Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-28-2007   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Instant Replay Made Permanent

They've decided to make it an official's tool. I assume this is so that they can pay for better equipment. However, I think it's a good move. I wish other sports (soccer to be exact) would take up instant replay.
Old 03-28-2007   #2
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Instant Replay Made Permanent

the instant replay thing is not too big of deal to me. The need is fairly obvious and the more cameras the better.

Now for that overtime and its stat, that looks like an issue that needs to be adjusted a bit.
Old 03-28-2007   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
I wish other sports (soccer to be exact) would take up instant replay.
soccer needs it, but i think they're worried it will ruin the flow of the game or something. I think it could be done though, review fouls, suspect offsides calls, etc.
Old 03-28-2007   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
soccer needs it, but i think they're worried it will ruin the flow of the game or something. I think it could be done though, review fouls, suspect offsides calls, etc.
hmmmm...interesting...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #5
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not gonna happen anytime soon. FIFA is against it!!
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
Not gonna happen anytime soon. FIFA is against it!!
FIFA is stupid.
Old 03-28-2007   #7
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
FIFA is stupid.
Lol! Yeah I know. But then again, if every suspect offsides call was going to be reviewed the referees would review all the day.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2007   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
What flow? 90 minutes of eighteen people standing around while 3-4 people dribble and kick a ball across a field the size of a small town.

And for the record, I'm not anti-soccer--growing up in Europe I enjoyed watching English Premier and a number of the national league, but I had to take a shot
Old 03-28-2007   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Whoops - wasn't intentionally trying to start a soccer thread, but I'll say I've heard rumors of leagues wanting instant replay. I think it would be good in a limited sense - if done in the way of NFL challenges - but I think adding a few refs would be better. Too many times it seems the ref doesn't make the call cause the ball just traveled a hundred yards to the other end of the field and then the screw-up was made.

But back to American Football...I'd like to see OT handled differently, too. I don't like that it feels like a given - whichever teams gets the ball first is likely to win. Maybe if both teams were given a chance like in college.
Old 03-28-2007   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
the instant replay thing is not too big of deal to me. The need is fairly obvious and the more cameras the better.

Now for that overtime and its stat, that looks like an issue that needs to be adjusted a bit.
Pass interference needs to be changed before anything else.

Ever since I joined this board I've been saying that pass interference is the worst call in all of sports, even when the WR starts the contact the DB is flagged because the NFL favors offenses over defenses by a very large margin.

I think they should keep the spot foul rule for serious contact, but the pattycake stuff should only be 5 yds with no automatic 1st down.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #11
madcap
Rookie

the closest thing they'd use to instant replay would be goal-line technology in "soccer". instant replay/tv refs really would slow the game down, and would eradicate the need for referees and their assistents
madcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #12
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Roughing the Passer" rule modified

modified roughing-the-passer so that a defender engaged with a quarterback who simply extends his arms and shoves the passer to the ground is not penalized;

I like this change. There has been tons of BS calls for roughing over the years...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #13
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Pass interference needs to be changed before anything else.

Ever since I joined this board I've been saying that pass interference is the worst call in all of sports, even when the WR starts the contact the DB is flagged because the NFL favors offenses over defenses by a very large margin.

I think they should keep the spot foul rule for serious contact, but the pattycake stuff should only be 5 yds with no automatic 1st down.
that's actually a good point.

I wager that overtime started to tip to the offense after all of the changes to pass coverage and blocking.

I am not saying I know what the solution is. But I bet if they balanced the pass interference out, things would change for overtime. I am not sure how many teams elect to kick and not receive.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read