Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-24-2007   #1
carrlover
Rookie

Default Carr

Am I the only person here that is not happy that instead of the Texans trying to build the team around a good QB, because they got a lousy pick last year that they just decided to put all the blame on Carr and he was the scape goat?
carrlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #2
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77
Default Re: Carr

derek, i know your sad about your brother but get over it
Old 03-24-2007   #3
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been a Carr supporter. Believing he just needed a chance to stay upright and someone to get open. Carr needs a change of scenery and the Texans need a change at the helm. Kubiak musta felt the same way. Time to move on. Time to win some football games. Schaub is the guy I wanted, never dreamed we could get him.
Old 03-24-2007   #4
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
derek, i know your sad about your brother but get over it
...and tell him I wish him luck wherever he ends up. I really mean it.
But...

He's gone and we're moving on. You should too.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #5
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, this thread will self destruct in

5, 4, 3, 2, 1. . .
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #6
Charter PSL Fan
Rookie

Good for Carr. He is out of this hell hole!
Old 03-24-2007   #7
carrlover
Rookie

Ok, I agree he does need a new start, but is it wrong for me to sad to see him go?
carrlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2007   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem was that we didn't have a good QB on the roster.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrlover View Post
Am I the only person here that is not happy that instead of the Texans trying to build the team around a good QB, because they got a lousy pick last year that they just decided to put all the blame on Carr and he was the scape goat?
No. There is a core of people here who are very upset that David was let go and that his performance wasn't his fault. Many of them believe that the FO made a huge mistake and paid way too much for an unproven QB.

OTOH, there's a fairly large group of people that do not believe that Carr was a good QB and letting him go was the best thing we could do.

OTOH, there's another fairly large group that believes that Carr is a good QB but he was just in the wrong place in the wrong time and that it's for the best for all concerned for him to go.

I'm in the second group.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

You're mission, IF you choose to accept it, is to refrain from Carr posts because he is no longer a Texan. This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
You're mission, IF you choose to accept it, is to refrain from Carr posts because he is no longer a Texan. This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.
I'm waiting to see how long it takes for this to get moved to the NFL board.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #12
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Carr stunk to high heaven. Good riddance.
I truly pity the fans of the next team he ends up with.
But having said that, I think his starter days are behind him so the damage should be minimal.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd create a new account with the User Name 'Dr. Rumack' just to post this:

"I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you."
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #14
MATRIX
Veteran

Quote:
Ok, I agree he does need a new start, but is it wrong for me to sad to see him go?
No, your not. But, don't blame people for not likeing him as a player. It isn't 100% his fault, Capers and Co. fed him to the wolfs and never got him help till AJ came along. Till then, he took a beating. And the beating hindered his development.

I really mean it when I say I hope his new team(I know he'll find one) gives him help. And by that I mean a ine that is legit and atleast 1 WR and RB that are good. He didn't get any of that here wih Capers till it was too late.

I wish him the best.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #15
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

I was pretty sad to see David go. I really thought that this would be a good year for him to prove himself given that talent around him was building up in experience and through free agency. Now I guess we will never get to know what he could have did. I hope he does well wherever he ends up. With that being said, I will continue to support the Texans as a team, and now I guess Schaub is our guy. I am looking foward to a productive season.
Old 03-25-2007   #16
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I was sorry to see Carr go. I wanted it to work out.

However, if the Texans were so wrong about him, why couldn't we make a trade? If it were soley because our horrible O-line, why hasn't he been picked up?

I'm just a fan. I wish him the best.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #17
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I was sorry to see Carr go. I wanted it to work out.

However, if the Texans were so wrong about him, why couldn't we make a trade? If it were soley because our horrible O-line, why hasn't he been picked up?

I'm just a fan. I wish him the best.
None of the other teams wanted to give up any of their picks when they could just wait for him to be released. The Texans could have retained him awhile longer and possibly completed a trade but David Carr's agent requested that he be released so that he could immediately start to find him a new team. Bob McNair granted the request because David Carr had done everything that was asked of him. He will be picked up of that I am sure by who I am not.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read