Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-17-2007   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Yahoo Draft guy John Murphy on SR610 this morning

He's a regular Yahoo NFL Draft guru formerly based in NOLA who got washed out by Katrina and then moved over here. Anyway he was on SR610 this morning during John McClains 10-11 slot. I could have listented to the guy all day long, he really seemed to be informed. Very knowledgeable & entertaining.
Some things he said of interest:
(1) He thinks its possible that Peterson or Landry could fall our way. He says this Draft will have some surprises in the top 10, implying there might be player(s) on the Board at #10 we weren't expecting ?
(2) Joe Thomas is not as widely acclaimed within the NFL ranks as all the mocks think, and many would prefer a Joe Staley later in the 20s than a Joe Thomas as a top 5 investment.
(3) Levi Brown's downside is being a solid RT if he doesn't cut the mustard at LT, and therefor would be a good bet for the Texans with their 1st rounder. Makes sense, even though still dunno if Brown's a fit for Kubiaks system ?
(4) The Draft is so deep in WRs, that the Texans should be able to find a pretty good one in the 3rd round.
(5) Texans like a safety at WakeForest, Josh Gattis.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #2
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

1. If Peterson is there i hope they field trade offers for a good bit and see if we can get an additional third rounder this year. Considering our RB situation right now i think that's the best value there. Still hoping we go LT with the pick.

2. Interesting Joe Thomas Comment. I still think he's the top one taken by Arizona though.

3. I don't get how a bigger guy like Spencer is good for the system but a guy that's lighter and an inch taller isn't a good fit. Doesn't make sense at all.

4. Agreed but wondering if that's our selection in the 3rd though.

5. Some reason Gattis is a guy that reminds me of Kerry Rhodes. Quiet guy who won't make a lot of noise but players in the league know him and he's solid.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
3. I don't get how a bigger guy like Spencer is good for the system but a guy that's lighter and an inch taller isn't a good fit. Doesn't make sense at all.
Size only matters in how it dictates speed and quickness. Spencer was known for his agility and quick feet.
Old 04-18-2007   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
He's a regular Yahoo NFL Draft guru formerly based in NOLA who got washed out by Katrina and then moved over here. Anyway he was on SR610 this morning during John McClains 10-11 slot. I could have listented to the guy all day long, he really seemed to be informed. Very knowledgeable & entertaining.
Some things he said of interest:
(1) He thinks its possible that Peterson or Landry could fall our way. He says this Draft will have some surprises in the top 10, implying there might be player(s) on the Board at #10 we weren't expecting ?
(2) Joe Thomas is not as widely acclaimed within the NFL ranks as all the mocks think, and many would prefer a Joe Staley later in the 20s than a Joe Thomas as a top 5 investment.
(3) Levi Brown's downside is being a solid RT if he doesn't cut the mustard at LT, and therefor would be a good bet for the Texans with their 1st rounder. Makes sense, even though still dunno if Brown's a fit for Kubiaks system ?
(4) The Draft is so deep in WRs, that the Texans should be able to find a pretty good one in the 3rd round.
(5) Texans like a safety at WakeForest, Josh Gattis.
Then maybe Joe Thomas is smart to skip NYC and go fishing with his dad.

In a mock draft on another MB, I took WR Craig Davis for the Texans in the 3rd after a bunch of other WRs were already taken. I don't see that happening in the real draft, but I could see taking WR in the third.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read