Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-26-2007   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default First Scheduling Announced

Quote:
PHOENIX — Not surprisingly, the Texans will not be involved in the opening weekend of nationally televised games or the Thanksgiving tripleheader.

Although they made a four-game improvement last season, the Texans weren't on the list of games announced by the NFL on Monday.

The first game of the season will be on Thursday, Sept. 6 when defending Super Bowl-champion Indianapolis hosts New Orelans in prime time.

On Sunday, the nationally televised games will be Chicago at San Diego and the New York Giants at Dallas.

The first Monday night doubleheader features Baltimore at Cincinnati and Arizona at San Francisco.

The Thanksgiving tripleheader will be Green Bay at Detroit, the New York Jets at Dallas and Indianapolis at Atlanta.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4663194.html
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #2
Texan_Aggie222
Rookie

Default Re: First Scheduling Announced

This schueduling doesn't knock my socks off, I think they could have done a little better. I like the Chargers-Bears matchup, but other than that, I can see Dallas-Giants twice a year and the Monday Night games do nothing for me. I also think Colts-Saints will be overhyped and a dissapointing game.
Texan_Aggie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I like Green Bay and Detroit on Thanksgiving, even though Detroit isnt all that great, it just feels like Thanksgiving
Old 03-26-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 103323 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Process of elimination

Answer: Colts, Saints, Chargers.

Question: Name 3 opponents the Texans won't play in the season opener.
Old 03-26-2007   #5
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Arizona at San Francisco for an opening Monday night game? That is horrible...
Old 03-27-2007   #6
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Good chance the Jets make my Turkey Day that much more satisfying by beating the Girls.
Old 03-27-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
why? matt leinart, alex smith, frank gore, vernon davis, larry fitzgerald, anquan boldin, edgerrin james, nate clements, and both are going to have two high pick rookies, too. lots of reasons to watch.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2007   #8
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1035 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
My guess is that they're going to schedule a primte time game for the two teams every year on the thinking that "one day these teams will pick it up and put on a good game."
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #9
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Aggie222 View Post
This schueduling doesn't knock my socks off, I think they could have done a little better. I like the Chargers-Bears matchup, but other than that, I can see Dallas-Giants twice a year and the Monday Night games do nothing for me. I also think Colts-Saints will be overhyped and a dissapointing game.

The two most explosive offenses in the game...what is there not to be excited about?

And I am also disappointed that year in and year out we have to watch the overhyped nfc east matchups during christmas and on thanksgiving.

Chargers Bears will be good, I am just not sure that the Bears will be the team they were this past year, all I have seen is them get weaker, but Tommie Harris will be back, and I believe if they had harris during the superbowl, we would all be talking about how peyton can't ever win the big one.
Old 03-27-2007   #10
Texan_Aggie222
Rookie

I'm not dissapointed at the Saints-Colts matchup, I just wish it was later in the season. Early season games never have the quality of games later in the season when games actually mean something going into the playoffs and teams are actullay playing at 100% in the middle of the season and not at the beginning of the season when they are still trying to work out the early season cinks.
Texan_Aggie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad the Texans aren't playing on Thanksgiving, that would mean one less football game to watch here in Austin.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read