Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What would you do if David Carr plays in Reliant against us?
Boo him 37 28.46%
Cheer for him 51 39.23%
Mutter your opinion to your neighbor 42 32.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2007   #1
jvaldez1984
Rookie

Default What would you do if...

David Carr gets a starting job somewhere else, and plays us in Reliant Stadium? Do you boo him, cheer for him, or stand in silence? I would cheer for him. Im happy with our new QB but i wish DC the best. I hope he can prove to the DC haters of the world that his problems here were not all is fault.
jvaldez1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #2
wwffan99tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 wwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotwwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: What would you do if...

Boo him. He isn't a Texan so he must hear the boo's
wwffan99tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #3
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

If you cheer for him while he is playing us you would be cheering against the Texans. Now I think the ? should be would you cheer for him when he plays every team besides the Texans.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #4
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I will cheer when we sack and intercept him.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #5
jvaldez1984
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL View Post
If you cheer for him while he is playing us you would be cheering against the Texans. Now I think the ? should be would you cheer for him when he plays every team besides the Texans.
i wouldnt be cheering for him during the game. im a texan fan to heart but i would give him a hand during the player intro's. and yes i would cheer for him when he plays other teams. i hope he proves all his nah sayers wrong.
jvaldez1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaldez1984 View Post
David Carr gets a starting job somewhere else, and plays us in Reliant Stadium? Do you boo him, cheer for him, or stand in silence? I would cheer for him. Im happy with our new QB but i wish DC the best. I hope he can prove to the DC haters of the world that his problems here were not all is fault.
If he gets a starting gig somewhere else, I'm not going to boo him. But I'm not going to cheer him when he's playing us. When he's playing other people, whether I cheer him or not will probably depend on who he's playing for and who he's playing against.

If he's on the Jags or the Titans, I'm not cheering him. Period.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #7
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

I would get his autograph and a lock of his hair.

Then sell it on Ebay to get 10,000 times my ticket price back from the legions of diehard Carr fanatics.

Win Win situation.
Old 03-26-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Mutter to my neighbor.

I love football and I love the Texans so I of course wouldn't cheer for him. I want Carr to succeed where ever he goes to play, except against the texans...i hope we win every game of course. I also wouldn't boo him because i think it's kind of classless, I wouldn't boo any player unless they committed a personal foul or something against one of our players, the refs, coaches, fans, cheerleaders..anybody. He knows many people dislike him in houston and he doesn't need me reiterating that.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #9
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwffan99tx View Post
Boo him. He isn't a Texan so he must hear the boo's

I think he heard plenty of boos while he WAS a Texan...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #10
aproberts03
Rookie

he isn't a texan anymore boo him...hes probably used to getting the boos anyway
aproberts03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #11
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post

Then sell it on Ebay to get 10,000 times my ticket price back from the legions of diehard Carr fanatics.

Win Win situation.
I want to know what Carr is going to do with the huge unfinished house that he was building before he was traded.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #12
shanden
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 shanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballotshanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I would hope he plays as well for his new team as he did for us while he was here.
shanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #13
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

This one is easy.

You boo him.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

*caviat - if he gets slobberknocked but gets right back up, a brief standing 'O'
followed by more boos.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad View Post
This one is easy.

You boo him.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

*caviat - if he gets slobberknocked but gets right back up, a brief standing 'O'
followed by more boos.
and we'll still blame OUR o-line !!!! lol
Old 03-26-2007   #15
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL View Post
how about, would you cheer him if his team was in the SB when they played in Reliant?
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #16
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post

Win Win situation.

I doubt you could get 200k for it.. Matter of fact I know you couldn't get that much..
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #17
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If he gets a starting gig somewhere else, I'm not going to boo him. But I'm not going to cheer him when he's playing us. When he's playing other people, whether I cheer him or not will probably depend on who he's playing for and who he's playing against.

If he's on the Jags or the Titans, I'm not cheering him. Period.

Good. There were "fans" last year who cheered for VY.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #18
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
I want to know what Carr is going to do with the huge unfinished house that he was building before he was traded.

Really? You can't figure it out?
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher View Post
Good. There were "fans" last year who cheered for VY.
let's no make this into another vy debate..but if you like VY...What's wrong with cheering for him except when he plays the texans. Just because you dont boo someone doesnt mean you want them to win. he specifically said i'm not going to cheer for him when he plays for the texans. I don't want the guy to have a horrible career and why anybody would is beyond me..thats more than hating on the guy..
Old 03-26-2007   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll act like a human being (in the good sense of the term) and have some class.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read