Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-26-2007   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New Top Ten Mock- Da Bears!

1. Oakland- Jamarcus Russell QB
2. Atlanta- Calvin Johnson WR (ATl trades '07 #8, '07 2nd rd from Hou, '08 2nd rd from Hou)
3. Cleveland- Adrian Peterson RB
4. Tampa Bay- Joe Thomas LT
5. Arizona- Gaines Adams DE
6. Chicago- Brady Quinn QB (CHI trades Lance Briggs and #31 to WAS for #6 overall)
7. Minnesota- Jamaal Anderson DE
8. Detroit (from ATL)- Patrick Willis LB
9. Miami- Levi Brown LT
10. Houston- Laron Landry FS

I know it may be far fetched but check it.
-Chicago apparently is making the trade with Washington
-Atlanta basically trades Matt Schaub and 10th pick for Calvin Johnson.
-Oakland- I want to put CJ there but they still have no QB.
-Detroit loves Willis and would want more picks

RIP me a new one Guys!!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 03-26-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Switched Tampa and Arizona's picks, ATL's orig. 10th "part of trade"
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Top Ten Mock- Da Bears!

aside from the trades, i can't see the bucs passing joe thomas at ALL.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i had the bucs taking joe thomas and arizona taking gaines...but changed it right before i posted it. i'll change it back because that was my original thought....and want to put levi to arizona but gaines should be rated higher.

trades are staying though...lol
Old 03-26-2007   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Even if Johnson drops to them?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
2. Atlanta- Calvin Johnson WR (ATl trades '07 #8, '07 2nd rd from Hou, '08 2nd rd from Hou)

-Atlanta basically trades Matt Schaub for Calvin Johnson.
Atlanta would basically trade Schaub & the 10th pick for Calvin Johnson.
Old 03-26-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Atlanta would basically trade Schaub & the 10th pick for Calvin Johnson.
YAY! thanks for catching that. I knew something didn't add up right. I was like..wait a minute we coulda gotten CJ that easy? This makes me feel better.
Old 03-26-2007   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the Texans dealt for him, there was a rumor involving Detroit moving down to #10 for Matt Schaub. So, it makes sense that the Falcons could still interested, and maybe the Lions preferred picks to Schaub. Or maybe Schaub wouldn't work a deal with the Lions?
Old 03-26-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Even if Johnson drops to them?
i meant in this scenario. if it's between johnson and thomas, they take johnson.
Old 03-26-2007   #9
texman8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
1. Oakland- Jamarcus Russell QB
3. Cleveland- Adrian Peterson RB
4. Tampa Bay- Joe Thomas LT
5. Arizona- Gaines Adams DE
6. Chicago- Brady Quinn QB (CHI trades Lance Briggs and #31 to WAS for #6 overall)
7. Minnesota- Jamaal Anderson DE
8. Detroit (from ATL)- Patrick Willis LB
9. Miami- Levi Brown LT
10. Houston- Laron Landry FS

I know it may be far fetched but check it.
-Chicago apparently is making the trade with Washington
-Atlanta basically trades Matt Schaub and 10th pick for Calvin Johnson.
-Oakland- I want to put CJ there but they still have no QB.
-Detroit loves Willis and would want more picks

RIP me a new one Guys!!
Chicago is not a done deal yet....heard it from Jay Glazer on JT "the Brick" radio show on 790 am. Guess it's not tampering if Synder is talking with Briggs and agent?

IMO, I'm still thinking Browns will go for Quinn at #3.

Bears draft Okoye

Lions draft AD.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure there's no doubt that Oakland will draft Calvin Johnson.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well from my tree it looks ok Old Miss. Going to be some move around in this draft. I think the major difference in this draft and last draft...people are looking at the overall speed on the boards and figuring they can make up players, sore spots, later in the draft. Therefore this draft....they'll take more chances. I saw some opinions that the guys learning to run faster is pushing the forty times down. That may be the case, just with my new man love guy Quincy Black, the numbers may or may not indicate football speed. I think the numbers the players are putting up though will make the clubs braver this draft.

Won't argue Laron anymore...just to say I think it's a major mistake. I've come to the veiw this thing is going to have to fall around our ears untill they get off the thrity something fixes.

There's that no tallent Levi Brown again sneaking into the top ten.
Old 03-26-2007   #12
shanden
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 shanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballotshanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

That's the real question.

If CJ is taken at #1, then who would move up to take either Quinn or Thomas, with a detroit trade at #2 (I just do not see Detroit staying at #2)?

Arizona probably? Unless Atlanta really needs Joe Thomas over Brown I can't see them trading up to #2.
shanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #13
Janus3
Veteran

it'd be such a same to see calvin johnson's talent go to waste in atlanta.
Old 03-27-2007   #14
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman8 View Post
Chicago is not a done deal yet....heard it from Jay Glazer on JT "the Brick" radio show on 790 am. Guess it's not tampering if Synder is talking with Briggs and agent?

IMO, I'm still thinking Browns will go for Quinn at #3.

Bears draft Okoye

Lions draft AD.
I'm pretty sure Briggs is still an FA (even if he's under the franchise tag) so he's fair game for anyone to talk to.

In this case, it's probably in Chicago's interests to have Briggs talk contract with potential trade suitors anyway since that will pave the way for the trade.
Old 03-27-2007   #15
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

if chicago moves up its for Quinn. Rex is...well, a Wreck. He's like Carr but has so much talent around him he's able to succeed.
Old 03-27-2007   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
if chicago moves up its for Quinn. Rex is...well, a Wreck. He's like Carr but has so much talent around him he's able to succeed.
Ya know I know this is the party line and all in Chicago, but I'm not so sure how true it is. I mean the guy basically has been hurt for a couple of years now. He's just getting into, game wise, his sophmore season. Just think it's a bit of a quick trigger is all. I'm giving him another go untill I start to put the b word on him.
Old 03-28-2007   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

the fact that grossman managed to start in the super bowl tells me that the bears aren't going to give up on him yet. he's still young, and i bet they want to get another full season under his belt.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read