Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-17-2007   #21
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
...and in other news, Mario is healthy and feeling fine.
Slow news day.
Old 04-17-2007   #22
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of slow news days....

FanHouse: Video of Mario Williams 'Making It Rain'

I know that young guys with money want to have fun, but I can't believe that Bob McNair would be happy with some of this role modeling:

link
Old 04-17-2007   #23
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

I know that young guys with money want to have fun, but I can't believe that Bob McNair would be happy with some of this role modeling:

link
Well atleast nobody got shot.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

link
Well there certainly is a large black man in the video. Beyond that it is as clear as video of polar bears humping in a snowstorm. Frankly, I would put a giant ? next to anything posting that and associating it with Williams.
Old 04-17-2007   #25
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well there certainly is a large black man in the video. Beyond that it is as clear as video of polar bears humping in a snowstorm. Frankly, I would put a giant ? next to anything posting that and associating it with Williams.
As I said, the video purports to be Mario Williams making it rain. I don't know one way or another.

But at the same time, if you are going to suggest that a large black man is dumping money in a club, why would you say it is Mario Williams #1 Draft Pick of the Houston Texans unless it actually was? Out of all the sports figures everywhere, why Mario?

I find it believable that a guy who drives an orange Lamborghini around his college campus would also be cool dumping money in a club.
Old 04-17-2007   #26
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As I said, the video purports to be Mario Williams making it rain. I don't know one way or another.

But at the same time, if you are going to suggest that a large black man is dumping money in a club, why would you say it is Mario Williams #1 Draft Pick of the Houston Texans unless it actually was? Out of all the sports figures everywhere, why Mario?

I find it believable that a guy who drives an orange Lamborghini around his college campus would also be cool dumping money in a club.
My question is why did it take so long for this to get out? This is the first I have seen or heard about this.
Old 04-17-2007   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It may very well be Mario, but that video sure ain't proof. As for why?--who knows, it is the internet--you can find what purports to be video of flying pigs if you want. Why Mario specifically?--because people like mocking Mario as the #1 pick. Like I said, may be him but I sure am not going to start drawing conclusions about him based on that.

Are we really now drawing character conclusions based on rich people driving expensive cars?
Old 04-17-2007   #28
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'm with 'Cak on this one. It's almost as if the person recording avoids showing a good look at "Mario's" face at all costs. Also this "Mario" doesn't seem nearly as tall or massive as the Mario I know. Like others have suggested it seems odd that if this was legitimate that it hasn't come out yet especially with the PacMan fiasco.

Another theory that hasn't been explored is simply someone pretending to be Mario for the cool factor. There was a guy in Pittsburgh who was passing himself off as Big Ben a year or two ago in an attempt to pickup chicks. I think this is the most likely scenario. Some guy pretending to be Mario wants to look like a big shot so he dumps $800 cash in a club. PacMan Jones dumped something like $81,000 in Vegas. I'm sure Mario's got more in his wallet at any given time than $800 cash.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #29
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I like my all BLACK 2005 Dodge Magnum RT Hemi. It's the best family truckster in the world!!!
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it's Mario. It's not his M.O.
Old 04-17-2007   #31
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's just because you have a "thing" against orange cars.

This probably hasn't become general media fodder since the picture really isn't conclusive. Mario could deny it if so pressed, even if it was him and no one could really prove it one way or the other. If it was him, I hope he learned a lesson from PacMan and doesn't do it again. Grow up time, Mario and focus on football.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be nice if he donated that money to someone who needs it instead of being "cool" at the club throwing it to the crowd...what a waste of cash. Assuming it was real money.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #33
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I don't think it's Mario. It's not his M.O.
I'm pretty sure I read an article last year that talked about Mario being at a club wearing grillz that were just made for him.

It's America. He can spend his money how he wants to. Personally, I think there should be a certain threshold on number of sacks before you drive around your old campus in an orange Lamborghini, but that's just my sensibility.

The video shows a guy identified as Mario Williams dumping money at a club. Not a strip club. Or punching dancers in the mouth. Or threatening bouncers. Or whatever.

I'm sure that there are all sorts of NFL players rolling in all sorts of rigs doing all sorts of things at night clubs. And as long as nobody gets hurt, they are safe from the NFL Personal Conduct policy, though that policy is so vague I bet it is easy to get dragged into it.

I find this interesting because of Bob McNair's big time emphasis on character and role models.

I like Mario Williams as a player, and have written tons of stuff on that. I do think that this sort of stuff is on my list of things that make me say hmmm.
Old 04-17-2007   #34
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Okay, this looks like Mario. Crap.

FanHouse: Video of Mario Williams Racing His Lamborghini?
Old 04-17-2007   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink [sarcasm detection system has been activated]

Quote:
I find this interesting because of Bob McNair's big time emphasis on character and role models.
That's what I'm saying, TC.

Bob doesn't hire players who would do this sort of thing, so of course it's not Mario!

p.s. I know I'm getting old when grills look hideous to me, no matter how much gold or diamonds they put on those things....doubly so for women who wear them. I find nothing attractive about them...but then again, I'm getting old.
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
p.s. I know I'm getting old when grills look hideous to me, no matter how much gold or diamonds they put on those things....doubly so for women who wear them. I find nothing attractive about them...but then again, I'm getting old.
I'm pretty sure that would not have been appealing to me as a teen....so it's probably not an age thing DB.

Old 04-17-2007   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
His voice sounds like Mario's...but the video of his face is too fuzzy to make a positive ID. It's probably him, though...and I hope he doesn't get himself killed in that thing. (The girl with him was quite annoying to me. My eardrums are still recovering from her squeals, and I think she may have called a pack of neighborhood dogs to our front porch.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm pretty sure that would not have been appealing to me as a teen....so it's probably not an age thing DB.
Thanks, man. My 16 yo niece told me she wanted a "gree-ul", and when I asked what it was, I told her it was "grill" when I figured out what she was talking about. She said it was "gree-ul" and that I'm old because I don't even know how to pronounce it. I told her she was dumb because it's "grill" and because she wanted one.
Old 04-17-2007   #38
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have raced before no big deal, he is a young guy doing something stupid.

I have been on I-10 at 3:30 in the AM doing 140, so no big deal to me, but I hope he gets talked to by a vetern on not risking this anymore.
Old 04-17-2007   #39
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
No one thinks they're attractive. Just a bunch of kids trying to show off their money.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
His voice sounds like Mario's...but the video of his face is too fuzzy to make a positive ID. It's probably him, though...and I hope he doesn't get himself killed in that thing. (The girl with him was quite annoying to me. My eardrums are still recovering from her squeals, and I think she may have called a pack of neighborhood dogs to our front porch.)
Looked like Mario to me....and sounded exactly like him...plus he is driving a Lamborghini (just like Mario's).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read