Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-26-2007   #1
Janus3
Veteran

Default my mock

just did this for fun and to see reactions.

first off, i want the texans to trade out of the pick, ideally with gb. so i'll say gb gives a 2nd rounder this year and a 3rd next, as well as their first this year, needless to say, it's almost certain the texans will get gb's 2nd regardless of what they get next year.

16 Reggie Nelson S Florida
47 Marcus McCauley CB Fresno St
73 Tony Hunt RB Penn St
103 Paul Williams WR Fresno St
134 Ikaika Alama-Francis DE Hawaii
168 Daniel Sepulveda P Baylor
199 Mark Fenton C Colorado
Old 03-26-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: my mock

I could deal with that, i like it.

however i we wouldnt get a 3rd. If we got their 1st and 2nd..we might have to give them our 4th. unless they REALLY covet our #10.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #3
autch14
Rookie

i could see them giving us that if lynch is the only rb left
autch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #4
AtheGreat
Veteran

looks pretty decent. i'd use that 3rd on some OL help somewhere. i think we have a pretty weighed down backfield as it is. good mock though.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #5
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheGreat View Post
looks pretty decent. i'd use that 3rd on some OL help somewhere. i think we have a pretty weighed down backfield as it is. good mock though.
yeah i was debating whether to address the o line earlier or later. i felt the line as it stands is probably average and giving schaub a few weapons would help ease the burden. i think hunt could be a great rb for the texans as he's huge and can catch out of teh backfield. also a decent blocker. williams fighting for the #2 should also be helpful. that's the main reason i chose to pass on the oline in early. if the texans choose to take oline earlier i wouldn't be upset at all.
Old 03-26-2007   #6
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hunt looks like a day 2 guy. I'd rather take another 3rd rounder this year and 2nd rounder next year.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #7
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3 View Post
just did this for fun and to see reactions.

first off, i want the texans to trade out of the pick, ideally with gb. so i'll say gb gives a 2nd rounder this year and a 3rd next, as well as their first this year, needless to say, it's almost certain the texans will get gb's 2nd regardless of what they get next year.

16 Reggie Nelson S Florida
47 Marcus McCauley CB Fresno St
73 Tony Hunt RB Penn St
103 Paul Williams WR Fresno St
134 Ikaika Alama-Francis DE Hawaii
168 Daniel Sepulveda P Baylor
199 Mark Fenton C Colorado
We won't get their 2nd rounder unless we give up our 4th this year, or they are too desperate and need the pick (not likely IMO).

I do like the 1st two picks you have and would be happy with both, but I don't think we need or would draft a RB in the 3rd rd. The 3rd is where they might start looking at WR or OL. Williams is projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round, so if he's there in the 3rd take him. If not, get Jason Hill. As for OL in the 3rd they might go for Alleman (Guard) or Datish (Center).

Don't know much about the DE from Hawaii, but I'm thinking if they don't pick an OL in the 3rd then they will take Ryan Harris or Brandon Frye in the 4th.

Sepulveda in the 6th would be a great pick. Just hope he's there. Fenton in the 7th would be good too, but he's projected to go in the 6th. He could fall though.

All in all, a pretty good draft. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2007   #8
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
We won't get their 2nd rounder unless we give up our 4th this year, or they are too desperate and need the pick (not likely IMO).

I do like the 1st two picks you have and would be happy with both, but I don't think we need or would draft a RB in the 3rd rd. The 3rd is where they might start looking at WR or OL. Williams is projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round, so if he's there in the 3rd take him. If not, get Jason Hill. As for OL in the 3rd they might go for Alleman (Guard) or Datish (Center).

Don't know much about the DE from Hawaii, but I'm thinking if they don't pick an OL in the 3rd then they will take Ryan Harris or Brandon Frye in the 4th.

Sepulveda in the 6th would be a great pick. Just hope he's there. Fenton in the 7th would be good too, but he's projected to go in the 6th. He could fall though.

All in all, a pretty good draft. JMHO!
thanks and had no idea williams could go as high as 2nd, was hearing a late 3rd/early 4th. i love the kid so going early 3rd would not bother me at all.
Old 03-27-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Hunt looks like a day 2 guy. I'd rather take another 3rd rounder this year and 2nd rounder next year.
day 2? hunt could be gone by the second easily.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read