Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-27-2007   #1
jdm12
Rookie

Default David Carr ...

A co-worker said he heard on the radio (SR610) that David Carr was considering retirement. I would say it was sometime between 5:30 p.m and 7 p.m. yesterday evening.

At this point I am assuming that who ever said it was clearly speculating. reporting a rumor, listing avaliable options, or my co-worker just misunderstood the conversation. At any rate I have not seen or heard anything regarding this.

Don't shoot the messenger hear. This is complete hear-say and I am just trying to see if anyone heard it. Or, if there is any truth to it.

Hulk, if you are still out there feel free to chime in.

J
jdm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #2
texans83
All Pro

Default Re: David Carr ...

wow I didnt hear that if it was said. Last I heard the dolphins were interested in him.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #3
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

wouldnt surprise me at all....no one wants him and football isnt important to him anyway....whatever, please move this out of Bullpen...he isnt our problem anymore

he stole McNairs money and now can retire in peace and begin his career as a male model...
Old 03-27-2007   #4
jdm12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
wow I didnt hear that if it was said. Last I heard the dolphins were interested in him.

Same here. When he brought it up to me this morning I was obviously in disbelief. I have searched the net high and low and how found nothing. So I decided to post it here.

J
Old 03-27-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hulk posted about an hour ago talking about Carolina.. In fact he has changed his avatar already...

Go to post #35
http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...t=37188&page=2
Old 03-27-2007   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Pure speculation based upon rumors going around that he's not really interested in playing football. And those rumors originate from the ones who have always questioned if his heart was really in it.

Typical trickle down from the boards, to the blogs, to the radio, and eventually to the media.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #7
jdm12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hulk posted about an hour ago talking about Carolina.. In fact he has changed his avatar already...

Go to post #35

Good to see retirement was not on that list. I really hope David does well, where ever he goes. Except of course when he plays us.

J

PS. Mods, feel free to kill this thread if you want. I did not see the post previously mentioned.
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2007   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Go to post #35

Heck I have been saying Carolina for weeks. I thought they would have been a trade down partner for him when he was still our property. They have a starting QB who has been banged up, got rid of the losingest back-up ever and have no one else worth a crud. I still don't see him playing as a starter but they need help.
Old 03-27-2007   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If he retires, then he's dumber than I thought. The kid needs to swallow that pride, and take a back-up contract with GreenBay..... I heard they were interested. Watch the man play for a year, then play his but off, and earn the starting job in '08.

Or Go to KC... there's a good chance that he'll get to play if Huard(old as hell) can't play as well as he did last year, & their rookie isn't as ready as they'd like.

As long as he doesn't go to Oakland, he should be ok.... he shouldn't just retire, unless he just doesn't like the game anymore.
Old 03-27-2007   #10
texans83
All Pro

wow he did, you know im giong to miss that guy, he did put in some good things regarding his bro. Anyways I hope the best for him and david
Old 03-27-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually Frog, I do remember you mentioning Carolina.. Some people questioned you because they thought Jake Delhomme was "all that".. After thinking about it, it makes sense. Carr needs to sit the bench for a while and Jake Delhomme doesn't have a whole lot of mileage left...
Old 03-27-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If he retires, then he's dumber than I thought. The kid needs to swallow that pride, and take a back-up contract with GreenBay..... I heard they were interested. Watch the man play for a year, then play his but off, and earn the starting job in '08.

Or Go to KC... there's a good chance that he'll get to play if Huard(old as hell) can't play as well as he did last year, & their rookie isn't as ready as they'd like.

As long as he doesn't go to Oakland, he should be ok.... he shouldn't just retire, unless he just doesn't like the game anymore.
Both of those make sense as well, being similar situations.
Old 03-27-2007   #13
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTreadOnMe View Post
he should retire.... maybe he finally sat down and watched some of his game film... and realized he is not an nfl qb. david.... just retire, have fun with your millions of dollars and your mediocre looking wife!!
what the hell is wrong with you?
Old 03-27-2007   #14
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Peter King said the same thing, about Carr hanging them up, in his last article.

LINK: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...26/0326/4.html

Quote:
And you know what wouldn't surprise me? If Carr didn't play football again. Not saying that will happen, but I am saying the thought has crossed Carr's mind
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #15
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1291 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
he should retire.... maybe he finally sat down and watched some of his game film... and realized he is not an nfl qb. david.... just retire, have fun with your millions of dollars and your mediocre looking wife!!
DTOM- pls be nice! Just cuz he makes more money then both of us combined in a lifetime doesn't make him less human. You don't have to take a real cheap shot about his wife, just make fun of him!
Old 03-27-2007   #16
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Peter King said the same thing, about Carr hanging them up, in his last article.

LINK: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...26/0326/4.html
I wonder if that is the source of the retirement talk, Peter King's musings.

I think Carr could do well in Carolina. They have plenty of talent and the media glare would not be as bright as in Oakland. I cannot even imagine David wearing another jersey. Man I wish it had worked out here.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #17
ItsAJtime
Rookie

I could see him retiring. Carr has made plenty of money, and he knows what is most important in life...Wife, Kids, Family, Friends, Health and most importantly God. So if he is as smart as I think he is, retirement should be a serious consideration.
ItsAJtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #18
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Where were you on the Sunday of week 17 in 2004 season?
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

No thunderkiss... the guy is truly heart broken. It was never about the money with him.,Never. He wanted to take this team to the super bowl. This team. He wanted to suceed here. It wasn't an act or TV sound bites. The guy is what he is...That just makes it all the sadder. The guy is loyal to a fault. No one else I know would of kept gettting up from those beatings he took for five years... So DC's not a winner. Well if that's the case...here's to the gloriuos losers. God Love 'em. And God Bless DC and his efforts here.
Old 03-27-2007   #20
CarolinaTexan
Rookie

how does anyone know if Hulk is full of ***** or not? i could get on here and make up phone calls and inside info if i wanted, anyone know if he is actually that close to carr?
p.s. funny how he said "dont screw this pick up" yet his avatar is Peppers. the irony.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read