Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-13-2007   #1
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Broncos Release Al Wilson

Just noticed it on ESPN's bottom line. Guess since they were unable to trade him to the Giants due to his failing a physical they decided to release him outright.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Found a link. Here you go
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Al Wilson Released

Quote:
The Broncos Friday released the five-time Pro Bowler due to a combination of injury and salary cap concerns. Wilson is coming off a neck injury suffered last season against Seattle on Dec. 3. He was also scheduled to make $5.2 million in base salary this season.

"If I can get medically cleared, hey, I'm going to go out and play," Wilson said. "I feel like I still can play. It's not about the money. I'll only get out there and play if I'm healthy."
if wilson's neck allows him to play, he could be absolutely huge for the texans. he'll be forced to sign relatively cheap because of the injury, and there's a whole lot of potential there. we'd fill one of our biggest holes and sign the immediate team leader on defense. even if he doesnt, i assume we can recoup most of the money by putting him on IR. i'm sure we're having boselli flashbacks though and this has the potential of being another boselli ... an expensive stud that never makes it back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2836410
Old 04-14-2007   #4
texflex513
All Pro

I say give him a shot... wouldnt hurt.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read