Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-26-2007   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I was wrong!!!

I just started this thread to admit that I was wrong about the franchise not getting compensation for Carr. After looking at all the evidence, I admit that it was a combination of Carr's lack of overall talent AND his intractabilty concerning renogotiations to his contract that led to this event. I applaud both Kubiak and Smith for doing what was necessary to correct this mistake. That took great big balls and that's not something you find everday, especially in their respective positions. Go Matt Schaub and, most importantly, GO TEXANS!!!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: I was wrong!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
... That took great big balls and that's not something you find everday,...
Yeah, I tend to not look for that.

Just messing Doc, glad to see you're starting to come around and getting stoked for the changes and upcoming season. Agree, glad to see this FO and coaches are not like the previous staff.

Bob McNair must be so proud to finally see his toddler franchise starting to run well vs. stumble along, unsure of it's steps.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ View Post
Yeah, I tend to not look for that.

Just messing Doc, glad to see you're starting to come around and getting stoked for the changes and upcoming season. Agree, glad to see this FO and coaches are not like the previous staff.

Bob McNair must be so proud to finally see his toddler franchise starting to run well vs. stumble along, unsure of it's steps.
WITH BALLS THAT BIG, YA CAN'T MISS 'EM!!!!
Old 03-26-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe now that means we'll try to get down the field and score during a 2-minute drill!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Maybe now that means we'll try to get down the field and score during a 2-minute drill!
I understand each word individually but when you put them all together, it just doesn't compute. Two, minute, drill?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I just started this thread to admit that I was wrong about the franchise not getting compensation for Carr. After looking at all the evidence, I admit that it was a combination of Carr's lack of overall talent AND his intractabilty concerning renogotiations to his contract that led to this event. I applaud both Kubiak and Smith for doing what was necessary to correct this mistake. That took great big balls and that's not something you find everday, especially in their respective positions. Go Matt Schaub and, most importantly, GO TEXANS!!!!
I figured that a guy who had a "Die With Your Boots On" avatar might take a little longer to come around than the rest of us did.

I think that I'll get a "Wasted Years" avatar.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #7
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I understand each word individually but when you put them all together, it just doesn't compute. Two, minute, drill?
I know what the 2 minute drill is.... I got this one...

A man and his wife walked into a dentist's office.

The man said to the dentist, "Doc, I'm in one heck of a hurry! I have two
buddies sitting out in my car waiting for us to go watch the Texans play the Titans...

So forget about the anesthetic and just pull the tooth and be done with
it. We have a 12:00 PM kick-off time with the best seats in town and it's
11:30 already. I don't have time to wait for the anesthetic to work!"

The dentist thought to himself, "My goodness, this is surely a very brave
man asking to have his tooth pulled without using anything to kill the
pain." So the dentist asked him, "Which tooth is it sir?"

The man turned to his wife and said, "Open your mouth Honey, and show
him."

Now that's a 2 minute drill.....
Old 03-26-2007   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
I figured that a guy who had a "Die With Your Boots On" avatar might take a little longer to come around than the rest of us did.

I think that I'll get a "Wasted Years" avatar.
I never said " Die Stupid"!!!! Gotta own up when you're wrong.
Old 03-27-2007   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post

buddies sitting out in my car waiting for us to go watch the Texans play the Titans...

him."

Very nice! lol!
Old 03-27-2007   #10
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post

him."

thank you, that made my day!!
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read