Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Who is your pick at 10?
Jamaal Anderson, DE- Arkansas 13 17.11%
Amobi Okoye, DT- Louisville 10 13.16%
Reggie Nelson, FS- Florida 18 23.68%
Leon Hall, CB- Michigan 16 21.05%
Other 19 25.00%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2007   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default #10 Overall- Who will we take?

Well we have solved or helped out a lot of positions during FA this year. There are a lot of positions we can rule out for our 1st pick. I feel the biggest needs on our team are FS, CB, DT, DE, OL, WR. Kubiak has said that this year if very deep in OL and WR, and I feel that our defense needs more help. I think we will select someone on Defense with our 1st pick so who's it going to be?

Please select you're player and post why you think it will or should be him. If you REALLY believe it should be another position player please post that. I'd like to see how most of us think.

Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye, Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall

I think these are the players in each position we have the best chance of getting. I think Gaines Adams and Laron Landry will be gone. Branch has dropped a lot in my book.

I also think it may be a good idea to trade down this year. However for this poll purposes please do not post other for trade down. We all know it's tough to find a partner. While we very well could trade down...Please assume we are staying at 10.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #2
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: #10 Overall- Who will we take?

Voted for Nelson. The dude is a ballhawk that we need and he can lay out a mean hit if need be. Anderson/Okoye + Mario would be sick. But, I just get the feeling Nelson would contribute more and immediately.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Leon Hall was my pick to put on the other side of Dunta.

This was a tough pick for me to tell you the truth.

My main guy is laron landry, he's gone though. i think secondary is our biggest weakness. I think we would have leon hall rated higher than reggie nelson...but that's just a guess. having dunta,hall, and then faggins would be a good 3 cb's to have out there on passing downs. No disrespect to nelson one bit but i think i'd take 2 stud CB's.

For me, the pick really came down to amobi okoye and leon hall. okoye would really be a good pick because we could get pressure from the dline like we want. i'm not impressed by our DT's. But since we have more time to build our team than 1 draft that's why i chose Hall who would be more of an upgrade than a cb in the 3rd/4th than one would be at another position (i think..but who knows). Truthfully i'd be happy with any of them
Old 03-26-2007   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

give me Nelson....he has Ed Reed written all over him...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #5
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i fully expect us to trade down...but between those guys jamaal anderson is the most talented and has the most promise IMO
Old 03-26-2007   #6
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked Jamaal Anderson. Having both Mario and Anderson would make us so much better, they both defend the run and can get 7+ sacks each. I don't think Anderson will be there at 10 though.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamaal Anderson
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2007   #8
MATRIX
Veteran

If our "Top" player isn't still their, we will trade the pick to get back our lost picks in the Schaub trade.

So, no telling who we would take.
1st- Amobi Okoye or OL

2nd-Ryan Kalil or a CB

2nd(via trade down) Robert Meachem

3rd-Darius Walker- let him add size and learn behind Green for 1-2yrs

3rd(via trade down) QB Drew Stanton- win win for US if Schaub fails, we have a QB in a year or 2. If Stanton is a backup, we have a backup and if Schaub is as good as many think and Stanton looks good by yr2 he could be legit trade bait.

4th-Eric Weddle or Michael Johnson

5th- TRICKY PICK could go OL as depth or looking for a gem, could go DL for same reasons.

6th- Justin Warren- Could be a ST player and added LB depth should we need it.

7th- Any OL that is around or fallen that can atleast ad depth.

Not sure how many would be their in 2nd but they all could be.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #9
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

I'm going to have to go with Nelson. Our secondary is the biggest weakness. He fills a HUGE need at FS, and he makes Faggins alot better at the #2 CB spot. Leon Hall is a close 2nd pick for me.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

FOR ALL THOSE VOTING OTHER....

Please inform us who...I would think Levi Brown, Marshawn Lynch, or maybe a WR???
Old 03-26-2007   #11
Janus3
Veteran

Nelson hands down. the kid is fast and a head banger. the defense isn't at the point where "average" players will be helped by their surroundings so take a playmaker. he will own the middle and stop a bunch of deep balls. once the d comes together nelson will likely be a pro bowler.
Old 03-26-2007   #12
whiskeyrbl

That was tough between Okoye, Nelson, and Hall. I went ahead and put Hall down, but could easily see Nelson picked. I still think we trade down to Buffalo at 12 or maybe somewhere in the 16 - 24 range.
Old 03-26-2007   #13
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I picked Jamaal Anderson. Having both Mario and Anderson would make us so much better, they both defend the run and can get 7+ sacks each. I don't think Anderson will be there at 10 though.
I agree! I hope he will there @ 10. If not- Levi Brown, Nelson, Okoye in not any particular order. I also like AP, but he will probably be gone! I hope they won't trade down for the sake of quantities, this team can't afford to be cute!
Old 03-26-2007   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i said anderson but it was really tough and id be happy with any of them
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #15
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Tough call, all solid prospects. A case could be be made for drafting any of these guys, but I went with Jamaal Anderson. We must get to the opposing QB with our front four.
Old 03-26-2007   #16
real

I went with Jamaal Anderson...

Not because I think that's who we should take, but I think that's who we would take if it came down to those options and we didn't trade down...

Personally I'd rather get a playmaker in the secondary with Reggie Nelson...But we can't trade down too far if we expect to grab him...
Old 03-26-2007   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

word is that jamaal anderson's stock has dropped a bit following his pro day. he didn't work out at the combine, so everything was hinging on that pro day.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #18
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

What kind of DE is Anderson? Is he a balanced or just pure pass-rusher? I've never seen him play...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #19
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

he's more of a pass rusher than he is a run stopper...think mike rucker when i see him play

the other reason i would take anderson with those guys listed is the fact that it would allow us to move weaver inside giving a us a three-man rotation at DT...with johnson, maddox, and weaver i think we'll have more success than with just johnson and maddox
Old 03-26-2007   #20
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I said Nelson for the poll, but wouldn't be opposed to Hall. The Safety class is probably deeper than the CB's, so maybe Hall would be a better choice.

I think help in the secondary is most important though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read