Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-29-2007   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default Carr to visit Panthers

Panthers | Carr to visit
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:01:18 -0700

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers will meet with unrestricted free-agent QB David Carr (Texans) early next week.

So much for retirement.
www.kffl.com
Old 03-29-2007   #2
coolbrezzeus
Rookie

Default Re: Carr to visit Panthers

Also he's supposed to fly to seattle and visit them also.
coolbrezzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

If any team could help his career, it would be the Panthers.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #4
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Hulk said Panthers or Browns.
Old 03-29-2007   #5
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Have to laugh at the thought of Carr in Cleveland during winter.
As if he doesn't have enough problems with bad mechanics, just add snow and freezing temps to the mix!
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This is where I thought he might go. This is the team I thought we had the best trade possibilities with to start. They tanked once Delhomme got hurt and they need a backup. He'd probably play more here if Jake is banged up compared to anywhere. Of course that doesn't mean it is a good thing if he is having to play.
Old 03-29-2007   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
This is where I thought he might go. This is the team I thought we had the best trade possibilities with to start. They tanked once Delhomme got hurt and they need a backup. He'd probably play more here if Jake is banged up compared to anywhere. Of course that doesn't mean it is a good thing if he is having to play.
It does if you are Atlanta, Tampa Bay, or New Orleans...

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2007   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
It does if you are Atlanta, Tampa Bay, or New Orleans...
LOL..right. My bad. Steve Smith would have to learn 3 yard routes.
Old 03-29-2007   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Just imagine what taking the shackles off of AJ is going to do for our passing game.
Old 03-29-2007   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just imagine what taking the shackles off of AJ is going to do for our passing game.
I know. I'm completely fired up about seeing him take over this next season. I'm expecting big things...so much so it will be interesting to see how the other WRs do catch wise. I think Walters or someone else (rookie?) is going to have some room to roam in the middle of the field if AJ goes off.
Old 03-29-2007   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
I know. I'm completely fired up about seeing him take over this next season. I'm expecting big things...so much so it will be interesting to see how the other WRs do catch wise. I think Walters or someone else (rookie?) is going to have some room to roam in the middle of the field if AJ goes off.
I agree fellas. I can see a very nice year for Owen as well. I really like this kid as our TE.
Old 03-29-2007   #12
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCarrFree View Post
Have to laugh at the thought of Carr in Cleveland during winter.
As if he doesn't have enough problems with bad mechanics, just add snow and freezing temps to the mix!
Really.....haha funny then that every time we played a cold weather team, in cold weather, david carr would play a pretty good game and we won most of them. funny how you have no idea what your talking aout.
Old 03-29-2007   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I expect more consistant play from AJ no doubt, but to expect better numbers is ludacris. Carr would only look for AJ, while Schaub will hopefully not lock onto only AJ. It would be nice to see a balenced passing attack rather than AJ being the only reciever on our team with more than 30 catches or so.
Old 03-29-2007   #14
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
I thought that's what Steve smith does best turn a little hitch into a 30 yard reception.

I said it before too i really think Carolina is the best place for Carr to go and a good fit for what they do. You've got Deangelo out of the backfield, hopefully a heathy Deshaun Foster to go between the tackles, Steve Smith taking the short routes and making them into big plays and a reliable guy to go acorss the middle in Keyshawn.

They've got a solid Oline and i'm not sure how they Feel About Delhomme after last year. He really seemed to struggle and i couldn't point my finger on what it was. Maybe he had some lingering injury or just had some sort of mental block but i didn't see the sort of Moxy he had when he helped lead the team to the Superbowl. Add that too your backup is Chris Weinke? Still. I am sure Delhomme will still get the benefit of the doubt to start the season though. Might get some encouragment from the #2 Pro bowl pick Julius Peppers.

That aside....I'm stoked for the draft and am excited to see how the offense looks next year. IF we don't get a receiver to battle out with Walter as the #2 somehow i am not worried. Because teams are going to have to account for Owens and Green out of the backfield. Hopefully a solid running gmae will allow us to use some double moves and play action over the top.
Old 03-29-2007   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I expect more consistant play from AJ no doubt, but to expect better numbers is ludacris. Carr would only look for AJ, while Schaub will hopefully not lock onto only AJ. It would be nice to see a balenced passing attack rather than AJ being the only reciever on our team with more than 30 catches or so.
His number of receptions will go down, no doubt. But instead of having a 10 yard average, 103 catches for 1030 yards or whatever, he's going to have 80 catches for 1500 yards. We're going to use him as a WR, and not a TE.
Old 03-29-2007   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Getting alot of catches isn't exactly what I was thinking when I thought he could havce better stats. I am talking just plain out taking over some games and TDs. 5 Tds isn't enough in my book. You can dink and dunk 10 catches a game to some guys but AJ has more potential in my book to break open games and get some more scores. Yards and scores. You are right on the rest of the team though and hopefully the above opens it up for the TE and other WRs.
Old 03-29-2007   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

who cares where Carr visits...i just think its funny that he is still unemployed and scrambling for a job....so much for the 'he will be picked up instantly' homer-theory
Old 03-29-2007   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
I thought that's what Steve smith does best turn a little hitch into a 30 yard reception.

I said it before too i really think Carolina is the best place for Carr to go and a good fit for what they do. You've got Deangelo out of the backfield, hopefully a heathy Deshaun Foster to go between the tackles, Steve Smith taking the short routes and making them into big plays and a reliable guy to go acorss the middle in Keyshawn.

They've got a solid Oline and i'm not sure how they Feel About Delhomme after last year. He really seemed to struggle and i couldn't point my finger on what it was. Maybe he had some lingering injury or just had some sort of mental block but i didn't see the sort of Moxy he had when he helped lead the team to the Superbowl. Add that too your backup is Chris Weinke? Still. I am sure Delhomme will still get the benefit of the doubt to start the season though. Might get some encouragment from the #2 Pro bowl pick Julius Peppers.

That aside....I'm stoked for the draft and am excited to see how the offense looks next year. IF we don't get a receiver to battle out with Walter as the #2 somehow i am not worried. Because teams are going to have to account for Owens and Green out of the backfield. Hopefully a solid running gmae will allow us to use some double moves and play action over the top.
He is good at that but that isn't how they have always used his speed and strength. He was running alot posts and deep routes and plain out running guys. He also ran digs across the middle and was catching balls in stride. There is only so many times you can run a hitch and expect a guy to get a ton off of it. You can keep trying it but it won't be your bread and butter.
Old 03-29-2007   #19
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Not to mention Schaub's arm is substantially weaker ... I'm not expecting to see a lot of precisely placed long balls out of this guy. We hope and expect better vision and decision making which if delivered will make a lot of positive difference, but Schaub's athleticism and arm do not compare to Carr's.

I personally hope to see Carr in Carolina because that is truly a team that is (a) relatively established, and (b) has a lot of weapons and we will be able to see how good Carr does or doesn't look in such an atmosphere. I'd compare Carr to a more cautious version of Jake Plummer--inconsistent and poor decision making but can put up big success in the right system and surrounded by the right personnel (as Plummer did in Denver that one year.)
Old 03-29-2007   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Sorry, I was responding to the accuracy part and saw it was prefaced with "long" so I editted.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read