Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-29-2007   #1
ProfessorX
Rookie

Default David Carr Will Go To Miami

I will bet anybody on this board that David Carr will go to Miami. He will not go to Carolina or the Chiefs to be a backup, and he will not go to Oakland because they will pick a rookie as their star quarterback. My crystal ball says that he replaces Culpepper as the starter in Miami. I am sure he will be a good fit for Miami and I think he will do well there, better than for the Texans. I'm glad we got Schaub as I think he is the next Tom Brady.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #2
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Carr Will Go To Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
I will bet anybody on this board that David Carr will go to Miami. He will not go to Carolina or the Chiefs to be a backup, and he will not go to Oakland because they will pick a rookie as their star quarterback. My crystal ball says that he replaces Culpepper as the starter in Miami. I am sure he will be a good fit for Miami and I think he will do well there, better than for the Texans. I'm glad we got Schaub as I think he is the next Tom Brady.
I'm going with Hulk75's suggestion of Carolina or Cleveland.
Old 03-29-2007   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares! He's no longer a Texan. This doesn't belong here.
Old 03-29-2007   #4
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Who cares! He's no longer a Texan. This doesn't belong here.
Nice ball bust there.....and true.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
Nice ball bust there.....and true.
Sorry, but one of the things I was looking forward to after he was cut, was no Carr threads in the Bull Pen.
Old 03-29-2007   #6
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Sorry, but one of the things I was looking forward to after he was cut, was no Carr threads in the Bull Pen.
I agree we deserve it....we've suffered long enough.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #7
real

I'm going to go with none of the above and go with Seattle...

But it really doesn't matter, because wherever he goes it will be as a back-up...
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2007   #8
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I'm going to go with none of the above and go with Seattle...

But it really doesn't matter, because wherever he goes it will be as a back-up...
I agree, he goes to Seattle as a backup for a year maybe 2 (until Matt Hasselbeck retires) then takes over as the starter in 08/09.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #9
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly think David's starter days are behind him.
I wish that weren't the case, he'd be good for 1 or 2 Texan wins each year.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't know he could go to Miami as the starter....

At the very least, he could compete for the job... unless they listen to Capers, but why would they??
Old 03-29-2007   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

no way in hell he'd start in miami. i have a feeling trent green is going to be released and miami will scoop him up. culpepper will be the starter.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #12
real

No way in hell Carr starts anywhere next season...

If Carr truly wants to revitalize his career, he needs to go to Seattle with Holmgren...

Carr spent so much of his time here walking on egg shells and trying so hard to NOT mess up that his play on the field translated as timid, unsure, and shaky. I don't expect him to find the magical fountain of confidence and moxy.

Carr never showed the ability to shake off adversity (on the field) or the ability to make bad situations into good ones so I really don't expect him to ever start again quite honestly.
Old 03-29-2007   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

No, if David wants to be happy...

He goes to Miami.

If he wants to stay in Fantasy Land where he's "the man" and nothing is wrong with him, then yeah...go to Seattle.

Miami is a dream job for David. It suits him perfectly. Warm weather, the beach, laid back fan base and nice owner, first year coach, yada yada yada. Sip a few Shirley Temples with Dom every now and then, take some film to the beach house so he can do his homework. It's perfect.

But if the Carr family wants to continue to pretend that David was unjustly released and unfairly persecuted, and he ends up going to Seattle--a place where Holmgren eats small children for breakfast--then it will be a comedy of errors all over again.

Honestly and truly, this is painful to watch.
Old 03-29-2007   #14
real

Miami hasn't even had a half-way decent QB since Marino...

Yeah....Miami would be the perfect place for revitalizing his career...
Old 03-29-2007   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

And another thing:

He's made his jack. Why does it have to be to the highest bidder? Why does Miami have to "open up that pocket book" like Hulk75 (Darren, David's brother) says?

I mean, you've been hammered every Sunday for 5 years. Just take the easy road for a change. Coast through another 5 years in the NFL and "call it good."

Seriously, sometimes I wonder about the faculties up there. TAKE THE MIAMI JOB.

It's a breeze, literally.
Old 03-29-2007   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Miami hasn't even had a half-way decent QB since Marino...

Yeah....Miami would be the perfect place for revitalizing his career...
And you know what?

They are just BEGGING for another good-looking QB like Dan was. They need that. They want that.

I'm telling you guys and gals: Miami is THE place for David.

But no, that family is a glutton for punishment. They consider it a slap in the face to challenge David's abilities to thrive in any environment they choose to put themselves in.

Goodness, I'd take the friggin league minimum to be on the roster in Miami.
Old 03-29-2007   #17
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

...come in... stir the pot.... leave.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
And you know what?

They are just BEGGING for another good-looking QB like Dan was. They need that. They want that.

I'm telling you guys and gals: Miami is THE place for David.

But no, that family is a glutton for punishment. They consider it a slap in the face to challenge David's abilities to thrive in any environment they choose to put themselves in.

Goodness, I'd take the friggin league minimum to be on the roster in Miami.

When you say good looking are you talking about physical appearance ?

LOL...I don't know what that has to do with anything...He wouldn't start in Miami anyways....

I don't know what's best for David...David is the best judge of that, and even he may not know....

All I know is that he's not a Texan anymore, and that gives me the warm fuzzies.
Old 03-29-2007   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
And another thing:

He's made his jack. Why does it have to be to the highest bidder? Why does Miami have to "open up that pocket book" like Hulk75 (Darren, David's brother) says?
Maybe Carr realizes he's not a good QB and wants to pocket as much coin possible before the rest of the league figures it out.
Old 03-29-2007   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
no way in hell he'd start in miami. i have a feeling trent green is going to be released and miami will scoop him up. culpepper will be the starter.
OK... I didn't know if you guys were OK with Culpepper. I heard something(Radio, TV ,maybe) about the Dolphins releasing him, or somehow or another he ended up in Oakland... bad rumor I guess.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read