Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-27-2007   #1
Rightnow
Veteran

Smile An expectation of winning

I just heard an interview with Lance Berkman on 610 in which he said that the Texans have an expectation of winning. They expect and believe that they can win every game and are disappointed when they do not.

From hearing our new QB's interviews I believe that he might bring this same attitude. As much as Carr was respected in character, I do not think he brought an attitude of expecting to win.

I think Kubiak has this same expectation and if the Texans can get this attitude flowing throughout the clubhouse I see a bright future.

As fans I think we should take the same attitude. No doubt that the last few years have tested us, I know it has me, but I am determined to stay positive going into this year and support the team with a winning attitude.
Old 03-27-2007   #2
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Default Re: An expectation of winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightnow View Post
I just heard an interview with Lance Berkman on 610 in which he said that the Texans have an expectation of winning. They expect and believe that they can win every game and are disappointed when they do not.
...I could've sworn all 32 NFL teams had that expectation.
Old 03-27-2007   #3
autch14
Rookie

did you mean to say the astros?
autch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #4
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightnow View Post

From hearing our new QB's interviews I believe that he might bring this same attitude. As much as Carr was respected in character, I do not think he brought an attitude of expecting to win.

I think Kubiak has this same expectation and if the Texans can get this attitude flowing throughout the clubhouse I see a bright future.

As fans I think we should take the same attitude. No doubt that the last few years have tested us, I know it has me, but I am determined to stay positive going into this year and support the team with a winning attitude.
Thas right! I just put $5 in Vegas on the Texans to win the Superbowl.
100-1 ODDS! Come next February...I can wait to collect my $505!
Old 03-28-2007   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

It should always be the expectation. It should have been the expectation last year. They have all the players needed, all the stars necessary, to be play-off contenders.
Old 03-28-2007   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
All I can say is you have no idea who David Carr was. To bad you didn't watch him play, or I'm sorry to hear your blind.
I'm confused, where are you going with this ?
Old 03-28-2007   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
All I can say is you have no idea who David Carr was. To bad you didn't watch him play, or I'm sorry to hear your blind.
Carr was a fist waver and did not have the talent to execute and motivate in the NFL. This was obvious for those that did not have Carr goggles and even more obvious since his release.

You need someone to lead a small college in California or your flag football team, Carr is your guy.

Now that he has left you will see some leaders step up out of the shadow of Carr's contract and first pick status. The expectation of winning is here.
Old 03-28-2007   #8
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

I don't know about that...

I don't think he would do that well in flag football. You have to be able to throw it before five mississippi.

I bet he would do well as a PGA caddy though. You really have to know your lay and the grass in that game.
Old 03-28-2007   #9
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
I don't know about that...

I don't think he would do that well in flag football. You have to be able to throw it before five mississippi.

I bet he would do well as a PGA caddy though. You really have to know your lay and the grass in that game.
haha rep to you, I agree he would get sacked even in flag football. Dont know how that is possible in every down but im sure he would get it done. But I hope he goes to the Dolphins and gets reaquainted with Capers. They are ment for each other IMO.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #10
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

What does Lance Berkman know about the Texans?
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruuuuuuuz View Post
Thas right! I just put $5 in Vegas on the Texans to win the Superbowl.
100-1 ODDS! Come next February...I can wait to collect my $505!
Drinks on Cruuuuuuuuz!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read