Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-14-2007   #1
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default NFL Europe: Texans

A few games have taken place today and some of our Texans got some playing time.

Harry Williams, WR - 1 catch for 11 yards

Quinton Porter, QB - 2-5 35 yards

John Walker, S - 1 tackle, 1 INT

A lot of people have been looking at John and to get a INT the first game of the year is pretty impressive.

Ex-Texan Tony Hollings also got a rushing TD
Old 04-14-2007   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Appreciate the heads up

http://www.nfleurope.com/
Old 04-14-2007   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank You timewarner but then again I would have missed it anyway watching the Astros game.
Old 04-14-2007   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Thanks for the update.

Also were is Walker from?
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 25465 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Crud, guess I gotta search for the shows - but is there a standard day / time /station NFLe is on?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #6
NorthEastTexansFan
noob

I saw that Q. Porter actually ended up 9-13 for 109 and a TD, a passer rating of 120.4

I watched most of the game using the fieldpass at nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass

Porter started out slow, being rusty after going nearly 2 years without a start, but by the second half he looked very sharp, and his winning scoring drive was a very nice piece of work.

He also ran 3 times for 35 yard for a couple of 1st downs, the commentators were very surprised by his speed and athletic ability, at 6'5" and 230.

You can catch all the NFL europe games online with the fieldpass, at least one will be live, and the other two are tape delayed. They show that Porter's Centurians will be the live game next week.
NorthEastTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthEastTexansFan View Post
I saw that Q. Porter actually ended up 9-13 for 109 and a TD, a passer rating of 120.4

I watched most of the game using the fieldpass at nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass

Porter started out slow, being rusty after going nearly 2 years without a start, but by the second half he looked very sharp, and his winning scoring drive was a very nice piece of work.

He also ran 3 times for 35 yard for a couple of 1st downs, the commentators were very surprised by his speed and athletic ability, at 6'5" and 230.

You can catch all the NFL europe games online with the fieldpass, at least one will be live, and the other two are tape delayed. They show that Porter's Centurians will be the live game next week.
I have no idea how I got the stats so wrong but thanks for the correction. I thought I saw that somewhere too
Old 04-15-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to hear that some of our guys are getting some reps. You never know when the experience might pay off in the future. These guys have to be hungry to be slugging it out in Europe during the NFL off-season.
Old 04-16-2007   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I might need to get that NFL-pass thing going. I'm starting to get the football shakes now.. where's that damn draft...
Old 04-16-2007   #10
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Crud, guess I gotta search for the shows - but is there a standard day / time /station NFLe is on?
NFLEuropa is shown on the NFLN on Saturdays.
Old 04-16-2007   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I kinda root for Quinton Porter.

I met him at a Texans kids clinic and he was super nice to the kids. I caught a couple of passes from him--he whipped a couple of passes to a friend of mine who could deal with the heat.

The guy is huge. I like his story...being asked to come to Houston and he didn't have much money, so he walked to the ToysRUs near the stadium and bought a bicycle and rode a bike back and forth to practice for a while. I can't imagine them having a bike there nearly big enough for him.

His father died of a heart attack Porter's junior year in school.

Nice to hear of him doing alright.
Old 04-16-2007   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I ever realized he was that big.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Thanks for the update.

Also were is Walker from?
Walker is from USC. Signed as an UDFA, played CB for the Trojans. Started playing football in like due to an acting contract.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure what NFL Europe proves any more. Last time the Texans had an NFLe MVP and championship winner he never saw the field in the NFL.
Old 04-16-2007   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I'm not sure what NFL Europe proves any more. Last time the Texans had an NFLe MVP and championship winner he never saw the field in the NFL.

He threw lefty. And he didn't fit in the Texans offense. The coaches wanted their QBs to be fungible.

But yeah, it might be hard for a lefty QB to catch on late with a different team if they have to learn a system from scratch. Sometimes an NFL career is a combo of luck, circumstance and skill. Brett Favre and Tom Brady come to mind.
Old 04-16-2007   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Fungibility is probably big for this current staff.

Too bad the previous regime didn't put more emphasis on their QB understanding the offense and nuances of the position. That was our NFLe MVP's strength.
Old 04-16-2007   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We all know about Delhomme and Viniatieri and Kurt Warner...but have any NFLE player had success in the NFL lately?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

David Akers, Joe Andruzzi, Bryan Fletcher, La'Roi Glover, and Dante Hall all played in NFLe...I'm sure there are more guys but I can't think of too many more off the top of my head.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #19
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
David Akers, Joe Andruzzi, Bryan Fletcher, La'Roi Glover, and Dante Hall all played in NFLe...I'm sure there are more guys but I can't think of too many more off the top of my head.
One of my favorite Texans played in Europe... J. J. Moses. We could have used him last year with Mathis out.
Old 04-17-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of NFL Europa - what happened to all of those Dave Ragone fans that swore he was ready to take the reigns of an NFL team???

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read