Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-27-2007   #1
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat
Default Possible Sleepers

Post any sleepers you can think of.

Mine are Drew Tate QB Iowa, he is a pro style qb with huge potential, considered a first round pick prior to this year. Injured part of the season.

Garrett Wolfe RB Northern Illinois

Eldra Buckley RB UT-Chattanooga Suprise. Power Runner that shaved his forty from 4.8 to 4.48 in the course of a year.
Old 03-27-2007   #2
htownfoozball
Veteran

Default Re: Possible Sleepers

laurent robinson WR 6'2 200lbs 4.38 40yd

brad ekwerekwu WR 6'4 210lbs ran a 4.30 at his 2nd proday...insane at his size.

roderick rogers FS 6'1 190lbs

dedrick harrington LB 6'3 250lbs 4.7 40yd

dallas sartz LB 6'5 235lbs 4.7 40yd
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am making a list of about 40 guys not playing D1A that I think might be able to contribute to an nfl team. I am just waiting for the pro days to finish up, and I will put it on the new message boards as soon as I am done.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #4
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

DT Marcus Thomas..Florida
At the begginning of the season, him and Branch were expected to be the first two DTs picked in the draft. Unfortunantly, he made a mistake and got kicked off the football team. I read an article about how he went home to spend time with family/high school coaches. Being away from the game really opened his eyes and now he's out to prove doubters. Seems like he learned his lesson and he's projected to go in the 3rd. The guy is a sack machine and would help solidify our Dline.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #5
K.D.
Veteran

The wr from Lane College, i just can't remember his name to save @ss!!
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post

dallas sartz LB 6'5 235lbs 4.7 40yd
This is my guy as well.

OLB Durant from Hampton.

Justin Hickman UCLA

Kareem Brown DT Miami
Old 03-27-2007   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jay Moore Nebraska LB/DE

Baraka Atkins Miami DL

Franklin Dunbar, LT, Middle Tennessee State. Not in the draft, but my sleeper for next year....
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Nello Faulk, LT, FAU - physically reminds me of d'brickashaw ferguson. would fit well in the ZBS. looking to be the first ever FAU player drafted. very good 7th round pick. big-time leader throughout his career, on and off the field.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Miceal McFaddin. Jacob Ford...I expect a 3-4 team to snap up ford. I don't know if Quincy Black can be considered a sleeper any more. He had the best numbers of any LB in the combine. Whether or not that translates into a high day two pick we'll see.
Tennesse has a boat load of picks and if I was tramping for a guy to groom to replace Bullock...that would be my guy. Free agents...Chriss White the center for USC. I like the gaurd from So Miss. Not Baptise, but the other guy as a free agent also. We're loaded at gaurd. I doubt the Texans will take him.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-28-2007 at 01:07 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Jay Moore Nebraska LB/DE

Baraka Atkins Miami DL

Franklin Dunbar, LT, Middle Tennessee State. Not in the draft, but my sleeper for next year....

all good picks there Mexico. Jay Moore had a little more lead in his britches he'd be a perfect DE oposite Mario.
Old 03-27-2007   #11
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Gary Russell RB Minnesota
Old 03-28-2007   #12
WILLIEG
Veteran

My three sleepers are OLB, Quincy Black out of New Mexico: CB, Courtney Black out of Cal Poly: and WR, Steve Breaston out of Michigan.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIEG View Post
My three sleepers are OLB, Quincy Black out of New Mexico: CB, Courtney Black out of Cal Poly: and WR, Steve Breaston out of Michigan.
Croutney BROWN. Wouldn't mind seeing those two four and five. nice picks.
Old 03-28-2007   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Nello Faulk, LT, FAU - physically reminds me of d'brickashaw ferguson. would fit well in the ZBS. looking to be the first ever FAU player drafted. very good 7th round pick. big-time leader throughout his career, on and off the field.
I guess you really are the NFL draft expert I've some film of this guy & he does have the body & skill-set to develop into a solid NFL prospect. probably go in one of those supplemental picks so if the Texans want him would require using a 6th rd. pick. very tempting especially if they don't take Levi in the 1st or trade down to Staley.

Speaking of which if Miami takes Levi, Katz will be very happy

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

there aren't too many players that i would be upset with miami taking at #9. lots of good players in that area.
Old 03-28-2007   #16
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Do you think we would use a 7th on him?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #17
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
Gary Russell RB Minnesota
didn't he show up super fat and turtle slow to the combine? After he got booted from school he ate Twinkies and drank Big Red instead of staying in shape.
Old 03-28-2007   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Do you think we would use a 7th on him?
certainly. i think teams see enough potential to draft him, without a doubt.
Old 03-28-2007   #19
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Tony Ugoh, Ryan Harris, Rufus Alexander, Drew Stanton, Eric Weddle
Old 03-28-2007   #20
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
Tony Ugoh, Ryan Harris, Rufus Alexander, Drew Stanton, Eric Weddle
I would consider none of those guys to be sleepers.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read