Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-26-2007   #1
Xman
Veteran

Default Trade Scenario: 10 for 21, 21 for 30

It that time of year - trade scenario extreme - and here is another:

Denver, sitting at 21, is looking like they could use a stud LB - Willis and Timmons will be gone before they pick.
So, #10 for #21 and #56 (their 2nd) could work for them. The points are slightly in their favor but since we are looking to deal it is still good for us. (I would rather deal down with GB - but that has been discussed already)

We could sit tight at 21 (or 16 if we could deal with GB ) and take the BPA that slides, or try to deal down again. (it would be really sweet if we could deal to 16 then to 21)

Looking lower, San Diego jumps out as a team that has ONE big need - WR. #21 for #30 and #94: again this is slightly in SD's favor on the point chart - but again, it is not bad for us because of the players we could get at that spot - Griffin/Meriweather/Ross/Kalil/Beason/etc.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #2
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: Trade Scenario: 10 for 21, 21 for 30

Had the Al Wilson trade gone through I think we could've gottten a phone call on draft day seeing what we were asking to take for our Ten spot. Maybe he's still on the block i don't know or haven't heard anything.

GB might be wanting to leapfrog Buffalo for Lynch.

I am getting a bad feeling perhaps the guy i want, Brown, might not be on the board when we come up.
Old 03-26-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the guy i really want is laron landry. minnesota may take him but a WR may be real good for them and Jackson. I could see them taking a WR at 10 better than 7.

What if we trade our #10 and Cc Brown and maybe a 7th rd pick for their #7 if landry is still on board???!!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #4
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
What if we trade our #10 and Cc Brown and maybe a 7th rd pick for their #7 if landry is still on board???!!
ummm....

I don't see how or why they'd think that'd be enough value to justify the swap....
Old 03-26-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

there's a possibility both willis and timmons could be there at 21.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I think the Denver scenario is a lot more plausable than anything else. Carriker is guy who has a huge upside for a three four team or anyone who wishes to run a variation there of. He would be a guy that teams would covet and sacrifice for.
Old 03-26-2007   #7
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Well the guy i really want is laron landry. minnesota may take him but a WR may be real good for them and Jackson. I could see them taking a WR at 10 better than 7.

So what you are saying is you think C.C is worth a 3rd rd pick? If that is the case we should probably keep him because he is a good player, well according to this scenario anyway.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2007   #8
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
So what you are saying is you think C.C is worth a 3rd rd pick? If that is the case we should probably keep him because he is a good player, well according to this scenario anyway.
If this were Madden C.C Browns value would be an F.
Old 03-26-2007   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Do It ! Rather, do it on 4/28 if given the chance then.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
If this were Madden C.C Browns value would be an F.
you'd be surprised what trades you can make on madden, 3 players w/ an F grade that are 34 for a decent rookie w/ potential thats 22 years old.

With that said, I realize that was one of the more unrealistic and rediculous trades i've posted....i apologize. lol

I've talked to a few Eagles fans and a lot of them LOVE patrick willis..
Denver has been rumored to like Carriker a lot.
and if Jamaal Anderson drops to us he could be trade bait.
Marshawn lynch like some of you said because of buffalo/greenbay
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i really think carriker will go before anderson.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #12
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

From Footballsfuture.com's web blog:

"Bowe and Carriker hot, Palko and McCauley not
SI.com lists it's risers and sliders after two days of the Senior Bowl.

Risers of note include Adam Carriker and Dwayne Bowe.

Carriker impressed right out of the gate during the weigh-ins, measuring up at 6'6" 290 with an impressive build and huge reach. During practice he's been the top player on the field and impossible to stop. He has a great combination of power and speed."

You gatta like that.

Senior Bowl Blog

Also, here are the write-ups for each day of the Senior Bowl and Carriker gets mentioned each day (north side). Apparently, he has a nastry streak, which I like to see in a player.

Senior Bowl Write-ups

We seem to be set an DE with Weaver, Williams and Kalu. Granted the output wasn't what I thought it would be last year. I'd have to look long and hard at other position before taking Carriker, but I like what I'm reading thus far.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read