Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-17-2007   #61
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I do too. Public highways are not the place to run around at 150 mph...not only can you kill yourself, you can kill someone like my Mom or my sister, or you or....heck, anyone...that's just irresponsible behavior.
Your new avatar is irresponsible as well. You can cause others to experience wretching and whatnot. Funshine Bear is right out as well.

TC
Irresponsibility Police
Old 04-17-2007   #62
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to agree with TC on this one. Is he acting like any guy would in the circumstances? I dont know. Maybe.

But he isn't any guy. He, and all NFL players, should be held to a higher standard.
Old 04-18-2007   #63
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I'm sure any number of players do stupid stuff, but we don't hear about them.
We don't hear about the stupid stuff you or I do, either. Because no one gives a river barrier how fast we drive or how much $$$ we spend in a bar. I'm still not sure why we care about Mario's driving or spending habits.

As far as I know, Mario didn't sign up for displaying his private life on a reality internet show. Had there been consequences to Williams actions, we would and should know. There weren't any, and that's where the line of public concern should be drawn.
Old 04-18-2007   #64
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
We don't hear about the stupid stuff you or I do, either. Because no one gives a river barrier how fast we drive or how much $$$ we spend in a bar. I'm still not sure why we care about Mario's driving or spending habits.

As far as I know, Mario didn't sign up for displaying his private life on a reality internet show. Had there been consequences to Williams actions, we would and should know. There weren't any, and that's where the line of public concern should be drawn.
But when you make a complete fool out of yourself in front of everyone it is all out there for people to always remind you of the time you stuck your foot in your mouth or forgot to use your brain.
Old 04-18-2007   #65
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

is that a my little pony?
Old 04-18-2007   #66
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If you are going to drive at incredibly dangerous speeds on a busy interstate while you are being filmed by two people at once...you are open to public criticism if you ask me. All it took was for one guy to not notice a 150 mph blur and change lanes at the last second and blam....you got dead people....on film. If you don't want the public to pick you apart...don't do dangerous or illegal stunts on film.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #67
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you are going to drive at incredibly dangerous speeds on a busy interstate while you are being filmed by two people at once...you are open to public criticism if you ask me. All it took was for one guy to not notice a 150 mph blur and change lanes at the last second and blam....you got dead people....on film. If you don't want the public to pick you apart...don't do dangerous or illegal stunts on film.
Signed

Most Males
"at a keg party"
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2007   #68
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you don't want the public to pick you apart...don't do dangerous or illegal stunts on film.
So it's OK to do drive dangerously? Just not on film? Does that make any sense to you?

We've rubbernecked and there was no blood or broken bones. Time to drive on.
Old 04-18-2007   #69
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So it's OK to do drive dangerously? Just not on film? Does that make any sense to you?

We've rubbernecked and there was no blood or broken bones. Time to drive on.
I don't exactly see where I approve driving at that speed one single time in this thread. You said, "Mario didn't sign up for displaying his private life on a reality internet show."

...and I said if you don't want us to pick it apart...don't put it out there. You telling me to 'move on' won't change my opinion that it is incredibly irresponsible to drive like that on a busy interstate.

Old 04-18-2007   #70
Lucky

Quote:
You telling me to 'move on' won't change my opinion that it is incredibly irresponsible to drive like that on a busy interstate.
As a general statement, of course that type of driving is irresponsible. That's not the point. Why should Mario become the poster boy for driving dangerously? Because of a 5 minute video posted on the internet? Again, this is something about Mario we have no business knowing.
Old 04-18-2007   #71
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
As a general statement, of course that type of driving is irresponsible. That's not the point. Why should Mario become the poster boy for driving dangerously? Because of a 5 minute video posted on the internet? Again, this is something about Mario we have no business knowing.
He participated in a video partaking in illegal and irresponsible behavior but you are right, I shouldn't condem it cause he's a Texan and he is our 1st round pick....his irresponsible behavior should not count.

Go Texans! I hope Mario doesn't kill your Mom tonight because she doesn't see a car going 150 mph in her blind spot.

Old 04-18-2007   #72
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

nevermind.

Last edited by Scooter; 04-18-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #73
Lucky

Quote:
Go Texans! I hope Mario doesn't kill your Mom tonight because she doesn't see a car going 150 mph in her blind spot.
Wow. I thought you were past making out of line remarks like that. "Don't get personal" has always been the #1 rule on the boards you've run. That shouldn't change here.

Take a look at the forum title. Texans Talk Football talk only please. This has what to do with football? TC posted a line about Mario's foot, and went into internet papparazzi mode concerning Williams' car, grill, night club activities, and driving habits. Is that going to be invited here? Maybe people following AJ & Dunta around at clubs and posting pictures of them drunk? Are you planning on fostering that, as well?

If you hadn't brought my Mom into this, I would have just PMed you. But, I think everyone should weigh in on this, now.
Old 04-18-2007   #74
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

edited.

Last edited by Scooter; 04-19-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #75
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
crossed the line here V. you have sped in your lifetime, and being an adult i'll assume you've had 3 or more beers atleast once before a drive home. dont start adding halos or horns.
I didn't cross any line...it's amazing you guys think like you do....I'm not a hypocrite either. I've never driven any car anything close to 150 MHP on a busy interstate. I don't think some of you guys grasp how fast and how dangerous that is.

Old 04-18-2007   #76
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Wow. I thought you were past making out of line remarks like that. "Don't get personal" has always been the #1 rule on the boards you've run. That shouldn't change here.

Take a look at the forum title. Texans Talk Football talk only please. This has what to do with football? TC posted a line about Mario's foot, and went into internet papparazzi mode concerning Williams' car, grill, night club activities, and driving habits. Is that going to be invited here? Maybe people following AJ & Dunta around at clubs and posting pictures of them drunk? Are you planning on fostering that, as well?

If you hadn't brought my Mom into this, I would have just PMed you. But, I think everyone should weigh in on this, now.
It's not personal. It could be my Mom....just used an example. I think that people kill other people when they drive dangerous and reckless. My mom, your mom...my sister, your cousin...we are all related to someone. I don't care if it is Mario Williams or Joe Q Public....driving like that will end up putting someone at risk and the selfish behavior you guys condone just because he is your sports hero is disturbing and sick.

Old 04-18-2007   #77
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Thanks, man. My 16 yo niece told me she wanted a "gree-ul", and when I asked what it was, I told her it was "grill" when I figured out what she was talking about. She said it was "gree-ul" and that I'm old because I don't even know how to pronounce it. I told her she was dumb because it's "grill" and because she wanted one.
That'll show her. Stupid teenagers
Old 04-18-2007   #78
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The race video has been removed from YouTube. They get tons of race video but they take them off because they don't want to encourage idiots taping themselves racing on public roads.

I do think that given the new NFL Personal Conduct policy that is really really vague, and the fact that at least one of the videos showed dangerous behavior, it is football related. If one of your players violates the personal conduct policy or gets seriously injured doing stupid stuff, that effects your entire season. Lots of recent examples of that.

In other words, I am guessing this is information that his coaches would want to know about their first pick in the draft of 2006.

As for the mom comment, I didn't take it as a yomama kinda statement but rather as a way to personalize the issue of racing on public streets. Things can easily get misinterpreted in writing.
Old 04-18-2007   #79
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Where's the FOOTBALL TALK? All this talk about being related to each other makes me think I'm on the Tennessee MB where this is true <grin>
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #80
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still trying to get past "D.J. Lick'em Low".
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read