Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-26-2007   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default I dont understand you people

Kub and Rick have done awesome this year making us really active in FA. But all the post i am seeing are like this.

We overpaid for Schaub.
We have had a horrible 5 years under Carr.
Kub and Rick are putting thier Careers on the line with the price we paid.
Kub dropped the ball last year with extending Carr.
We didnt draft Bush.
We didnt draft Vince.
Look at how horrible we drafted for the last 5 years.
We dropped Carr and Dom Williams with no comp.
We are out a second round pick next year.
The Babin deal
The P-Buc deal
etc.....

My Gawd. We have for the FIRST time a coach and GM who are only in thier first year at GM for Rick Smith and second year coach, and next they will know, they will be blamed for crime around houston. We have a HUGE amount of people here that have 'cangetover' condition, and might really need to see help about it. Why are we banging Kub for the Babin deal, or P-Buc deal, or how bad the draft was before he was here. Let me help. I will run these down for you so you will know and you can get on with being happy for the texans.

We overpaid for Schaub.
- No, we didnt. Experience (even though slightly) QB, most highly sought by ALL teams before the beginning of season. Ranked above all FA this year. Young, and most chance of winning we have had. 2nd this year is just like we drafted him, 2nd next year is all we lost. In addition, we got a WCO player since we run a WCO.

And old news. He is gone. Give a good cry and move on.

They are credited for TRYING to make this team better. If you want to fire them for taking a chance, then go ahead. Personally, I would wait till Schaub actually plays a down for us, before I start making threats for Kubs and Rick.

Sigh, Kub was trying to save the golden boy because of his QB coaching experience. He saw that he wasnt improving to the degree and decided we would win faster with someone without so much baggage.

We didnt draft Bush.
Yes, bush is awesome. But so is that arrogance to. There was no way he thought we would draft someone else and would have held out for big bucks. He had credibility issue, character issues, and they were to much for the Texans. Many other reasons, but you all heard them before. Move on.

We didnt draft Vince.
Many at the time of last years draft didnt think Vince was even possible of drafting because of him being to much of a unknown if he were to make the transition. Hind sight is 20 20. So how many teams passed on Ryans.. ahhh all 32, seeeeeeeeee.

Last year, we pick more starters then any year before. Why are we yelling about the other 4 years, because those doing the picking arent here anymore. If you want to complain about this, do it about last years picks.

They had little value with the high priced contracts they had, and teams knew we needed to dump him this year. Plus it helped our cap most by dumping them. Personally, I would want Rick and Kub concertrating on other deals then working a month trying to secure something he probably wouldnt get anything above a 4th for. Waste of time and effort.

Second rounder is hopefully, going to be around the middle or further down next year, so this doesnt bite too bad. However, we paid a cheaper price then what could have happen for Schaub, so be thankful we have good GM like Rick to get a decent deal.

The Babin deal
Rick and Kub wasnt here for this, why are we talking about this again, move on.

The P-Buc deal

Kub and Rick have made solid moves without murdering the Cap, and are greatly improving this team. Show some faith people. We are looking at awesome cap space next year, we have made 5 SOLID moves in FA this year, and that is before the draft. Why cant you be happy for us?
Old 03-26-2007   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I dont understand you people

I don't even have to read this one completely thru for me to agree with it..... I have been confused with alot of the posts myself.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #3
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
Kub and Rick have done awesome this year making us really active in FA. But all the post i am seeing are like this.

We overpaid for Schaub.
We didnt draft Bush.
We didnt draft Vince.
The Babin deal
The P-Buc deal
etc.....

My Gawd. We have for the FIRST time a coach and GM who are only in thier first year at GM for Rick Smith and second year coach, and next they will know, they will be blamed for crime around houston. We have a HUGE amount of people here that have 'cangetover' condition, and might really need to see help about it. Why are we banging Kub for the Babin deal, or P-Buc deal, or how bad the draft was before he was here. Let me help. I will run these down for you so you will know and you can get on with being happy for the texans.

We overpaid for Schaub.
- No, we didnt. Experience (even though slightly) QB, most highly sought by ALL teams before the beginning of season. Ranked above all FA this year. Young, and most chance of winning we have had. 2nd this year is just like we drafted him, 2nd next year is all we lost. In addition, we got a WCO player since we run a WCO.

