Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-29-2007   #1
MATRIX
Veteran

Default Some many want to read this

Yahoo Sports:

It's too early to call this Carr a lemon

By Paul Attner - SportingNews
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #2
NFLforher
All Pro

Default Re: Some many want to read this

I already read it but thanks for posting.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #3
NFLforher
All Pro

Here's another one.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...aking_uni.html

Indications out of David Carr’s camp is that the quarterback is considering a unique approach to free agency. There are potential starting jobs in Oakland, Cleveland and Detroit and it’s possible Carr could end up in any of those cities. The money would likely be pretty good. But here’s where Carr’s thinking has changed after talking to a lot of people he trusts in the last few days. It’s not just about the money or the chance to be an immediate starter. Carr, who spent five years getting beat up in Houston, is starting to think the best thing for his career might be to go to a good team, spend some time as the backup and wait for his shot. That’s why Carolina and Seattle could be attractive situations and the interest from both teams isn’t just cursory. The Panthers and Seahawks are very interested in Carr. And don’t let all the earlier talk about Carolina’s salary cap woes fool you. There’s now more than enough room for the Panthers to make a strong offer to Carr when he visits early next week. As of Thursday, the Panthers have about $9.5 million in cap space.
Old 03-29-2007   #4
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATRIX View Post
Yahoo Sports:
It's too early to call this Carr a lemon
no, it's not. he's been in the league 5 years and missed two games. period.

-Ben Franklin

Last edited by 281; 03-29-2007 at 07:40 PM.
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #5
shanden
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 shanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballotshanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

That would be a very mature and introspective approach if that is the case. It takes quite an individual to realize they probably are still a rookie in mechanics and need development time they never really got.

Carr has a long way to go, but if he actually has the guts to intentionally want to sit the bench and observe and learn a few years it may pay off better in the long run. Especially if he was considering being the sack leader next year in Oakland as an alternative.
shanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #6
Trenches
Veteran

Carr's ONLY chance is to go somewhere, sit and learn. He needs to be completely broken down and rebuilt from the ground up. If somebody will stick that process out for 2-3 years he may be a serviceable backup.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #7
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 30516 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanden View Post
That would be a very mature and introspective approach if that is the case. It takes quite an individual to realize they probably are still a rookie in mechanics and need development time they never really got.

Carr has a long way to go, but if he actually has the guts to intentionally want to sit the bench and observe and learn a few years it may pay off better in the long run. Especially if he was considering being the sack leader next year in Oakland as an alternative.
Or the other side of the coin would be to say he is gun shy, has no motivation to lead a team, and would prefer to stay out of the limelight while still earning a heavy paycheck. I am no Carr hater, but one would think after 5 years in the league he would want the opportunity to compete right off the bat, on any team, and lead them to wins.
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2007   #8
BlackHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher View Post
I already read it but thanks for posting.
My Reliable source just told me that the Raiders are talking to Carr and his agent and are trying to sign him by next weekend.
BlackHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #9
BlackHeart
Rookie

Quote:

You act like Oakland is a bad place to play. Well. its not and what happen last year was due to very bad coaching and an outdated scheme from Art Shell and his offensive coaches. Our Defense is playoff type and are well coached so with the new offensive coaching staff in place I feel we will be ok.
Old 03-29-2007   #10
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

what source is this?
Old 03-29-2007   #11
BlackHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
what source is this?
The source is the friend of the late LordRaider on a Raider forum I get on.
Old 03-29-2007   #12
shanden
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 shanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballotshanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Sorry Black heart but I must disagree.
Grew up in Denver so you know my perspective. Raiders are NEVER a good team to play for.
shanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #13
BlackHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Sorry Black heart but I must disagree.
Grew up in Denver so you know my perspective. Raiders are NEVER a good team to play for.
I see you have that Bronco Blood in you.
Old 03-29-2007   #14
MATRIX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
You act like Oakland is a bad place to play. Well. its not and what happen last year was due to very bad coaching and an outdated scheme from Art Shell and his offensive coaches. Our Defense is playoff type and are well coached so with the new offensive coaching staff in place I feel we will be ok.
I grew up in Michigan, so neither team means much to me(Lions or Radiers...but I did love Barry).

So, that said, do you REALLY belive that any Raiders coach is calling the shots? Al Davis is, if the coach dosen't like it...he's gone. Why do you think a coach leaves shortly after a SB run? Tired of Al saying or just telling him what to do.

And the best source is the Panthers want Carr to build behind Jake...and it's a similar system to what Carr knows well. Plus, talks heated up earlier today...check the net.

And why did my article get deleted? I just quoted the Yahoo one.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #15
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I actually think this a really good approach for David. The Panthers and the Seahawks are both very sound choices...strong teams with aging quarterbacks.

If he lands one of those teams, he just may resurrect his career and reputation after all.

I've thought Oakland would be a complete disaster for him.
Old 03-30-2007   #16
Sportsfan
All Pro

I hope the guy lands on a 'good' team too. He deserves another chance.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the one article is b.s. OK, Carr was a #1 pick who just got cut because the team couldn't get a team to trade for him. Now it seems it isn't like teams are beating down his door. His best chance is to be a back-up because that is what he is. He doesn't want to start because he wants to make money while sitting behind someone. I'm not sure if he would win the starting job in Oakland or Cleveland.....

As to the lemon piece..where was the piece on Couch isn't a lemon. They both had the same stats. Couch started as the top pick on an expansion team. The team was horrible and had line troubles. Yet couch got run out of the league as a bust. I'm still trying to figure out why Carr gets the benefit of the doubt. Some guys just don't have it. Why are people so obsessed with one guys potential after 5 years?

The best place for him would be Carolina. Delhomme seems to have lost a little and he gets hurt. They have no back-up really so he can play some and back him up.
Old 03-30-2007   #18
NFLforher
All Pro

http://www.bleacherreport.com/index....1111&Itemid=38

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/4673356.html

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read