Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-27-2007   #1
ProfessorX
Rookie

Cool Matt Schaub Break Out Season?

Hey guys, (long time reader-first time poster)

I see both the Texans and Matt Schaub having a break out season this year. I know it may seem like a raw deal for some, but I believe the Falcons just traded away the next Favre!

Schaub is a leader and exactly what our team needed this year. I think Matt will add an extra 600 yards to Johnson's stats this year over last years. I think our O-line is going to shock the hell out of every team in the league, and I beleive our defense is going to be an absolute beast this season (think late eighties Raiders "D"!)

Schaub's stats will beat Vick's on every level excluding rushing this year, mark my words. If we get AP in the draft we can safely say hello playoffs, and up yours to to all the Texan haters out there. NFL...prepare to be shocked by the Texans this season, and for all you Texan haters, let me hear you laugh when your favorite QB is slowly picking himself up off the ground after being slaughtered by Mario!
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #2
texans83
All Pro

Default Re: Matt Schaub Break Out Season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post

I see both the Texans and Matt Schaub having a break out season this year. I know it may seem like a raw deal for some, but I believe the Falcons just traded away the next Favre!

Schaub is a leader and exactly what our team needed this year. I think Matt will add an extra 600 yards to Johnson's stats this year over last years. I think our O-line is going to shock the hell out of every team in the league, and I beleive our defense is going to be an absolute beast this season (think late eighties Raiders "D"!)

Schaub's stats will beat Vick's on every level excluding rushing this year, mark my words. If we get AP in the draft we can safely say hello playoffs, and up yours to to all the Texan haters out there. NFL...prepare to be shocked by the Texans this season, and for all you Texan haters, let me hear you laugh when your favorite QB is slowly picking himself up off the ground after being slaughtered by Mario!
well then we will just have to wait and see although I hope you are right in everything you have just said.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll agree. I think we're going to see the best season of our franchise existence. We may not get 10 wins or so but I think we are going to see such an improved team it's going to amaze us..hopefully our record will be at .500 or better.

One thing I hadn't really considered is how Schaub and AJ are going to play together. Hopefully they click right away...but switching to a new QB is not just a given that you're going to be fine. I do think we'll be seeing Schaub and Johnson in pro bowls though. I think our o-line is getting better and if spencer comes back full strength we'll be looking pretty good.

i am so excited. I think our fans will at least be in every game and Carr won't be in the back of everyones head..if he did something bad..it seemed like it affected the fans moods the rest of the game.

I think this season Reliant stadium is going to get VERY loud.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #4
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:

I gotta give it to you guys! I am on board! Keep it positive!

Last edited by El Amigo Invisible; 05-10-2008 at 09:13 AM.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ka-Ching!
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #6
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Amigo Invisible View Post
I gotta give it to you guys! You are very positive in light that we have the worst FO in the world. I am on board! Keep it positive!
Fact or Opinion?

Wait...

Is this the VY thing again?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #7
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Fact or Opinion?

Wait...

Probably.
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2007   #8
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Amigo Invisible View Post
Probably.
Just checking.

Old 03-27-2007   #9
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I think he will look something like carson palmer
Old 03-27-2007   #10
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
I was hoping for Steve Young but Carson would be very nice.
Old 03-27-2007   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
Minus the cannon arm......
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #12
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Minus the cannon arm......
Does he have a cannon like Carson?
Old 03-27-2007   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Carson Palmer is to Peyton Manning what
Matt Schaub is to Tom Brady........thats who I compare him too.
Old 03-27-2007   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Think about it Tom Brady and Matt Schaub almost have the same story.

Both are QBs everybody passed on, because they were questioned about their arm strength and athleticism and both had to sit behind Franchise QBs waiting to get their shot. Both are considered leaders, and the things I heard about Schaub is that he's very intelligent, throws a nice accurate pass, and is very competitive........who does that sound like.

Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning are the same QB, Carson just hasn't mastered the audibles like Manning has yet.
Old 03-27-2007   #15
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Fact or Opinion?

Wait...

thats what i was thinking
Old 03-27-2007   #16
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Talking Re: Matt Schaub Break Out Season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
thats what i was thinking
I am starting to develop a sixth sense.
Old 03-27-2007   #17
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:
I am starting to develop a sixth sense.
Here we go again..........
Old 03-28-2007   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 358082 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't deserve its own thread, but just saw an interesting observation by a commentator. Matt Schaub had his 1st 3 TD game in his 2nd NFL start. Mike Vick didn't have his 1st 3 TD game until his 6th year in the league.

Since it will inevitably be brought up--Carr had his 1st (one of 3 total) in his 33rd start.
Old 03-28-2007   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Doesn't deserve its own thread, but just saw an interesting observation by a commentator. Matt Schaub had his 1st 3 TD game in his 2nd NFL start. Mike Vick didn't have his 1st 3 TD game until his 6th year in the league.

Since it will inevitably be brought up--Carr had his 1st (one of 3 total) in his 33rd start.
That with much worse receivers than us. Yes Bradford was capable of catching more than those guys.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #20
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

Come on cak, it's the end of days here on the old MB... everything deserves it's own thread...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read