Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-27-2007   #1
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Best NFL Acquisition Pick so far NFL Network

I've been reading alot on MB and not really posting just soaking everything in the past few weeks. But tonight, to add to all the many ongoings of the Texans and the signings etc impact that they are creating and effecting in the pre season draft NFL world, I was watching NFL Total Access on NFL Network tonight and it chose Schaub as the best overall offensive acquistion for a NFL team so far this year. Did I hear that right as it will repeat later on tonight. They also picked the overall best defensive acquisition going to the Bucs I think. Anyone else see tonight's show?

Last edited by TexanBorn51; 03-27-2007 at 11:03 PM.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best NFL Acquisition Pick so far NFL Network

Nice to hear. Better than ESPN saying we got robbed by giving up two 2nd rounders and moving down two spots.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #3
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Nice to hear. Better than ESPN saying we got robbed by giving up two 2nd rounders and moving down two spots.
Right on... You know as we speak the NFL Network is now playing the Oilers/ Bills game put on by viewr's choice just by coincidence
Old 03-27-2007   #4
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
It was a stiff price to pay. It may be worth it. We don't know yet. It's probably best to wait on judgment until it actually plays out and we can pout or gloat based on the actual outcome. Reality, what a concept.

ESPN talks too much.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

They are giving an opinion. However it will mold into a fact
Old 03-28-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBorn51 View Post
Right on... You know as we speak the NFL Network is now playing the Oilers/ Bills game put on by viewr's choice just by coincidence
I saw that last night too... After years of therapy, it appears that I have NOT gotten that game out of my system...lol. Some people refer to that game as "The Comeback"... To me, that game will always be known as "The Collapse"

Also, did anyone catch the part of Total Access where they showed Jeff Fisher eating while they were "setting up" the owners meeting? Who walks up to Fisher while he is eating?? None other than Houston's number 1 Titan fan, Johnny Mac.....
Old 03-28-2007   #7
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw the fan vote on nfl.com myself and out of fear I voted for "The Catch" (Girls vs. Niners), but the vote for the Oilers-Bills game was way out in front by then.
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2007   #8
texans83
All Pro

Yea I saw it also, man I hope he turns out to be a great pickup; only time will tell. Go texans
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #9
ROCKY
Rookie

Yeah I saw it, did you see how when the guy said that he thought Schaub was the best offensive aqquisition, the host looked at him w/ a disgusted look on his face and said "you really think Schaub was the best accquisition?"

They were looking at him like he was insane, what is that guys name? Sololmon Wilcox maybe??? Anyways, props to Solomon (?) for picking my boy Matt (MFing) Schaub!
Old 03-28-2007   #10
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Schaub was the hot pick of the offeseason in all of sports media.

Until the Texans traded for him. Now he's a disaster-in-waiting.
Old 03-28-2007   #11
texans83
All Pro

I hope we arent compared to the raiders. It looks to be that way, like we say we hope Carr goes somewhere he will suceed as long as its not the raiders. I wonder if teams are thinking the same thing about us. man I cant wait to shut everone up.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #12
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post

Of course. I'm pretty sick of hearing how everything we touch supposedly turns into crap but players like steinbach who get stupid big contracts are awesome additions.
Old 03-28-2007   #13
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
I think we got robbed. I'm agreeing with ESPN ... I think I might need to go get my head checked.
Old 03-28-2007   #14
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And yet if anybody tries to call them on it they get all upidty.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #15
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagents.html

Matt Schaub, RFA, Atlanta Falcons
The free agent quarterback class is light in 2007, but teams in true need of a field general may be highly interested in Schaub. He has an NFL arm and has shown flashes of possibly being a legitimate quality starting quarterback. It is likely that just a handful of teams would aggressively pursue Schaub, but if someone is willing to pay decent money and forfeit a draft pick for Schaub, he could be lured away from his spot behind Michael Vick. In the end, Schaubís chances of re-signing with the Falcons donít look good, as Schaub will likely pursue a bigger role in another offense. A handful of teams could look for their starter in Atlanta.

http://draftdaddy.com/prospects/freeagent.cfm#1

Has him listed as the top RFA...I feel he'd be 1 or 2 total, looking at both lists though.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9...3&rc=16&pid=10

Pos Pos
Rank Rating Name Type Yr Ht/Wt College 2006 Team Signed Team
QB 1 Matt Schaub RFA 3 6-5/237 Virginia Atlanta
QB 2 Jeff Garcia UFA 8 6-0/200 San Jose State Philadelphia Tampa Bay
QB 3 Damon Huard UFA 10 6-3/212 Washington Kansas City Kansas City

http://football.about.com/od/freeage...t_Rankings.htm

Quarterbacks
Matt Schaub is the cream of this year free agent QB class, but he's a restricted free agent. Jeff Garcia is the only other decent option unless someone better gets released.
Old 03-28-2007   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think that sums it up. For the past couple of years, everyone has been trying to pry Schaub out of the Falcons' hands and been talking about how great he's going to be. Then we trade what is effectively a late first round pick for him and it turns into the desperate act of a team doomed to failure. When he's with the Falcons, he's got unlimited potential; we get him, and now he's unproven.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
I think we got robbed. I'm agreeing with ESPN ... I think I might need to go get my head checked.
Thats it.... Change your avatar!!!!
Old 03-28-2007   #18
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It is funny how I see this and think of college recruiting, especially with rivals ... a player is a 3 star recruit until USC signs them and then all of a sudden turn into a 4 star recruit. If a 4 star recruit is signed by ND they are brought down to a 3 star.

I swear the sports God hates me.
Old 03-28-2007   #19
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBorn51 View Post
Can you hear that (snap)....that was by heart breaking for the nine hundrenth time....
Old 03-28-2007   #20
TexanBorn51
Veteran

That's what I thought thanks for the comfirmations Texan fans. You know that Oilers/Bills game was "a collapse" a sad one no doubt and yes I hear the snaps for the inths times. I can sense this feel that Jeffries disgust interview with the coaches last calls in the end of the 4th Qtr. He blatantly disagreed with Pardee and said that was it for the SuperB run. As far as the best offensive acquistion in the NFL this year, Schaub, how can one not disagree when compared to all the other offense signings and which one will most probably effect a valuable outcome. I can't think of one unless someone has one to vote into or at least close second. I guess time will tell and it's only less than six months from now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read