Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2006   #1
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The 2006 High School Football Thread

Personally, I am as excited about the beginning of football season from high school all the way through the pros.

I especially enjoy cheering, encouraging and congratulating the high school kids including the dance teams, cheerleaders and band on their accomplishments. I applaud those who put forth the effort that could include serious injury, to provide entertainment in their respective communities at affordable prices.

2005 HS football thread
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #2
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

I need to catch some games down here. One thing I miss about PA is football season up there. The state is High School football crazy -- almost like Texas. I still like to think about the USA TODAY National Championship years.... three times. Good ol days.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

What part of town are you in?

In Houston 5A you have Katy, North Shore, Westfield, Woodlands, and Pearland that are all usually tough. Ft. Bend Marshall is also a fast rising power. Look for the good matchups -- try to hit the nice stadiums like Cy Fair, Galena Park, Katy and even some of the older but nice ones like Thorne, Mercer, etc.

Last edited by aj.; 07-31-2006 at 09:54 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #4
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
What part of town are you in?

In Houston 5A you have Katy, North Shore, Westfield, Woodlands, and Pearland that are all usually tough. Ft. Bend Marshall is also a fast rising power. Look for the good matchups -- try to hit the nice stadiums like Cy Fair, Galena Park, Katy and even some of the older but nice ones like Thorne, Mercer, etc.
I live in Atascocita but I am sure I am going to hit up a Katy and a Woodlands game this year.
Old 07-31-2006   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

You're very close to North Shore as well. Pick one of their more competitive games at Galena Park Stadium. They have some weak sisters in their District so be careful of the opponent - otherwise you'll see their second string in the second quarter. LaPorte is probably going to be the next best team in that District this year.

Last edited by aj.; 07-31-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2006   #6
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Okay... will check them out. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2006   #7
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Katy plays there first two games, @ Klein and @ The Woodlands. Make the drive up to Conroe for the Katy/Woodlands game, but find a way to get tickets early. It's an hour+ drive for Katy fans, but they'll approach selling out the visitor side of that stadium.
Old 08-01-2006   #8
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Go Klein Forest!!!!! They've been in the mix quite a bit these past couple of seasons. Hoping that they get over that hump, though.
Old 08-01-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
Go Klein Forest!!!!! They've been in the mix quite a bit these past couple of seasons. Hoping that they get over that hump, though.
I hope Klein kick their butt. Not likely seeing as Klein is only good in soccer and baseball, but I can always hope.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That seems odd coming from you, since you have the Katy Mustang in your avatar.
Old 08-01-2006   #11
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
It's been a while since Taylor has had a standout program.

Lufkin will travel to Houston this year to play Aldine Eisenhower which should be a good game, probably moreso for Lufkin. LaMarque also usually fields a good team, and they will play at Reliant Stadium 9/1.

I need to fill in my football calendar before I miss a game that I will regret.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH
It's been a while since Taylor has had a standout program.

Lufkin will travel to Houston this year to play Aldine Eisenhower which should be a good game, probably moreso for Lufkin. LaMarque also usually fields a good team, and they will play at Reliant Stadium 9/1.

I need to fill in my football calendar before I miss a game that I will regret.

Im from La Marque...have been watching some of the practices and such. They are going to be a VERY strong team this year.....like playing for state strong. I haven't seen a team this good since the 95 squad

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

LaMarque is loaded again and should take 23-4A. They have an offensive lineman who's all-everything and has already pledged to UT. They also have a Top 100 DB. Friendswood has one of the best LB corps in the state, 4A at least, so it will be fun to watch those two square off in District. I will see Friendswood early in the season.

Speaking of Conroe, Moorhead Stadium is another one of those older but nice stadiums to watch a game. I think I read somewhere that they are getting approval to build a new one.

Last edited by aj.; 08-01-2006 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-01-2006   #14
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
Actually that avatar is the logo for the SMU Mustangs.
Old 08-01-2006   #15
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I hope Klein kick their butt. Not likely seeing as Klein is only good in soccer and baseball, but I can always hope.
Unlikely that Klein gets KFin football, but I agree w/ you on the soccer. Klein and Kingwood were awesome in soccer. Much like you hope for Klein to beat KF in football, I hope for KF to beat Klein in soccer.

But anyway, go KF!!!
Old 08-04-2006   #16
bigtex77
Veteran

I am looking forward to watching Barbers Hill play after moving up to 4-A, it will be interesting to see how they compete.
Old 08-04-2006   #17
real

Watch out for those Elsik RAMS!!!!
Old 08-04-2006   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Re-posting the link to the board on Rivals for Greater Houston.

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/foru...id=797&style=2
Old 08-05-2006   #19
Boxscore
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
I need to catch some games down here. One thing I miss about PA is football season up there. The state is High School football crazy -- almost like Texas. I still like to think about the USA TODAY National Championship years.... three times. Good ol days.
Where in PA Flylikeaneagle? Are you referring to Central Bucks West HS in Doylestown?
Old 08-07-2006   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unlikely that Klein gets KFin football, but I agree w/ you on the soccer. Klein and Kingwood were awesome in soccer. Much like you hope for Klein to beat KF in football, I hope for KF to beat Klein in soccer.

But anyway, go KF!!!
Klein never seems to get the good players. Last year, had we beaten you guys, we would have made the state playoffs for the first time in close to a decade. I think you won by making an interception. Klein just has bad luck or no talent in football. And when we do have talent, it's not utilized properly. For example, in 2001 or 2002 (can't remember) we had Robert Killebrew (LB for UT) and Ashton Youbouty (drafted by the Bills in the 3rd round, starter at Ohio St.) on defense. We had an awesome running back named Treeo Gibson. Our coach was terrible. He quit or was fired a few years ago and is the head coach at Magnolia High School. I don't think they won a game his first two years there.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read