Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-28-2007   #1
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Default The Real MVP

We all talk every season about who the most valuable player of the league is, but here is my question, out of all the playoff teams from this past year, who is their overall team mvp, and which team relies on that mvp the most?

Colts- Peyton Manning
Patriots- Tom Brady
Chiefs- Larry Johnson
Jets- ? Nick Mangold?
Ravens- Ed Reed
Chargers- LT
Bears- Brian Urlacher
Seahawks- Shaun Alexander
Giants- Tiki Barber
Cowboys- Terrel Owens
Eagles- Brian Westbrook
Saints-Drew Brees

Of those teams, I think if you took that one player away, these teams would still be playoff teams:
Jets, Ravens, Seahawks, Cowboys, Eagles

Therefor these teams are ithe ones that rely on one player the most: Colts Patriots Cheifs Chargers Bears Saints

Colts- Peyton Manning
Face it, without peyton... there offense is gone, he is a coach and a player, and the defense will be even worse because they will be on the field so much, this team would be a total mess.

Patriots- The only bit of offense from this team comes from brady, he had no help this season with an aging dillon, and an injury nagged maroney. Gaffeney was his number one receiver! However he still led this team to the afc championship. Without him, the heart beat of this team is gone and I do not see them making the playoffs.

Cheifs- Had the most carries this season, they don't really have any receivers, an aging tight end, and no quarterback. They just hand the ball to LJ and let him be the hero or the blame, either way he is their team, no doubt about that.

Chargers- This team would be close with michael turner, but just because of all the other talent in the afc, I don't see this team making hte playoffs without the most gamechanging player in the nfl. Perhaps if they had brees I would still say they would make the playoffs.

Bears- Defense carries this team, and Urlacher leads this defense, their would be one big hole in the defense, and they would then just be mediocre, and with no offense and a mediocre defense, you don't go anywhere.

Saints- Yeah the turnaround year, it was drew brees, without him, they would have the second pick of the draft.

The most valuable player to their team I believe is Peyton Manning, because he is not only a player, but a play caller, and a coach.

Thoughts?
Old 03-28-2007   #2
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Default Re: The Real MVP

I'll be the first to agree with you, as much as I can't stand Payton you have to give him the respect, he earns it IMO. He reminds me of a field general directing the troops, in the game all the time never takes a play off and expects it from everyone around him. He is the one player in the NFL that truly makes his team better. Now that said hope he has a post super bowl slump for like the next 5 to 10 YEARS. Go Texans!!!!
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

good work yft, peyton is just incredible.

The only one i really have a problem with is Terrell Owens. I think he was a distraction, although it wasn't as bad as the past. He and Romo seemed to really click and looked like they were on the same page...but TO lead the league with drops.

To be fair I don't know who I would have put as the Dallas MVP...maybe Dierk, he can lead the mavs and the cowboys?
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #4
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

The only one i really have a problem with is Terrell Owens. I think he was a distraction, although it wasn't as bad as the past. He and Romo seemed to really click and looked like they were on the same page...but TO lead the league with drops.

To be fair I don't know who I would have put as the Dallas MVP...maybe Dierk, he can lead the mavs and the cowboys?
Yeah... cowboys was tough... it would go to JJ but he had a down year, no one on defense really stands out, and the unit as a whole wasn't great either. But Terrel led the league in touchdown catches, and if you watched their season they kind of lived and died by relying on TO to pick up 1st downs and scores, or be a distraction and to find Glenn deep etc.
Old 03-29-2007   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the bears would still have made the playoffs escpecially if they didnt have any other injuries.

The chiefs would have been really bad without LJ. Really bad

I dont think the colts would have made the playoffs without peyton but they would still be respectable. The cheifs would be well horrible. Therefore my choice for MVP is Peyton Manning.LOL he is just to good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
Yeah... cowboys was tough... it would go to JJ but he had a down year, no one on defense really stands out, and the unit as a whole wasn't great either. But Terrel led the league in touchdown catches, and if you watched their season they kind of lived and died by relying on TO to pick up 1st downs and scores, or be a distraction and to find Glenn deep etc.
D Ware is a stud.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 03-29-2007   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
We all talk every season about who the most valuable player of the league is, but here is my question, out of all the playoff teams from this past year, who is their overall team mvp, and which team relies on that mvp the most?

Colts- Peyton Manning
Patriots- Tom Brady
Chiefs- Larry Johnson+
Jets- ? Nick Mangold?
PENNINGTON
Ravens- Ed Reed
Chargers- LT
Bears- Brian Urlacher
Seahawks- Shaun Alexander
Giants- Tiki Barber
Cowboys- Terrel Owens
ROMO
Eagles- Brian Westbrook
Saints-Drew Brees

Of those teams, I think if you took that one player away, these teams would still be playoff teams:
Jets, Ravens, Seahawks, Cowboys, Eagles

<snip>

Thoughts?
Jets don't make the playoffs without Pennington. Period. The end.

The Cowboys with Bledsoe at the helm wouldn't make the playoffs. They made the playoffs because of Romo (even though his performance tailed off at the end of hte season.)

I really think that the most important person on the Eagles is Andy Reid. I know we talk about most valuable players but he has the Eagles ready to play and play hard and it doesn't matter who the players are. Him and Jimmy Johnson get performance out of players (like Trotter and Douglas) that no one else can.

That leaves the Ravens and... I didn't really watch enough of their games to know who their most valuable player was.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2007   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

TO also led the NFL in TDs by a WR.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #9
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely Drew Brees when a player comes on ateam that was 3-13,then takes them to the NFC championship game.You now he's valuable.But I think the player most valuable to his team is Vince Young, face it without him they would blow.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
Definitely Drew Brees when a player comes on ateam that was 3-13,then takes them to the NFC championship game.You now he's valuable.But I think the player most valuable to his team is Vince Young, face it without him they would blow.
No man that was all reggie bush.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2007   #11
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
This was about PLAYOFF teams. Last time i saw...the Titans didn't make it.

I'll agree on Peyton though. Dunno if that offense isthe same with Sorgi or Shaun King under center.

As for Cowboys MVP. I'll Go with Parcells. The premodonna gets credit for his stats and scoring touchdowns but without Parcells making the call to bench Bledsoe, deal with Jerry Jones, and i don't know if i have seen anyone handle TO better then Parcells. They should get a bust ready for that guy in Canton.
Old 03-29-2007   #12
real

Only on the Texans board does a center get named MVP.
Old 03-29-2007   #13
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
This was about PLAYOFF teams. Last time i saw...the Titans didn't make it. .
I know i just gave my answer to playoff teams when i said Drew Brees.Then I said who I thought was the MVP to his Team out of everybody. Sheesh!!!
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read