Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-11-2007   #1
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Texans 2007 Schedule

Pre-Season

8/11 Chicago

8/18 @ Arizona

8/25 Dallas

8/30 @ Tampa Bay

Regular Season

9/9 Kansas City

9/16 @ Carolina

9/23 Indianapolis

9/30 @ Atlanta

10/7 Miami

10/14 @ Jacksonville

10/21 Tennessee

10/28 @ San Diego

11/4 @ Oakland

11/11 BYE

11/18 New Orleans

11/25 @ Cleveland

12/2 @ Tennessee

12/9 Tampa Bay

12/13 Denver (Thursday)

12/23 @ Indianapolis

12/30 Jacksonville
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Overall I'm happy with the schedule. There's no long road trips to speak of, and our bye week falls after 9 games (about mid-season). KC is a tough opponent, but we're at home so that helps. Also they've had some turnover on their O-Line so it should be a good game.

We're at Carolina in Week 2 so in order for Carr to start against us it looks as though he'll have to win the job outright from Jake Delhomme. Either that or maybe a pre-season/training camp injury to Jake. My money's on Jake starting against us in that game as I don't think Carr will be able to win the job outright.

Schaub returns to Atlanta in Week 4 so it should be interesting to see how Falcons fans react to the return of their former backup. It will be a great story line.

The San Diego game on the road is going to be tough especially since it comes after a divisional game against the Titans. It will be interesting to see how we stack up against a team like the Chargers. We round out the first half of the season at Oakland. I expect to see a much better performance all around by the Texans than our last trip out there.

Week 11 has us hosting Reggie and the Saints. It will probably be a story line of Reggie vs Mario, but I doubt it has the same kind of enthusiasm surrounding it as Vince's return to Houston did. Still should be fun to watch, and we'll have extra time to prepare for a talented Saints team.

The following week at Cleveland could see Kubiak trying to outcoach whomever the Browns interim coach is after Romeo is fired.

Week 15 has us hosting the Broncos on a Thursday night NFL Network game. Should be fun to see Shannahan & Kubiak battle it out. I think Denver's got a good chance to go deep into the playoffs this season.

We finish up the season at home against Jacksonville. Could be a very important game depending on how both teams do during the season. Always a great rivalry game.
Old 04-11-2007   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way Jake doesn't start is if he is injured. Every year people say omg the schedule is tough...but then again, there are only NFL teams on each schedule...well, duh!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Week 15 has us hosting the Broncos on a Thursday night NFL Network game. Should be fun to see Shannahan & Kubiak battle it out. I think Denver's got a good chance to go deep into the playoffs this season.
Is there any way people without NFL Network get that game???

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

There has to be an exception to the NFL Network monopoly for televising the game to the hometown crowd. At least, I would think that would exist, but you never know with the money grubbing lately.

It looks like a fun schedule. No 6 week gaps between home games, and they seem to be evenly spaced throughout the season. Tailgating on a Thursday is going to be weird, though.
Old 04-11-2007   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy View Post
Is there any way people without NFL Network get that game???
I'm not sure. I know our preseason game that was broadcasted on NFL Network was also shown on Channel 13. Not sure how it will work for a regular season game.
Old 04-11-2007   #7
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I know in Dallas the cable games are also broadcasted over the air.

On a side note the Cowboys have 7 primetime games this upcoming season.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 04-11-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2007   #8
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just glad they're FINALLY coming to Atlanta. It'll be fun to see what kind of reception Schaub gets. A lot of people around here were ticked about the trade.
Old 04-11-2007   #9
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I know for a fact that the NFL Network game will be televised over the air in Houston, probably channel 13.

But if you don't live in Houston.....you better have Direct TV or something that carries the network. But I guess you would be used to not seeing the Texans every week at this point anyway.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I'm soo pissed. I'll be on my honeymoon during the Saints game...

...the one game that I was hoping I would not miss.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

Ask your fiance to reschedule the wedding. Try the dead time after the NBA playoffs are over and all that is left is .... baseball.
Old 04-11-2007   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Ask your fiance to reschedule the wedding. Try the dead time after the NBA playoffs are over and all that is left is .... baseball.
Well, the bye week is the day after my wedding. She said that if the Saints play the day after, that I am "allowed to go to the game and miss the wedding brunch". Of course, they play the following week.

Wonder if Mexico can get the game?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
We delayed our honeymoon because of the Super Bowl.

She really wanted the 2/2/2 date, and the big game was the next day. Part of delaying it was practical, though, because traveling to Vegas during the Super Bowl weekend was not a good idea to me (flights were up to 75% more for that peak weekend, too).
Old 04-11-2007   #14
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So what's the problem?

Old 04-11-2007   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:

You probably told us, but where did you decide to go?
Old 04-11-2007   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I see ten wins in there if the Texans do their job. I'm serious too.

Last season you get to 8 wins easily if you just get average QB play IMO so hell, 2007 looks like a possible playoff season to me.

Too optimistic? Again?
Old 04-11-2007   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

I don't think it's too optimistic. I'm drinking the 9-7 flavored koolaide myself. I won't go so far as to predict a playoff appearance, but I simply cannot allow myself to believe that we're in for yet another losing season. I...just...can't...accept...that
Old 04-11-2007   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:

That sucks 84. Luckily for me we're headed out to Hawaii next month for our honeymoon so all I'll miss are a few Astros game early on in the season. One of the few things I've had a say so on in the whole wedding deal is the time frame of when we'd get hitched. I said I didn't like a fall or winter wedding because of the weather but actually it was because of football season. Snuck that one past her but it'll probably be one of the last things I'm able to sneak past her since she's on to my tricks now.
Old 04-11-2007   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
I said I didn't like a fall or winter wedding because of the weather but actually it was because of football season.
I pulled the ultimate faux pas. Of course the wedding had to be planned 6-8 months in advance. So we set an early fall wedding date safely in advance of the time to have the wedding and honeymoon afterwards and get back before the opening of hunting season. Meanwhile, my friends convince me to take up bowhunting. Only after we send out invitations do I find out we have scheduled the wedding for the 1st day of bowhunting season. So I end up with a gallery of pissed off guys forced to be at the wedding by their wives. Ooops. I managed to salve some feelings by having the traditional guys night out day before the rehearsal dinner filled with bowhunting pigs rather than golf. Man those eight racks of ribs disappeared fast the day after the wedding.
Old 04-11-2007   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Wink

Quote:
That sucks 84. Luckily for me we're headed out to Hawaii next month for our honeymoon so all I'll miss are a few Astros game early on in the season. One of the few things I've had a say so on in the whole wedding deal is the time frame of when we'd get hitched. I said I didn't like a fall or winter wedding because of the weather but actually it was because of football season. Snuck that one past her but it'll probably be one of the last things I'm able to sneak past her since she's on to my tricks now.

Good job, though, because now you don't have to worry about that all important annual anniversary event falling on a game day. Just make sure you don't precreate during the spring, since 9 months away is smack dab in the middle of football season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read