Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-10-2007   #1
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default PacMan Jones Suspended For A Year

According to rotoworld.com & a report on 790 the NFL will suspend Titans CB Adam "PacMan" Jones for the entire 2007 season. Chris Henry will be suspended for the first 8 games of the season.

Here's an ESPN article on it. link
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

wow...the new commish doesn't fool around. If these suspensions don't send a message to the rest of the league, I'm not sure what would.

As a Texans fan, I can't say that I'm not glad to hear that one of our division rivals has lost one of their playmakers for the 2007 season. Suh-weet!
Old 04-10-2007   #3
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Somebody on Rome, might have been him, said that the commish just "made it rain"

Henry just getting 8 is kinda weak IMO, sends the message that as long as you report to the NFL your dirty little deeds it's not that bad. Althought Tank Johnson being allowed to play in teh SB was a farce into it's self.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 04-10-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Well they also lost Bennett & Wade via FA, Henry is now in Denver, Brown is still a FA I believe. Their starting RB reported 30lbs overweight. Smiles all around for me.

As to the suspension I figured he'd get something like 8 games or so. Maybe the Titans would've tacked on another game or two to keep up appearances or maybe just fined him a certain amount of money. When I first heard he was suspended for the whole season I was a bit surprised. All I can say is I hope this suspension knocks some sense into PacMan. He's got a ton of talent, but if he continues to act the way he is he'll find himself banned from the game for life before he knows it.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never worked anywhere that wouldn't fire me for behaving like these guys...but in the world of "entertainment" and "talent"...these guys always get a bit of a free ride. Part of the reason they feel empowered I guess.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Expected.
I at least thought that he would have waited until the trial and/or cases have closed in order to hand out punishment.

I can guarantee that the NFLPA will contend this.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans have lost a few players and certainly look worse than the Texans on paper this year. Of course, they were picked to be the doormats of the division last year too.
Old 04-17-2007   #8
Bradster592
Now In Canada!

Rep Power: 9 Bradster592 is a Pro BowlerBradster592 is a Pro Bowler

'Bout time something got done.

Were I to ever behave like some of the NFL's "Stars", I'd forfeit my career, my liberty and my pension....

As a bonus, any pain to the Titans is a joy to me!

Bradster592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones bought a full-page newspaper advertisement to print an open letter in which he promised to regain trust of his team and fans.
In the advertisement in the sports section of Friday's editions of The Tennessean, Nashville's daily newspaper, Jones told his family, coaches, teammates and Titans fans he must reorganize his priorities.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2843855
I dunno, but did a light finally go on in that dimly lit head-space ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007   #10
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

we'll see if he can do that

good luck pacman
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones bought a full-page newspaper advertisement to print an open letter in which he promised to regain trust of his team and fans.
In the advertisement in the sports section of Friday's editions of The Tennessean, Nashville's daily newspaper, Jones told his family, coaches, teammates and Titans fans he must reorganize his priorities.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2843855
I dunno, but did a light finally go on in that dimly lit head-space ?
lol no way.

Ive heard this guy speak. I've seen him in interviews.
No way he wrote this. This was a depserate move by his agent.
Im sure pacman signed off on it, but the chances of him having
a) written it
b) meaning it

are slim and none
Old 04-20-2007   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

PS: This is my favorite line in the article. Clearly he and LenDale are on the same page:

"Jones also did not inform the Titans of two arrests in Georgia last year, including a felony obstruction charge for allegedly biting a Fayetteville, Ga., police officer."
Old 04-20-2007   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
lol no way.

Ive heard this guy speak. I've seen him in interviews.
No way he wrote this. This was a depserate move by his agent.
Im sure pacman signed off on it, but the chances of him having
a) written it
b) meaning it

are slim and none
Agreed, he is not intelligent enough to write anything this articulate. He has lower grammer skills than most 6th graders.
Old 04-20-2007   #14
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Agreed, he is not intelligent enough to write anything this articulate. He has lower grammer skills than most 6th graders.
What!..

You mean to tell me that a guy with less than 6th grade grammer skills can get into a major university. Tell me it isn't so.

These football players are receiving a college education... aren't they?..

My favorite rant: The NCAA should penalize football factories with the loss of a scholarship for each player who doesn't graduate, no exceptions other than death. Yes, if a player leaves early, his university loses a scholarship.

Some of our TEXAS "universities" would be unable to field a team each year.

Except with real student athletes.

Old 04-20-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
What!..

You mean to tell me that a guy with less than 6th grade grammer skills can get into a major university. Tell me it isn't so.

These football players are receiving a college education... aren't they?..

My favorite rant: The NCAA should penalize football factories with the loss of a scholarship for each player who doesn't graduate, no exceptions other than death. Yes, if a player leaves early, his university loses a scholarship.

Some of our TEXAS "universities" would be unable to field a team each year.

Except with real student athletes.

Then again you and I are Irish fans and with there 95% grad rate, it still would be hard for them to lose a number of scholarships. There should be some penalty for schools like ohio state who only graduate 45%. Maybe a medium you lose scholarships if your grad rate is lower than 75%. I say 75% because yo do not know all the cercumstances of why a person does not finish there education. It has to be a reasonable number for the lower tier schools who get kids that do not come from a strong family bacground.
Old 04-20-2007   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
PS: This is my favorite line in the article. Clearly he and LenDale are on the same page:

"Jones also did not inform the Titans of two arrests in Georgia last year, including a felony obstruction charge for allegedly biting a Fayetteville, Ga., police officer."

That was priceless. He must have been spending time hanging out with Mike Tyson.
Old 04-23-2007   #17
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

This is really a pretty harsh suspension considering that he has never been convicted of anything. I agree that 10 arrests in 2 years is a lot, but when he was not convicted seems kinda steep to me.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then again you and I are Irish fans and with there 95% grad rate, it still would be hard for them to lose a number of scholarships. There should be some penalty for schools like ohio state who only graduate 45%. Maybe a medium you lose scholarships if your grad rate is lower than 75%. I say 75% because yo do not know all the cercumstances of why a person does not finish there education. It has to be a reasonable number for the lower tier schools who get kids that do not come from a strong family bacground.
Thats an idea, in fact I like it. I wish there was a way to reward the schools and coaches that graduate players and not just dock schools that do not. Maybe extra atheltic scholorships or possibilities of having regional rotating events moreso at their school? For example if UT hits the 75% mark and Oklahoma does not, the Big XII championship game gets to be played in Austin and not Norman.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #19
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's brought his character into question by his own actions but looking at him objectively,isn't it a little harsh to judge a guy based on his speech.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #20
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
He's brought his character into question by his own actions but looking at him objectively,isn't it a little harsh to judge a guy based on his speech.
Not really, but then again most of these kids do not think past the dollars they may earn in the NFL. It would be nice to see schools make it mandatory for them to take public speaking 101. Not only would it make the player look better but it would also make the school look better.

So if you were hiring anyone for a job at where you work, would you hire someone who can not articulate himself and get his point across without needing to decifer what they had just tried to say. It is called proper english and grammer.

Last edited by Specnatz; 04-23-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read