Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-28-2007   #1
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat
Default David Irons

If he were to fall to the third, would we take him?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/irons_david
Old 03-29-2007   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Irons

I hope so.

We need DBs.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #3
htownfoozball
Veteran

YES!! FINALLY! I've been putting him in my 3rd in every mock since forever. he's not gonna jump out with his tools or anything, but he's as solid as they come. SEC means battle tested. plays with a chip on his shoulder
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
YES!! FINALLY! I've been putting him in my 3rd in every mock since forever. he's not gonna jump out with his tools or anything, but he's as solid as they come. SEC means battle tested. plays with a chip on his shoulder
I think he is too injury prone with not enough upside to draft in the 3rd. I think there are better 3rd round CB's than Irons. I might look at him second day, but right now we only have two 1st day picks, and one of them should not be for him.
Old 03-29-2007   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It depends on who's there.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #6
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Ive been on this guy all last college season and even made it known he is my favorite sleeper here, waaay before the combine and all that. This guy is a Nathan Vasher clone and will be a stud in the NFL.
Old 03-29-2007   #7
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Is Weddle going to last til the 3rd? I like his versatility. If he doesn't work as a CB, he could be our FS. Otherwise, I like Irons in the 3rd. Who else do you think is going to be available in the 3rd? My prediction is that there's going to be a run on CBs in the 2nd.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2007   #8
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

All the reports I read coming out of the Senior Bowl were very positive for Irons. Seems like he locked down his man in every practice. Also, ran faster than most predicted he would. I wouldn't mind getting him in the 3rd.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #9
real

I wouldn't touch him until the fourth....

I don't see him as a guy that starts right away, and I feel there are other players that will be available that can come in and be possible starters...

I'd rather start Faggins...
Old 03-29-2007   #10
htownfoozball
Veteran

hmm...somehow i overlooked the fact that he'll be 25 years old as a rookie. that said, he's still going to be a solid player, and we could really use him on our team. if we do take nelson in the 1st, i'd prolly rather have tarrell brown in the 4th. his off field problems arent that big of a deal IMO, but it should drop his stock a bit.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read