Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-25-2007   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Schaub 2007 expectations

Ok, now that we have our QB of the future, what kind of season do you expect from him? I would like to see at least 20 TD passes from our new QB and of course, more wins.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #2
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub 2007 expectations

I expect him to struggle a bit out of the gate, then the team starts to "gel" and we start winning. I expect him to be capable of orchestrating a two-minute drill, never give up and pull off some come-from-behind wins.

If he manages to pull off the confidence he shows off the field, on the field, we are all going to be amazed at the results. The rest of the team will feed off his energy and confidence and we will look like a real NFL team for once.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #3
bulldogmaniac
waterboy

He will pass for more touchdowns than Vick will this year.
bulldogmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #4
whiskeyrbl

I think alot will be determined by our RB's ability to gain yards. If we can chop 6-16 yards here and there like Dayne was doin at the end of last year. Hold on to your arse, for some fireworks. If Schaub can read D's, find recievers, and is as accurate as publicized it will be fun to watch.
Old 03-25-2007   #5
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Ok, now that we have our QB of the future, what kind of season do you expect from him? I would like to see at least 20 TD passes from our new QB and of course, more wins.

I'd like to see him be given the time to stand up and make the throws.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #6
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogmaniac View Post

I think you're right.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #7
fshaw
Rookie

I want to see him step up and make a big play in the 4th quarter, with the game on the line. That is something Carr did not do last season. There were at least 2 games last season where we needed a late drive to hold a lead and had to give the game back to a worn down defense, because we could'nt make a big play when we needed to.
Old 03-25-2007   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

hopefully our coach will let them play a little longer in the preseason, than is customary for the starters. We need the extra reps together.

Either way, I think we'll take a "Philip Rivers" aproach at least the first two, maybe three weeks. Make sure the game isn't to fast for him, by leaning on the running game heavely... Just like with David, there will be plays drawn up for him to make something happen. if he passes the test, we'll see the 25 points per game that Kubiak's offense is designed to produce.

He's not going to be flashy, or put up gaudy Peyton Manning stats, but he's going to put enough pressure on opposing defenses that they have to worry about the passing game, on more than 2 snaps a game.
Old 03-25-2007   #9
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
hopefully our coach will let them play a little longer in the preseason, than is customary for the starters. We need the extra reps together.

Either way, I think we'll take a "Philip Rivers" aproach at least the first two, maybe three weeks. Make sure the game isn't to fast for him, by leaning on the running game heavely... Just like with David, there will be plays drawn up for him to make something happen. if he passes the test, we'll see the 25 points per game that Kubiak's offense is designed to produce.

He's not going to be flashy, or put up gaudy Peyton Manning stats, but he's going to put enough pressure on opposing defenses that they have to worry about the passing game, on more than 2 snaps a game.
That sounds like a pretty good approach to me.

My expectaion for Schaub in 2007?

Help the Offense not hurt it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #10
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guarantee he's going to have a better season than Carr.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #11
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
I guarantee he's going to have a better season than Carr.
I have no doubt about that.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #12
CarolinaTexan
Rookie

I think Schaub has a chip on his shoulder, and wants to explode and prove Atlanta they made a big mistake. He will dominate Vick in every category (except rushing) and win more games . jmo!
Old 03-25-2007   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll wait to see what the rest of our offense is going to look like until I predict how he'll do. If we're heading into the season with Kevin Walter as our #2 WR, I'm not going to have high expectations because AJ will just draw double coverage again.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub's attitude and presence is going to do wonders for our whole team. offense and defense. I think our overally team is better than it was last year (wr2 is a ?, but it's hard to tell if we're actually going to miss moulds or we're assuming we are)

schaub is more of a leader than david. I think the players on the team are going to respect him and listen to him. This is very important because then they will PLAY for him. He's going to make the offense work harder. I think the whole attitude of our team is changing and our defense is going to be pissed off everytime they are on the field (not at the offense like last year, but at the other team) They are going to play hard. We have better LB's, the same DL (except weaver's surgery : ( And I hope to address secondary with a starter from the first day of the draft.

The texans have a new attitude and it's a totally different team. they have a year under their built of switching schemes and will be more confident.

I expect schaub to have a good year. If we can go 8-8 I will be very happy. I'd love more but am realistic. If schaub can give us our first non losing season in franchise history, I think Houston is going to worship him. I don't think .500 is too far out of the question.

Attitude is everything and now our Team finally has some.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll just go on a limb and says he throws for 24 TDs, 15 INTs.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

No excuses. Wins are what counts. He has to be a leader on and off the field and chew nails for breakfast. He has to fight off those three defenders in his face within within 1.5 seconds, deal with it like a man, and throw touchdown passes. If receivers drop anything, that's his fault. He's the LEADER. If a player is injured, that's his fault too! If the cheerleaders are unhappy....his fault. Above all else, he has to measure up to comparisons, and....

win more than 2 games.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #17
shanden
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 shanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballotshanden is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Here are some of the differences I will be looking for with Schaub vs last year.

A much lower three-and-out percentage for drives in a game.

More touchdowns in the red zone (which means seeing less of Kris Brown too).

An actual two minute offense.
Some fourth quarter drives.

Increased time of possenssion in a game.

5 step, 7 step and shot gun plays. Audibles would be awsome.

Less predictable play calling. Last year was ridiculously easy on opposing defense since the Texans only used about half a dozen plays (it seems).

More recievers thrown to in a game. The ball thrown more then 20 yards to a team mate and spread around the field.

While overall touchdowns to int and passing yards are the easy numbers to look for... these areas above are a true signs of how close we are running Kubiak's offense the way he envisions it.
shanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mainly, I need to see more deep passes caught over the shoulder, close to the sideline--like some, or not none. Practically the only time Carr did that seemed about once a year. Seems like all (as if it were a lot) of Carr's deep passes were thrown down the middle and to a sideways running receiver, which is fine, but can he hit them over the shoulder at all?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #19
jvaldez1984
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogmaniac View Post
i have a bet going on this stat with my friend who was born and raised in atl.
jvaldez1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaTexan View Post
I think Schaub has a chip on his shoulder, and wants to explode and prove Atlanta they made a big mistake. He will dominate Vick in every category (except rushing) and win more games . jmo!
Can't wait till we play Atlanta.

Watching Mario & 'Meco taking out their aggression on Ron Mexico...........

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read