Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2007   #1
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Flanagan Gone? (Not)

I remember that Flanagan got hurt last year - has he been cut?

I thought we played better when they moved McKinney back to center after Flanagan got hurt.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Flanagan Gone?

Flanagan is still on the roster.
Old 03-28-2007   #3
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Flanagan Gone? (Not)

Thanks, I guess I am getting old - missed him on the roster. He isn't listed on the depth chart.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #4
Keldar
Veteran

Default Re: Flanagan Gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Flanagan is still on the roster.
No, Please!!!!!
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
He isn't listed on the depth chart.
The current depth chart is from the last game of the season, when Flanagan was on the DL. An updated depth chart will come sometime prior to training camp, I think.
Old 03-28-2007   #6
texans83
All Pro

either he hits the weight room or we need to cut him IMO. he is lookin kinda fat.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #7
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I don't think he gets cut as long as Sherman's here. Hopefully he will just be a backup and mentor.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2007   #8
mamoo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mamoo is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmamoo is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If things progress like they did last year, don't expect a depth chart until after a few preseason games. Kubiak doesn't like to work with one while he's still evaluating the team.
mamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #9
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
An updated depth chart will come sometime prior to training camp, I think.
Actually, Kubiak put out his first '06 depth chart on 8/9/06. Just prior to the 1st preseason game.
Old 03-28-2007   #10
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamoo View Post
If things progress like they did last year, don't expect a depth chart until after a few preseason games. Kubiak doesn't like to work with one while he's still evaluating the team.
thats right!!I remb him diong that
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Flanagan needs to lose aleast 10-15 lbs off his gut.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #12
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
I remember that Flanagan got hurt last year - has he been cut?

I thought we played better when they moved McKinney back to center after Flanagan got hurt.
I personally don't think Flanagan wasn't that bad. I just think he didn't like david carr. He always did well behind Rosenfels
Old 03-28-2007   #13
quicksilver
Overweight

I have great respect for Flanagan, his OL IQ, and the career he's had. And I'm not of the opinion that his weight--and certainly not a difference of 10-15 pounds--is at all a significant factor. The fact is he was weak last season. He couldn't hold the line to save his (or Carr's) life. Pitts was constantly helping Flanagan in addition to covering his own responsibility in '06.

Hodgdon has shown the last two seasons that he is not of NFL quality. We can limp by with McKinney at C, though he's a better guard.

We absolutely must pick up another center. Possibly through FA--though I don't have any idea who's available who could function in our system--but more likely through the draft.
Old 03-28-2007   #14
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
I have great respect for Flanagan, his OL IQ, and the career he's had. And I'm not of the opinion that his weight--and certainly not a difference of 10-15 pounds--is at all a significant factor. The fact is he was weak last season. He couldn't hold the line to save his (or Carr's) life. Pitts was constantly helping Flanagan in addition to covering his own responsibility in '06.

Hodgdon has shown the last two seasons that he is not of NFL quality. We can limp by with McKinney at C, though he's a better guard.

We absolutely must pick up another center. Possibly through FA--though I don't have any idea who's available who could function in our system--but more likely through the draft.
Yeah, I agree we need another Center, but I definately think it will have to be through the draft. I don't think there is anybody out there in FA worth looking at. I'm thinking if the Texans are able to trade down into the twenties they could pick up Kalil who is projected to go late in the 1st round, but at this point in time, it's hard to get a read on what they plan to do. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #15
t_flare
Veteran

He might have been hurt toward the end of the year...but he as so crappy when he did play... Mckinney deserves his spot all the time
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read