They are credited for TRYING to make this team better. If you want to fire them for taking a chance, then go ahead. Personally, I would wait till Schaub actually plays a down for us, before I start making threats for Kubs and Rick.

Sigh, Kub was trying to save the golden boy because of his QB coaching experience. He saw that he wasnt improving to the degree and decided we would win faster with someone without so much baggage.

We didnt draft Bush.
Yes, bush is awesome. But so is that arrogance to. There was no way he thought we would draft someone else and would have held out for big bucks. He had credibility issue, character issues, and they were to much for the Texans. Many other reasons, but you all heard them before. Move on.

We didnt draft Vince.
Many at the time of last years draft didnt think Vince was even possible of drafting because of him being to much of a unknown if he were to make the transition. Hind sight is 20 20. So how many teams passed on Ryans.. ahhh all 32, seeeeeeeeee.

Last year, we pick more starters then any year before. Why are we yelling about the other 4 years, because those doing the picking arent here anymore. If you want to complain about this, do it about last years picks.

They had little value with the high priced contracts they had, and teams knew we needed to dump him this year. Plus it helped our cap most by dumping them. Personally, I would want Rick and Kub concertrating on other deals then working a month trying to secure something he probably wouldnt get anything above a 4th for. Waste of time and effort.

Second rounder is hopefully, going to be around the middle or further down next year, so this doesnt bite too bad. However, we paid a cheaper price then what could have happen for Schaub, so be thankful we have good GM like Rick to get a decent deal.

The Babin deal

The P-Buc deal

Kub and Rick have made solid moves without murdering the Cap, and are greatly improving this team. Show some faith people. We are looking at awesome cap space next year, we have made 5 SOLID moves in FA this year, and that is before the draft. Why cant you be happy for us?
I can't say I'm in any of those camps, but this offseason is killing me. Can't wait until camp, preseason, then the regular season. Kinda want this draft to be over too, just so I can go on with my life until the summer.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #4
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

We overpaid for Schaub.
We didnt draft Bush.
We didnt draft Vince.
The Babin deal
The P-Buc deal
etc.....

We overpaid for Schaub.

We didnt draft Bush.

We didnt draft Vince.

The Babin deal

The P-Buc deal

I don't understand why people are complaining we gave up too much for schaub. Their were no proven Qb's this comming draft and the only thing that was worth a damn was Adrian Peterson, but we all know he is going to cleveland. I wanted Plummer, but then he made his retirement plans short. Some people wanted to draft Quinn....glad that didn't happen. I am saying we didn't give up too much in my opinion. This is a good choice and we will be saying in the future David who?????
Old 03-26-2007   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great post Dime and I agree 100%. I think that most people are just complainers by nature and it gives them something to talk about. I am very pleased at what they have done in the short amount of time they have been here. I am thankful that they cut the dead weight when they need to and make smart "football" decisions. All in all, I'm freakin' delighted about how things are going.

SHOCK AND AWE BABY......SHOCK AND AWE!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2007   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

We overpaid for Schaub. we wont really know until we see Schaub play.
We have had a horrible 5 years under Carr. correct.
Kub and Rick are putting thier Careers on the line with the price we paid. HC and GM careers are on the line every day
Kub dropped the ball last year with extending Carr. working with Carr was part and parcel of taking the Texans job. The decision was already made.
We didnt draft Bush. correct.
We didnt draft Vince. correct.
Look at how horrible we drafted for the last 5 years. yup, Casserley was horrible.
We dropped Carr and Dom Williams with no comp. there was no way we were getting anything for either of them due to their horrible contracts
We are out a second round pick next year. yes but we got a possible longterm solution at QB for 2 2nd Round picks. This allows us to keep our 1st Round pick in the Top10.
The Babin deal who didnt think that was a bad trade from Day One?
The P-Buc deal was happy about the deal until we cut errrr traded Glenn. PBuc as a nickel could have been nice behind Drob and Glenn
etc.....
i'm willing to give Kubs and RS some credit for not staying status quo another year. Locker room is much better now.
They only overpaid for Schaub if Scaub is a bust ala Carr. If he works out it was a steal and his contract is low risk as well.
Old 03-26-2007   #7
texans83
All Pro

