Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-25-2007   #1
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 52 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Oiler quarterbacks weigh in on Carr

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4659070.html
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #2
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Oiler quarterbacks weigh in on Carr

Yeah, I saw that earlier. Good stuff even from Oliver Luck!

Not so sure about Dan and his knocking of the sidearm. You see more passes knocked down because more passes are called short and underneath, as opposed to something longer on a 5 to 7 step drop.
Old 03-25-2007   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

A good read much like what has been said for the past __months/years on this board!

Old 03-25-2007   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm saddened that Carr didn't work out here. He'll always be one of my favorite Texans. I've been a fan since day one, and will continue to follow him no matter where he lands. I truly do hope he finds a team that'll work out for him.

But now we move forward. It's been along time coming. I'm very much encouraged that the team had the fortitude to do what needed to be done.

Enter Schaub stage left. Not only a bright future for him, but one for us Texans as well. Change has been needed for quite some time, and now the fresh air breathed into this team should propel us to the next stage...playoff contention and respectability.

Go Texans and Good Luck David!
Old 03-25-2007   #5
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

wow, they all said the same things I have been saying since Day One. i guess they must be 'carr haters' too. i guess i wasnt a 'hater' all along..maybe I was just smarter than you homers. it just speaks volumes on how ignorant the Carr homers were in regards to being objective in their opinions and observations. you lose.

oh and is anyone that surprised that Carr hasnt been picked up yet? i said it before, and I will say it again. the guy sucks as an NFL QB and the fact that he hasnt been signed yet just shows you how poorly he is viewed by anyone outside of the Carr family, outside of California, or those caught up in his image/faith.
dude was a bum and I can't wait to see him continue to prove me more and more right every day....good riddance

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 03-26-2007 at 12:58 AM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
I'm saddened that Carr didn't work out here. He'll always be one of my favorite Texans. I've been a fan since day one, and will continue to follow him no matter where he lands. I truly do hope he finds a team that'll work out for him.

But now we move forward. It's been along time coming. I'm very much encouraged that the team had the fortitude to do what needed to be done.

Enter Schaub stage left. Not only a bright future for him, but one for us Texans as well. Change has been needed for quite some time, and now the fresh air breathed into this team should propel us to the next stage...playoff contention and respectability.

Go Texans and Good Luck David!
something tells me that you only may be a little biased towards Carr....enjoy following his career in teh Arena League or Canada.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 03-26-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

This says it all ...

"It was Casserly, the Texans' personnel expert, who played the point in selling the Fresno State phenom as possibly another John Elway, Peyton Manning or Troy Aikman, fellow former No. 1 picks who have arrived at, or are headed to, the Hall of Fame."

Gawd I hate that guy.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2007   #8
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
This says it all ...

"It was Casserly, the Texans' personnel expert, who played the point in selling the Fresno State phenom as possibly another John Elway, Peyton Manning or Troy Aikman, fellow former No. 1 picks who have arrived at, or are headed to, the Hall of Fame."

Gawd I hate that guy.
Sometimes I wonder if he was planted by the other Owners to screw over our franchise for a few years. Maybe it was like freshmen hazing. The guy just made so many decisions that can be best described as "bonehead" that they couldn't all be on accident.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This says it all ...

Gawd I hate that guy.
[John Granato] WHO DOES'NT!! [/John Granato]
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

oye
Quote:
Further, those who observed Carr in social settings were occasionally surprised by his unworldly behavior. After following Carr for a few holes at a celebrity golf tournament, a prominent local doctor who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject said: "He acted like a teenager. It was hard for me to picture him in a huddle, trying to lead an NFL team."

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
oye
Is that pretty standard behavior for DC? And what does the guy mean...teenagerish in that he is joking around too much, or just acting somewhat immature as his personality?

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #12
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
oye
What's a bit strange is that paragraph is not in the original article (the version I read early Sunday morning in the paper version). I see the article was udpated Sunday afternoon ...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #13
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
Sometimes I wonder if he was planted by the other Owners to screw over our franchise for a few years. Maybe it was like freshmen hazing. The guy just made so many decisions that can be best described as "bonehead" that they couldn't all be on accident.
The problem was he was a good friend of McNairs. McNair knew nothing about how a team was run or made and gave Casserly free reign to do what he wanted, and McNair trusted him 100%.
Old 03-26-2007   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
The problem was he was a good friend of McNairs.
Are you sure about that?

I didn't think they knew each other before '00 or whenever he was hired, and McNair was basing his first GM hire on who was available (CC had just been fired by Snyder) and advice from other owners and football people.

Not saying you're wrong but I can't see where these two guys paths would have crossed before the hiring.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Again, good luck to Carr and his family but I read this article yesterday and just shook my head up and down. These guys said the same things alot of us have been saying all along. You get labeled a hater for saying them but it is just football. If you read what Minn's coach said and look at Moon and Pastorini, I think you get a clearer picture of the true persepctive out there. I think there are alot more out there that don't look at him as a "franchise" guy but just a QB with some skills. It will always come down, at least to me, as the franchise wanting a face for the franchise that was pure compared to someone who might have an edge to them.
Old 03-26-2007   #16
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Is that pretty standard behavior for DC? And what does the guy mean...teenagerish in that he is joking around too much, or just acting somewhat immature as his personality?

It means the young California guy wasn't acting as the old southern doctor thought he should.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #17
real

Quote:
I listened to David every Monday morning on 610...

He jokes and laughs about everything...

Even last year when they were showing the Texans training camp, David was joking around a lot..

I'm not against being light hearted and not taking everything so serious, but I think at times he went overboard.
Old 03-26-2007   #18
Schaub_to AJ_YES!
Rookie

Quote:
This says it all ...

Gawd I hate that guy.
Carr was like fools gold. If you were a prospector drilling for oil, and you saw some black goo bubbling up in Texas, when you drilled for oil, after spending a fortune to set up, you would find that you drilled thru a sewage line.
Schaub_to AJ_YES! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

lol at Dan Pastorinin critiquing anyone....

I loved Dante, but seriously, its not as though he ever "lit it up"
Old 03-26-2007   #20
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
lol at Dan Pastorinin critiquing anyone....

I loved Dante, but seriously, its not as though he ever "lit it up"

I was thinking the same thing.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read