Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-28-2007   #1
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default USC Pro Day

Big day for Jarrett, et al... probably not quite what it was last year.

11:30 PST
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: USC Pro Day

I predict a forty in the 4.6 range....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #3
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
I second that
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll take the under.
Old 03-28-2007   #5
Daonly
Veteran

I should go. i only leave a few minutes away. Only thing is I have to be at work for 2pm.
Daonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly View Post
I should go. i only leave a few minutes away. Only thing is I have to be at work for 2pm.
Screw work!!! GO GO GO GO GO!!....
Old 03-28-2007   #7
Daonly
Veteran

Quote:
Screw work!!! GO GO GO GO GO!!....
Im thinking about it, it's on the weekday now. last year it was on a weekend; so parking going to be hell and such.
Daonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2007   #8
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly View Post
Im thinking about it, it's on the weekday now. last year it was on a weekend; so parking going to be hell and such.
If you do go, let us know how he and Steve Smith did....
Old 03-28-2007   #9
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Closed to the public... no results out yet.
Old 03-28-2007   #10
htownfoozball
Veteran

Wowwww

4.67 And 4.62

Nfl.com
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
Wowwww

4.67 And 4.62

Nfl.com
...i was right...does this make me a draft guru?....
Old 03-28-2007   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
Wowwww

4.67 And 4.62

Nfl.com
No way !!! Yeah that's going to look prety darn good oposite A.J. there. I can't wait. So does this mean he IS another Mike Williams in the making ? I guess the acron don't fall very far from the tree does it ?
So we can pretty much have Hicks or another WCO numbers guy on day two or over pay, by millons, for the bulla bulla guy and his college hardware and stats. Guess which way I would like to see us go ?

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-28-2007 at 04:00 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he blew it. almost feel bad for him.

take him out of your first round mocks now.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he blew it. almost feel bad for him.
Late first at best?...
Old 03-28-2007   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me are have the 40 times for teh USC palyers beena bit disapointing over the past few years.

4.6, I smell another Mike Williams; and that's only good if you're Matt Millen.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

at least mike williams went 4.55.
Old 03-28-2007   #17
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
at least mike williams went 4.55.
4.55 still didn't help him in Det. I'm offically leary of USC Wideouts now.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #18
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Jarrett's only 20, it's conceivable he could mature more physically, get a little faster. The thing is, he had the same short shuttle time, 4.20, as Meachem who had 4.19. He had a 36.5 vertical too, vs. Meachem's 37.5.

I don't think the speed and athleticism numbers are much of a worry, given his size and hands. They are a worry given his route-running and work ethic. Mike Williams and Lendale White have given the program a really soft image. If you run a 4.65 (no telling what the real time is, given the track and Brandt's alleged inconsistency) you've gotta be a beast out there on the field.

He's got the numbers and production in big games, but that hasn't been a guarantee of much out of USC skill guys lately. Bowe clearly surpasses him after this workout.

I do think he'll slip out of the 1st.

Last edited by Dr. Toro; 03-28-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
4.55 still didn't help him in Det. I'm offically leary of USC Wideouts now.
why? just be weary of the big slow lazy ones.
Old 03-28-2007   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Dwayne Jarrett WR Jarrett (6-4, 214) ran his 40s in 4.67 and 4.62 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.20 and the three-cone drill in 7.28. He also had a 36˝-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-1 broad jump.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts
4.62 only makes you a possession receiver in the NFL, that's not fast enough to seperate from most corners in this league or be considered a WR who could potentially "stretch" the field. For example, we need a faster guy than
that to really take the heat off of AJ.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read