Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2007   #1
ProfessorX
Rookie

Default My Texans Dream Team

I have to say I am very excited about the direction the Texans are heading this year. Matt Schaub was definately the best acquisition this season throughout the NFL. We couldn't have gotten him at a more perfect time. Finally, the Texans make a stellar decision.

Now I know what I am about to say is going to get me stomped on, and keep in mind that I know that there isn't a chance in hell that these will ever happen, or that anyone else will agree with me, but a guy can dream can't he?

RB's: Texans spend the money and get Michael Turner from the chargers, and make him the starter backed up by Amahn Green, and Chris Taylor. Trade Dayne and Wali.

WR's: Take Marcus Colston from New Orleans, (Hey, I think that's the best they can do to pay the city of Houston back...right?)

Draft us another Williams and Ryans or pay to have them cloned...and use our drafts for the O-line....what do you think?
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #2
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77
Default Re: My Texans Dream Team

umm..what are you smoking?
Old 03-28-2007   #3
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If Spencer is not going to be back, try for Levi Brown. Fix the damn O-Line once and for all.

If Levi is gone, go for secondary help, Landy, etc.

In the thrid round look for a Center or WR

Fourth round on, look for more secondary help, WR, or Center

Yeah, I skipped RB's, but if the O-Line is decent, and with Leach leading Dayne/Green/Taylor, or occasionaly getting the ball himself, the running game should be respectable. Plus the TE's seem to have the talent to catch short fast passes, which almost counts as running plays. (I have a hunch that Owen Daniels could become one of the best in the league.) Did I just describe a balanced offense???
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #4
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Has Michael Turner been resigned by the Bolts? Wish we could get him but ain't gonna happen. It's a shame he has to sit behind LT. In three seasons he's got only got 80 carries but has a 6 yard per attempt avg. He's the real deal and could start for any team.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Has Michael Turner been resigned by the Bolts? Wish we could get him but ain't gonna happen. It's a shame he has to sit behind LT. In three seasons he's got only got 80 carries but has a 6 yard per attempt avg. He's the real deal and could start for any team.
Chargers | Turner receives high tender offer
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:43:22 -0800

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers have tendered RB Michael Turner, a restricted free agent, with a one-year, $2.35 million tender. Turner can negotiate with other teams but the Chargers would have the ability to match any offer. If they chose not to match, they would receive a first-round and third-round pick as compensation for him from the other squad.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #6
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Can we bring Joe Montana out of retirement and Vince Lombardi back from the dead while we are at it?

B/W if we can get Montana, go ahead and sign Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, and that entire late 80's early 90's 49er offensive line.
Old 03-28-2007   #7
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaborn-Texasbred View Post
Can we bring Joe Montana out of retirement and Vince Lombardi back from the dead while we are at it?

B/W if we can get Montana, go ahead and sign Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, and that entire late 80's early 90's 49er offensive line.
GEEZE! I CAN'T believe you forgot to add The Earl of Campbell to that list!!

I enjoyed the old Oiler days: QB hands off to Earl. 7 defenders pile on Earl in the backfield. The pile gains 12 yards.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2007   #8
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan View Post
GEEZE! I CAN'T believe you forgot to add The Earl of Campbell to that list!!

I enjoyed the old Oiler days: QB hands off to Earl. 7 defenders pile on Earl in the backfield. The pile gains 12 yards.
Those were the days...

I don't know why those Luv ya blue oilers even put receivers on the field. They should have just put jumbo line packages in.
Old 03-28-2007   #9
TexanPride05
Rookie

If we could get michael turner that would be sweet, but no chance.
TexanPride05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #10
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
I have to say I am very excited about the direction the Texans are heading this year. Matt Schaub was definately the best acquisition this season throughout the NFL. We couldn't have gotten him at a more perfect time. Finally, the Texans make a stellar decision.

Now I know what I am about to say is going to get me stomped on, and keep in mind that I know that there isn't a chance in hell that these will ever happen, or that anyone else will agree with me, but a guy can dream can't he?

RB's: Texans spend the money and get Michael Turner from the chargers, and make him the starter backed up by Amahn Green, and Chris Taylor. Trade Dayne and Wali.

WR's: Take Marcus Colston from New Orleans, (Hey, I think that's the best they can do to pay the city of Houston back...right?)

Draft us another Williams and Ryans or pay to have them cloned...and use our drafts for the O-line....what do you think?
Why don't we just take Peterson or Lynch in the draft. They would come cheaper than Turner, pick up P. Crayton...dude has blazing speed, and draft a lil more help on the offensive side of the ball. Levi Brown will be gone by the 10th pick, trust me!!
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read