Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-26-2007   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Theismann canned by ESPN from MNF crew

NEW YORK (SI.com) -- Joe Theismann will not return as an analyst on "Monday Night Football" this season, according to reports from Newsday and The New York Times.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...val/index.html
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Theismann canned by ESPN from MNF crew

good riddance...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

YES! If they can ditch Kornheiser I'd be doubly thrilled. I like him in small doses...he can be funny, but dear god he talks like hes a moron
Old 03-26-2007   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
If they can ditch Kornheiser I'd be doubly thrilled.
You're kidding, right ? Kornheiser is the one who fired Theisman.
I dunno why people like TK on MNF, all he does is read jokes from a teleprompter and make really dumb observations about football ?
My wife knows more about football than Kornheiser.
Old 03-26-2007   #5
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

come on tony is the funny guy on MNF...theismann oh well...who are they bringing in to replace him?
Old 03-26-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

bring in jaws or vermeil.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #7
real

They're bringing in Jaworski(sp?)

And I actually like Tony....

I think he makes a lot of Jokes, but at the same time I think he's pretty knowledgable about the game...

It's not like Dennis Miller who was strictyl a comedian...and not that good of one IMO...

Tony actually knows a good deal about sports...
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

kornheiser is awful. not funny or knowledgable and has that ESPN-mindset of hype.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
They're bringing in Jaworski(sp?)

And I actually like Tony....

I think he makes a lot of Jokes, but at the same time I think he's pretty knowledgable about the game...

It's not like Dennis Miller who was strictyl a comedian...and not that good of one IMO...

Tony actually knows a good deal about sports...
Why the heck does he always ask stupid questions?..."Oh...so the object of the game is to throw the football foward, right?"...
Old 03-26-2007   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
come on tony is the funny guy on MNF
Dang, I said he tells jokes.
What do you want, comedy or football banter ?
People may not like Theisman, but unlike Kornheiser he knows something about football.
You want a funny guy, I say bring on Garry Shandling, there's a guy with a
very funny schtick.
Old 03-26-2007   #11
Sportsfan
All Pro

Great news. Now they just need to get rid of Kornheiser. I like him just not on MNF, he needs to focus on PTI, one of the best sports shows on tv.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #12
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Why the heck does he always ask stupid questions?..."Oh...so the object of the game is to throw the football foward, right?"...
I don't remember that specific question, but I understand what you're talking about...

But my answer to that would be: "to each his own"....I guess it just doesn't bother me as much as other people....I loved the way he gave Theisman such a hard time. I think those "stupid" questions were just a low key way of him taking shots at Theisman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Dang, I said he tells jokes.
What do you want, comedy or football banter ?
People may not like Theisman, but unlike Kornheiser he knows something about football.
You want a funny guy, I say bring on Garry Shandling, there's a guy with a
very funny schtick.

MNF has always been about entertainment and silliness in the booth...Atleast they didn't just stick a comedian in there and actually got someone with knowledge about sports...JMO

Last edited by real; 03-26-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-26-2007   #13
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't remember that specific question, but I understand what you're talking about...

But my answer to that would be: "to each his own"....I guess it just doesn't bother me as much as other people....I loved the way he gave Theisman such a hard. I think those "stupid" questions were just a low key way of him taking shots at Theisman...

Yeah, i guess...I just find him annoying....

I rather have Charles Barkley in the booth...now that would be entertaining...
Old 03-26-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kornhieser ask the so called stupid questions because Theisman is always saying some inconsequential comment about a play or a player. things regaurding what he could or should have done that is completely out of the realm of a possibility. Theismans job was to add color commentary not try and dominate the both and think he is the star of the game versus the players.

Even though he is a Notre Dame alumni but I am glad to see he got axed. He made a fool out of himself long enough.
Old 03-26-2007   #15
Rightnow
Veteran

Kornheiser is so bad I've stopped watching for a bit and turned on the radio.
Old 03-26-2007   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it would never happen, but every time that someone gets canned from MNF, I always hope that Jim Rome gets the job. He would do wonders for MNF's ratings. People would tune in just to see what he has to say.

A guy that knows sports and has a sense of humor.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

who's kornheiser gonna make fun of now?
Old 03-26-2007   #18
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Kornheiser's role is to ask the questions the person who doesn't know alot about football would ask. And Vinny beat me with the Bill Walton reference
Old 03-26-2007   #19
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
about time. Theisman was inconsistent and didn't do his homework, not to mention the fact that he would often say something dumb just to be contrary...I often found him saying things like, "when the ball gets wet it becomes easier to throw", when someone would comment that it may be a tough day for the QB's when it was raining.....his Bill Walton factor was off the scale.
Exactly.

IMO, they got rid of the right guy.
Old 03-26-2007   #20
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
about time. Theisman was inconsistent and didn't do his homework, not to mention the fact that he would often say something dumb just to be contrary...I often found him saying things like, "when the ball gets wet it becomes easier to throw", when someone would comment that it may be a tough day for the QB's when it was raining.....his Bill Walton factor was off the scale.
I like the Walton Comparison. My vote goes for Michael Smith, but with my luck they'd put Skip Bayless on there.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read