teams to the SB. Might be a FUN stat to lookup during this boring off season.

SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007   #29
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
If I remember correctly Garcia had his own set of "gal" problems.

Personally, I was hoping he would follow in the footsteps of Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and probably Tom Brady and Big Ben, and stay single until after his NFL career is over. If your getting paid MILLIONS to play a game, you better be ready to eat, sleep, breath, and be 100% committed to a game which you will be in for a short number of years anyway. JMO!!

Maybe I'll get busy and look up the number of single vs married QBs who have taken their teams to the SB. Might be a FUN stat to lookup during this boring off season.

Namath .... ha ... I think he got married in his 40's .
Bradshaw ... married JoJo Starbuck ... divorced shortly after .
Staubach ... I think married but was older from the Navy .
Stabler ... I doubt it ... for long anyhow .
Griese ... yep .
Thiesman ... yes but after 3 kids traded her in for Cathy Lee Crosby .
Elway ... married a swimmer from Stanford ... divorced after he retired .
Marino ... yes ... I think it was his college sweetheart .
Kelly ... yes later on .
Montana ... yes traded her in for the Schick girl once he was famous .
Moon ... we know this one ... yes .
Young ... married at the end of his carrer .
Aikman ... later in his career .
Favre ... yep ... may have saved his life by telling him if he did'nt go to rehab she was gone .
Manning ... married in the last year or two .
Brady ... making baby's like Steve Garvey but not married .

The point is'nt if your married or not in my opinion . The point is ... as an individual ... how much time are you willing to spend and does your spouse understand it . If she does'nt ... then what .

It's no different than a business who travels often . His wife new these were going to be the parameters of the job and it pays well .

So at the end of the day it's more about do you have a driver or an amiable ... you better hope your QB is a driver .

Amiables instinctively home in on two things: people and comfort. They are superb at building and maintaining relationships because they make people feel comfortable. Flip side – they can focus on the people issues to the exclusion of the business. While most people are quickly drawn to Amiables, they don’t necessarily buy from them. Your job as coach is to teach them how taking care of the business is taking care of the people, how to ask for the business, and how to deal with objections.

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 04-22-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007   #30
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I truly wish him well and lots of happiness!!! If a wife is what he needs to keep him off the streets (pun intended here ) then so be it!

Old 04-22-2007   #31
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What a tremendous waste of money this guy is gonna be. The problem with this team is on the o-line. Oh, well at least he doesn't have to rot behind Ron Mexico. Some players who look good as backups fail as starters for some reason. Hopefully Shaub is not like this.
Yea so were you pro Reggie or pro vince last year....seems every 'expert' that disses us has a rookie qb playing behind our pathetic oline or a rookie rb playing behind our pathetic oline.

"Without a doubt though, Schaub said he has sensed the excitement of building a potentially winning football team in Houston"

This is one part of the article that kind of troubled me. I think you should use the word potential when referring to championship games and superbowls. (or just perennial playoff contenders)....but saying potentially winning....it's just a slap in the face (that we havn't had one in 5 years).

I think we'll easily have a winning football team...i'm looking forward to having a playoff contender year in and year out. Schaubie's the guy that's going to take us there ->he's going to be a stud.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007   #32
TexFromBehind
Draft Reggie

Anyone know where this guy lives?
TexFromBehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007   #33
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexFromBehind View Post
Maybe Mario sold him his OLD house!!!!!
Old 04-22-2007   #34
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Montana ... yes traded her in for the Schick girl once he was famous .
And he traded the Schick girl for his current wife. Talked to her a Superbowl party here in Houston. Very nice.
Old 04-23-2007   #35
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexFromBehind View Post

Why?
Old 04-23-2007   #36
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
And he traded the Schick girl for his current wife.
Why?

LOL, jK
Old 04-25-2007   #37
nedthehead
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Yea so were you pro Reggie or pro vince last year....seems every 'expert' that disses us has a rookie qb playing behind our pathetic oline or a rookie rb playing behind our pathetic oline.

"Without a doubt though, Schaub said he has sensed the excitement of building a potentially winning football team in Houston"

This is one part of the article that kind of troubled me. I think you should use the word potential when referring to championship games and superbowls. (or just perennial playoff contenders)....but saying potentially winning....it's just a slap in the face (that we havn't had one in 5 years).

I think we'll easily have a winning football team...i'm looking forward to having a playoff contender year in and year out. Schaubie's the guy that's going to take us there ->he's going to be a stud.

Facts are facts. Good football teams have to be at least solid in the trenches to have a chance to win consistently. This is why most great QBs give many kudos to their offensive line. Dont take it personal. I don't diss. I tell the truth.
Old 04-26-2007   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Ha. Lots of NFL players with wives and families.

Flipside is that he won't be having to spend time trying to find booty. One of the big comments I got on the Mario racing story is why is it that the first round pick of the draft can't get a less annoying, better looking female in his Lambo? The world may never know.

Nice article
Exactly, Steph. I mean why in the world should she be screaming in terror to slow down from100mph +? When I drive my boat at those speeds, I don't want anyone saying anything to distract me. 'course better looking is always a plan.
Old 04-26-2007   #39
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Facts are facts. Good football teams have to be at least solid in the trenches to have a chance to win consistently. This is why most great QBs give many kudos to their offensive line. Dont take it personal. I don't diss. I tell the truth.
Oh I definitly agree with you. I just mean that a rookie qb or a rookie rb as in vince or reggie last year "could have done wonders" behind our o-line.

Not the case. no matter who is back there, we need a better o-line. i'm glad schaub has had 3 years of 'experience' with out getting killed..lol

Boy I sure hope Spencer comes back 100%, that will really change the face of our offense- whether he's in or not... imo
Old 04-28-2007   #40
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad that Schaub is starting to like it here.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read