Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wonderlic Scores?

beerlover

Hall of Fame
when will they be posted? I guess after last years leak (VY) they really put the clamps down, still it would be nice to know.

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
Drew Stanton - 35
John Beck - 30
Brady Quinn - 29
Kevin Kolb - 28
Matt Guiterrez - 28
Jordan Palmer - 23
Justin Rascati - 23
Jeff Rowe - 21
Luke Getsy - 20
Tyler Palko - 18
Toby Korrodi - 12
Chris Leak - 8

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Drew Stanton - 35
John Beck - 30
Brady Quinn - 29
Kevin Kolb - 28
Matt Guiterrez - 28
Jordan Palmer - 23
Justin Rascati - 23
Jeff Rowe - 21
Luke Getsy - 20
Tyler Palko - 18
Toby Korrodi - 12
Chris Leak - 8
cool :rolleyes: but as long as your posting QB's how about that Stanford Kids score (Trent Edwards)?

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
QB Wonderlic scores from some guy who is researching Wonderlic scores:

Here's this guy's story on Leak's test score.

Chris Leak & the Wonderlic

I've recently received a few emails about Chris Leak's reported score of 8. Here are my thoughts on the issue.

First, this information came from a reliable source, nfldraftscout.com, which obtained the score from the Univ. of Florida's pro day in 2006 (not 2007). It wasn't invented or misreported as in Vince Young's case last year. It cannot be stressed enough that a practice test taken in 2006 is not comparable to a Combine test in 2007.

Other information I was able to find on Chris Leak:
High school honor roll student,
3.0+ College GPA, degree in Social and Behavioral Science

Leak's 2006 campus workout
4.66 in the 40-yard dash
300-pound bench press (bench presses 225 pounds 10 times)
400-pound squat
31-inch vertical jump
9'5" broad jump
4.24 20-yard shuttle
30 3/8-inch arm length
9 3/8-inch hands
8/12 Wonderlic score

The 8/12 Wonderlic score means Leak answered 12 questions and got 8 of them right. Personally, I'd be more concerned about his intelligence if he had answered 50 questions and gotten only 8 correct. One of the important things to remember here is that the Wonderlic score measures general intelligence aptitude, and not work ethic or likely NFL success. Leak was a high school honor roll student, an a Draddy finalist (http://www.footballfoundation.com/news.php?id=1008), and he's has worked hard for his many successes with what many consider marginal tools.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
I said it last year when VY's scored was released; it's as much the agent's fault as it is the players. All agents have every version of teh Wunderlic, if a player scores low it's only because he and his agent didn't prepare for it. Shows poor judgement and poor selection of the people around teh player.

Janus3

Waterboy
I said it last year when VY's scored was released; it's as much the agent's fault as it is the players. All agents have every version of teh Wunderlic, if a player scores low it's only because he and his agent didn't prepare for it. Shows poor judgement and poor selection of the people around teh player.
have you ever seen a wonderlic? to score a 6 literally means you have little to no common sense. one of the questions is "what is the ninth month of the year?" if you can't get more than 10 questions on a test that asks that, i pity you.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
I would really like the wonderlic to reflect the sport they play with sample questions based on the NFL & its systems. for instance while Stanton would still probably score well Schuab would be through the roof & relative reason why the Texans opted to take that route instead of develop a QB from scratch :cool:

vtech9

All Pro
Stanton-35

VERY INTERESTING, seeing had we not gotten Schaub I would of prayed we took him.
I am still hoping for Jared Zabransky in the 7th. I heard on NFL Network's Path to the Draft that Zabransky scored a 36 on the wonderlic.

NFLforher

Rookie
matt schuab 30
david carr 24

Peyton Manning 29

Drew Henson 42

Steve Young 33

Alex Smith 40

Matt Leinart 35

Drew Bledsoe 37

Tom Brady 33

Michael Vick 11

Sage Rosenfels 32

Brett Favre 22

Jeff George 10

Dan Marino 14

Philip Rivers 30

Ben Roethlisberger 25

Brian Griese 39

digitalswim

Sleepwalker
I am still hoping for Jared Zabransky in the 7th. I heard on NFL Network's Path to the Draft that Zabransky scored a 36 on the wonderlic.
Yeah wouldn't surprise me if the Texans took him somewhere on day 2 since they just had him in for a workout.

gtexan02

Working?
I think wonderlic scors should determine your payout by your team.
If you can't name the 9th month of the year, you shouldn't be walking around with 25 million

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
If I had an opportunity to choose between Bruce Eugene and Vince Young, it would be Vince Young hands down.

Il_Bruno

Waterboy
I think wonderlic scors should determine your payout by your team.
If you can't name the 9th month of the year, you shouldn't be walking around with 25 million
I need to use my fingers to help me out on that one, does that mean i cant have 25 mil? :gun:

but in all seriousness, from what i heard the wonderlic is a pretty irrelevant test. Many people that are academic smart are brain dead when it comes to common sense. cuts both ways sometimes. If you get that 25 mil and your dumb enough to squander it away, boo hoo for you though, even someone with a room temp IQ should know to stash some of that away.