I agree on everything you have said. Ive preached it to alot of my friends that dissagree with us. I think a bunch of people dont know what they are talking about and just feel like arguing with us. I dont know what they are whinning abot. Im sick and tired of listining to the VY thing, I just tell them move to Tenessee and druel over him there.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2007   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree 100%, I just wish certain people would shut up until the season starts because right now we are all talking out our butts until after the draft and spring training.
Old 03-26-2007   #9
Schaub_to AJ_YES!
Rookie

Easy dude. They criticism will disappear (just the way Carr has disappeared) when the wins start piling up. This season can't start fast enough.
Schaub_to AJ_YES! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #10
afcman
Veteran

Good post.

The VY "thing" bothers me because he's in our division. It wouldn't "hurt" as much if he was in the NFC.

BUT!!! That's the past now. And I'm SO pumped to get the next season started.
Old 03-26-2007   #11
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Only time will tell, if this whole thing pans out for the Texans, since last year was a draft of a lifetime........time will tell if the Texans and Rick smith played thier cards right, this off season......
Old 03-26-2007   #12
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
I agree on everything you have said. Ive preached it to alot of my friends that dissagree with us. I think a bunch of people dont know what they are talking about and just feel like arguing with us. I dont know what they are whinning abot. Im sick and tired of listining to the VY thing, I just tell them move to Tenessee and druel over him there.
yeah i cant stand the 'if we needed a QB we should have drafted one last year' argument. last time I checked, time machines werent invented yet...
Old 03-26-2007   #13
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Dime, I guess some people just like . The world is full of whiners, complainers, and the ones who like to inflate their on ego and say "I told you so." They just don't know when to let it go. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #14
DontTreadOnMe
Rookie

i agree with most of what you had to say. but, you have to understand that people have different opinions, and they are/should be encouraged to share their ideas/views. if not, what is the purpose of this forum?
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #15
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTreadOnMe View Post
i agree with most of what you had to say. but, you have to understand that people have different opinions, and they are/should be encouraged to share their ideas/views. if not, what is the purpose of this forum?
I agree. But when you voice to over and over, AND some items are years old, you have to move on at some point, dont ya think?
Old 03-26-2007   #16
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 20 Wolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

Great Job Dime! I'm going to copy your post and email it to my brother. Perhaps that will open his eyes to the fact that life as a Texans Fan is much better without Reggie Bush on the team.

I think this off-season has been amazing. We have secured veteran leadership in key back up posititions, brought in a great blocking RB, re-signed some great players for us from last year, and have brought in a young QB that wants everyone to know that he is here to help this team win! Man I can't wait until the first game of the season.

Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #17
DontTreadOnMe
Rookie

Quote:
I agree. But when you voice to over and over, AND some items are years old, you have to move on at some point, dont ya think?
yeah for sure... but that separates what kind of fans certain posters are. some fans are dedicated & are able to do their own research and formulate their own opinions (and share them on this forum!!!)..... but some fans (the ones still on reggie, VY, etc..) are the ones that probably watch sportscenter at night, and thats it. because everytime i hear that stuff, it is a literal echo of espn's 'experts'. but all that matters is that were texans fans, and we ROCK!
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Trading for Schaub, Cutting Carr, and admitting our mistakes looks like we finally grew some balls that we so desperately needed.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #19
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 20 Wolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

What really gets me is that people don't want to see the forest for the trees. There are teams out there that had to wait 30 years before getting to the Superbowl. (Seahawks) And I don't see their fans running so darned hot and cold like the fans here.

As I told my brother, I'll be a Carr fan while he's playing for another team. But I think it was in the best interest of everyone to let him go. As for the Bush/VY debate, I keep hearing that Defense Wins Championships. How would these two guys fit into that formula?

I digress. I'm a Texans Fan first and foremost. I give the Front Office complete faith in their decision making. So far, this new staff has done one hell of a job finding talent as compared to the last staff.

Prepare to meet your DOOM!
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #20
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

some ppl are idiots. kubs and rick are the best

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read