Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-24-2007   #1
autch14
Rookie

Default Plan for draft day

If we are on the clock and lynch is still there we call green bay and tell them that buffalo wants him. If they wanna give us their 1st and 2nd round picks we would let them have ours and they could select lynch. It might sound stupid but what do yall think?
autch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 28439 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plan for draft day

take it and run!!!!
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #3
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
take it and run!!!!
I second that.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i would definitly take it. and then pick bpa and mainly from whose left in Levi Brown, reggie nelson, leon hall, amobi okoye...

Meachem is slowly creeping up my list in a trade down scenario but do think we can get a decent #2 in the 3rd round.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by autch14 View Post
If we are on the clock and lynch is still there we call green bay and tell them that buffalo wants him. If they wanna give us their 1st and 2nd round picks we would let them have ours and they could select lynch. It might sound stupid but what do yall think?
I take it and I would draft either a CB or a #2 WR.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I take it and I would draft either a CB or a #2 WR.
draft a cb in 1st, wr in 2nd. works for me

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #7
Gamehorn25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
draft a cb in 1st, wr in 2nd. works for me
Aaron Ross in 1st, Sidney Rice in 2nd.
Old 03-25-2007   #8
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by autch14 View Post
I've thought this is one of the more relistic trade down rumors out there.
If it happens take it and run.
1st Okoye(DT),Hall(CB),Brown(OT),Landry(S)(dont see Brown or Landry here but if one slides down snag em')
2nd Meriweather(S),Rouse(S),Kalil(C),MaCauley(CB),or M Thomas(DT)
3rd WR
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i take it and choose reggie nelson with the first and sidney rice in the second and eric wright in the third

however say we're sitting at the 16th pick now and (this is gonna sound really funny) denver calls...offering the 21st pick and another 3rd rounder...do we take it...i probably will since i can still pick up a corner that would be a starter for me
Old 03-25-2007   #10
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
i take it and choose reggie nelson with the first and sidney rice in the second and eric wright in the third

however say we're sitting at the 16th pick now and (this is gonna sound really funny) denver calls...offering the 21st pick and another 3rd rounder...do we take it...i probably will since i can still pick up a corner that would be a starter for me
Yes need all the picks we can get and at 21 still get a upgrade at any position we chose and now we have our second back and 2 3rds I'd do the deal in a heart beat but then I'm not a GM for a reason, and I dont see Dev. calling trading down is hard to do, see last years draft for proof.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #11
baba ganoush
Veteran

Quote:

exactly what i would do
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #12
Dunta_23
All Pro

The further we would be sliding down...we are missing out the "elite" graded players are we are moving into the potential 2nd rounder zone....as long as we are picking up 2nd or 3rd rounders the plan is alright....but there is not much sense in moving down for like 4th or 5th rounders...If we made the initial deal....Id almost rather stay at 15 and get a Nelson than drop again to 21 and maybe miss out on him and a couple WR's and have to settle for a potential 2nd round kinda guy....basically what Im saying is...2-3 quaility guys are better than 1 quality guy and 4-5 mediocre guys
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #13
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

that would mean we move down to 16th though and Carolina will take nelson...so Leon Hall
Old 03-25-2007   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
that would mean we move down to 16th though and Carolina will take nelson...so Leon Hall
I don't think Carolina takes Nelson. I think with Atlanta moving up, he is off their radar, and they are intent now on Landry unless Minny snatches him. I think Nelson, if he gets by us, will fall to Jacksonville and wreck shop for them.
Old 03-25-2007   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I might change Eric Wright in the 3rd to a Kareem Brown or a Rufus Alexander or even a Josh Beakman, but I like how this works.
Old 03-25-2007   #16
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

gil brandt from nfl.com was mentioning how he thought josh beekman could easily make the transition from guard to center being only 6'1'' or so...does anyone know if he's every played center before...if we see him as a potential center i think he rates right up there with kalil
Old 03-25-2007   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Keyfro if things fall that way in the draft & we can add a couple of good picks on day 2 of the draft I will be amazed @ how much the f.o. has accomplished in 2 years.
Let the good times rool.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #18
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamehorn25 View Post
Aaron Ross in 1st, Sidney Rice in 2nd.
Ross in the first? There are three other cornerbacks that are better than Ross in the draft. Unless they all go before projected I wouldn't take Ross any sooner than the 20th pick.

Leon Hall in the first, Sidney Rice in the second. I would also take Chris Houston and Darrelle Revis before Ross, and if any of those three are there when we pick and we take Ross I would cry.
Old 03-25-2007   #19
cred
Rookie

It is projected that possibly 5 CB's could go in the first.
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #20
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cred View Post
It is projected that possibly 5 CB's could go in the first.
I meant our first. My bad. Ross is the fourth or fifth best corner in the draft, so I wouldn't take him at #10 or #16.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read