Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-25-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ouch!FT Worth talking about Cowboys draft

http://www.topix.net/content/kri/239...23890360027300
Quote:
IRVING -- The Texans have draft problems that make Al Davis and his Raiders look well-managed.

So it seems somewhat gauche to question Owner Jones on any off-season decisions in light of recent developments in Houston. The Texans are the standard bearer of stupidity, passing up on Houston native and national championship-winning Longhorns QB Vince Young in the draft because they were committed to David Carr. Until they cut Carr on Friday, less than 11 months later.

They also passed on Reggie Bush for fear he had baggage, forgetting the NFL is like an airport. Everybody is carrying on something.

What Owner Jones has screwed up, on his worst day, pales in comparison. The Texans have made a strong push in the last year for 'Worst NFL Franchise' status.

So whatever you think of Owner Jones hiring Wade Phillips (I liked it) or GM Jerry signing Leonard Davis to a big-money deal (Isn't he supposed to be lazy?), everybody has to be thinking 'Better him than those Texans idiots pulling the trigger.'

But there is a cautionary tale in what has transpired in Houston.
Quote:
Of course, the Cowboys will probably draft a defensive front seven guy. They always do. But I shouldn't complain. It could be worse. The Texans' brain trust could be making the decision.
And the last thing the Cowboys need is this year's Mario Williams.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ouch!FT Worth talking about Cowboys draft

F the cowgirls...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

19-10
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"The Texans are the standard bearer of stupidity, passing up on Houston native and national championship-winning Longhorns QB Vince Young in the draft because they were committed to David Carr. Until they cut Carr on Friday, less than 11 months later."
Like Cosell used to say, they're just telling it like it is.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

At the bottom of the page you can post a comment.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We took the best defensive player in the draft IN THE 2ND ROUND, but we'll be stupid until we win. That's OK, because my theory is, "Humans are stupid," and I'm stickin' with it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #7
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

My question is, why do our own posters post this drivel on our board?

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2007   #8
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
My question is, why do our own posters post this drivel on our board?
I imagine there are about 10 or 20 closet Cowboys around ( not that there is anything wrong with that ).

http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/sp..._11496,00.html

I wouldn't bother with the comments... I would just call her if you got free minutes or send her an e-telegram.

Last edited by TwinSisters; 03-26-2007 at 02:52 AM.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #9
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Jennifer Engram is a joke. Her Little Ball of Hate show was boring. I switched to 1460 AM in Dallas when she was on.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
19-10
I'm not sure that makes much difference anymore after this years beat down.
Old 03-25-2007   #11
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
We won't hear the end of this till the Texans can start to beat teams more than they beat us.
That is exactly right. Winning cures a lot of things and thankfully we have an owner who is committed to trying to do just that.

I'm curious to see if the scrutiny the Texans experienced after this draft will be repeated by the sports media in years to come for other teams.
Old 03-25-2007   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We took the best defensive player in the draft IN THE 2ND ROUND, but we'll be stupid until we win. That's OK, because my theory is, "Humans are stupid," and I'm stickin' with it.
We took the best defensive player on the board, according to all the "scouts" & "experts" in Mario Williams.

Then took the best defensive player(DROY) in the second.

What I find funny, is that they keep bringing up Vince Young in an "I told you so" manner, when none of them thought we should have drafted Vince to begin with. But since Vince is proving all the doubters wrong(good job Vince), and David looked worse than 4 of the rookie QBs in '06(Vince, Lienart, Cutler, Gradkowski, Jackson, Thompson, etc..) they now act like they can't understand the decision.
Old 03-25-2007   #13
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't about Fort Worth, Cowboys, it's most people who aren't Texans preception. At a meeting I attended back in August, the guest speaker, who was an avid Sterlers fan and season ticket holder began his icebreaker comedy on the Texans, mind you in Houston.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #14
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I dont see anything wrong the article almost everything is true it just sucks when they remind us about our sad reality what could of been.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
19-10
That's the most pitiful comeback I've ever seen* and that's coming from a fellow Texans fan.

Did you somehow manage to miss the 34-6 whipping they put on us in 2006? That "19-10" is the most meaningless game the Texans will ever play. That's particularly true when you consider that there are maybe 10 Texans on the team today that were even present on that night and that every single thing about this franchise (short of the uniforms) that was going on in 2002 has been proven to be a mistake in the years since then.

*I should add that it's not like you're the only one using it so nothing personal. Lots of people toss up 19-10 like it means something today. Each and every one of them looks kind of pitiful when they do it.
Old 03-26-2007   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
I dont see anything wrong the article almost everything is true it just sucks when they remind us about our sad reality what could of been.
I did not know one season makes vy a HOF? I recall Vick having two good years, and then last year he did what? The Falcons did what?

Got to love closed minded people who think by looking back you can make a predicition about what should have been.

Actually the article is full of crap and so is little jenny.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read