Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-10-2007   #1
SESupergenius

Default Carr is still a class act

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4700751.html

Quote:
"I have no regrets," he said with a stern look. "I did everything I knew to do. I prepared as well as I could have.

"I can honestly say I never had a lack of effort on the field. In the end, I'll be able to sleep well when I'm done here.

"It's going to be weird watching them play without me, but I feel they can be a special team, with or without me. They're going to do well next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the playoffs."
Old 04-10-2007   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

No question that Carr was and still is a class act. I wish him the best with Carolina.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #3
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
No question that Carr was and still is a class act. I wish him the best with Carolina.
But not against us.
Old 04-10-2007   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
But not against us.
True. Wouldn't want him throwing that clipboard at AJ's feet on a deep post in an attempt to trip him up.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #5
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I've had mixed feelings about the release of Carr and in some way this brings some amount of closure for me. He's good people for sure.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

If Carr takes the field against us I suggest we put AJ in there at corner for a play or two, with any luck he might get the ball
Old 04-13-2007   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
If Carr takes the field against us I suggest we put AJ in there at corner for a play or two, with any luck he might get the ball
Funny!! But it really may not be that bad of an idea!
Old 04-13-2007   #8
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

In the long run I feel it was best all the way around for Carr to move on. I have always and will always wish him well, except, of course when he plays against us.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's exactly what I was thinking.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Funny!! But it really may not be that bad of an idea!
and so it goes AJ will drop the ball!
just for old time sake!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I fail to get the point of this comment.

Are you insinuating that Carr didn't get the ball to AJ enough last year?

Don't know how you did it, but I sure appreciate this 'new' board.

Got my cuppacoffee smilie back, retained my sig line and even kept my irish avatar.

Long live Houston Texans Message Board / Texans Talk.com.

Last edited by cuppacoffee; 04-15-2007 at 11:47 AM.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
I fail to get the point of this comment
The other way around, Carr might get 'stuck in the old days' and throw it to #80

I guess we would do better by having our RB's line up at CB and run the pressure-dump route that Carr loves so much
Old 04-15-2007   #13
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The other way around, Carr might get 'stuck in the old days' and throw it to #80

I guess we would do better by having our RB's line up at CB and run the pressure-dump route that Carr loves so much

Sometimes I need things explained to me...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read