Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-25-2007   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default More Free Agents?

Well, now that we've traded away two picks and cleared cap space by cutting David and Dominick, I suspect a couple more somewhat significant free agent signings like:

Mike Doss
Joe Horn
Travis Taylor
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #2
MarcoMaterazzi

Default Re: More Free Agents?

Joe Horn has already signed with the Falcons, and Travis Taylor isnt a true #22 guy, but I would like Mike Doss, and if I'm not mistaken, we would be talking him from our rival Indy Colts
Old 03-25-2007   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Doss sign with Tampa and Horn with Atlanta?
Old 03-25-2007   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Didn't Doss sign with Tampa and Horn with Atlanta?
Cato June signed with Tampa.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #5
MarcoMaterazzi

I didnt know Doss signed with Tampa

edit: nevermind
Old 03-25-2007   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Cato June signed with Tampa.
Oops--that was it.
Old 03-25-2007   #7
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

i wouldn't mind mike doss
Old 03-25-2007   #8
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Well, now that we've traded away two picks and cleared cap space by cutting David and Dominick, I suspect a couple more somewhat significant free agent signings like:

Mike Doss
Joe Horn
Travis Taylor
I don't know for sure, but isn't that money being spent on Schaub and resigning Vonta Leach? I won't be happy until I know that Leach is signed for sure. We need him badly if this team is going to have a successful running game. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #9
Sportsfan
All Pro

Source??
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #10
aproberts03
Rookie

doss hasn't signed with anyone i don't think...he would be a great addition at safety
aproberts03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #11
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

mike doss from ohio state university is available still he's 5'10'' and is a solid strong safety...question is how many strong safeties do we need on this team?...he's still a young guy but he's not a true FS
Old 03-25-2007   #12
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
mike doss from ohio state university is available still he's 5'10'' and is a solid strong safety...question is how many strong safeties do we need on this team?...he's still a young guy but he's not a true FS
Great point. Many people keeping thinking that Strong and Free safeties are interchangeable. OBVIOUSLY they're not, ie Brown. We need a solid FREE safety. Don't get me wrong, if Doss could stay healthy he would be an improvement over Earl, but I don't think Earl's our problem. JMO
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #13
shanden
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 shanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballotshanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think we will get at least one more FA, but not till we know how much cap space is left after the draft and what holes are still left..
shanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
Great point. Many people keeping thinking that Strong and Free safeties are interchangeable. OBVIOUSLY they're not, ie Brown. We need a solid FREE safety. Don't get me wrong, if Doss could stay healthy he would be an improvement over Earl, but I don't think Earl's our problem. JMO
If Earl or Brown has a partner @ FS who has coverage skills then either is acceptable as a SS. unfortunately most of the safties that make it to FA are going to be in the box guys.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #15
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
If Earl or Brown has a partner @ FS who has coverage skills then either is acceptable as a SS. unfortunately most of the safties that make it to FA are going to be in the box guys.
I'm glad we didn't go after Hamlin. I don't think he'd be much of an upgrade over what we've already got.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Okoye at #10 and holding off on S until next season. If our line and pass rush improve, the play of our secondary will improve with it.
Old 03-25-2007   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Thankfully this draft has a couple Free Safety prospects that can step in and start for us. I think we can get a starter with either first day pick and I hope we choose to go that route
Old 03-25-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Thankfully this draft has a couple Free Safety prospects that can step in and start for us. I think we can get a starter with either first day pick and I hope we choose to go that route
You just start damaging a 1st round safety if you start him right away. With our defensive line and pass rush...he'll be running around like crazy back there trying to keep up. Okoye will help remedy this problem if he is selected say...#10!!
Old 03-25-2007   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we might be out the FA market until after the draft. See what we get in the draft then se who gets cut after June 1st.
Old 03-25-2007   #19
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point, it's likely that we wait for the draft to happen.
Old 03-25-2007   #20
Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan
Rookie

I think that we will wait until after the draft to sign anymore FA. Scouts.com has the following player rated as the top three at their positions.

CB-Asante Samuel/Patriots
Jason David/Colts
David Macklin/Cardinals

S-Gibril Wilson/Giants
Jordan Dabineaux/Seahawks
Terrence Kiel/Cardinals

WR-Antonio Bryant/49ers
Patrick Crayton/Cowboys
Ernest Wilford/Jaguars

Maybe a couple of these guys will be wearing Texans uniforms next year.
Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read