Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-24-2007   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Comical Article

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4657958.html

"This has been bittersweet for me," Rosenfels said. "The bitter part is that (trading for Schaub) ends my chance of competing for the starting position. The sweet part is that Matt is a heck of a quarterback, and we've got a chance to be better with him. Hopefully, he can help us become a contender."

That's about as professional as a man can be. I'd give him rep if I new his handle on here. I'm starting to get on the bandwagon a little bit and am very excited to see how this season plays out. If we can address 2 or 3 of our MAJOR holes in the draft, we just might be a dark horse in the wild card chase.
Old 03-24-2007   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Re: Houston Comical Article

Great quote from Sage. He sounds like a great guy. I feel the same way about the situation he does. I wish he had his chance, but the Texans just upgraded the QB position in a big way.
Old 03-24-2007   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Umm.... maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake right now, but what's 'comical' about it?
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #4
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Sometimes its nice to see a real honest opinion from a player. I don't blame him for having some level of disappointment, and the fact is Sage is still only one play away from getting a legitimate shot.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Umm.... maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake right now, but what's 'comical' about it?
Comical = Chronicle ?
Old 03-24-2007   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Never mind. I didn't get the sarcasm.

(Told ya I was slow on the uptake this evening)
Old 03-24-2007   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
LMAO...That's what I call the local newspaper. Sorry...I wasn't trying to say the article was funny.
Old 03-24-2007   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage Rosenfels is a great locker room prescence, he worked out with the team when he had a broken hand.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

It has to suck for him. Professional atheletes are usually very competitive and, from childhood, used to being the best around at their chosen position.
I imagine all the talk of the player I won't mention anymore leaving HAD to make him think he would get a shot at starting, especially after Garcia signed and Plummer did whatever it is that he's done(did his retirement papers ever make it to the league office?). It would be hard to think that you're the 33rd best QB in the league after being a Pop Warner, High School and College stud.
Kinda sux for a lot us too. I'm sure we'd all like to see what he could do as a starter, but also want Schaub to come in and kick serious tail.
Old 03-24-2007   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
LMAO...That's what I call the local newspaper. Sorry...I wasn't trying to say the article was funny.
Good name for it. Had me going there.

Yeah, I really like Sage. I was onboard with the idea that if we got rid of Carr, go ahead and make him the starter, and don't get another quarterback. Just address all the other needs first, and then get one later. But that's when all I thought they trying to get were people like Plummer.

This deal they made for Schaub still blows my mind. I'm happy about it though. Just never expected it.
Old 03-24-2007   #11
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4657958.html

"This has been bittersweet for me," Rosenfels said. "The bitter part is that (trading for Schaub) ends my chance of competing for the starting position. The sweet part is that Matt is a heck of a quarterback, and we've got a chance to be better with him. Hopefully, he can help us become a contender."

That's about as professional as a man can be. I'd give him rep if I new his handle on here. I'm starting to get on the bandwagon a little bit and am very excited to see how this season plays out. If we can address 2 or 3 of our MAJOR holes in the draft, we just might be a dark horse in the wild card chase.

A true pro, Sage.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #12
afcman
Veteran

To me this says something about Carr. With Carr, Sage felt he was gonna get a chance to get on the field.

And it says something about Sage as a person too.
Old 03-24-2007   #13
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
To me this says something about Carr. With Carr, Sage felt he was gonna get a chance to get on the field.

And it says something about Sage as a person too.
My guess is that Sage will get his chance sometime this season anyway.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 140789 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
My guess is that Sage will get his chance sometime this season anyway.
Damn right ... when we get a big lead it'll be time for Sage to get some reps .
Old 03-24-2007   #15
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

Lol.. I need to save some of these posts.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #16
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Sure. The Texans have the rest of the league running scared now.
Old 03-24-2007   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

My guess is there will be about a dozen posters with IP addresses from the Fresno area hitting the message board about 8 seconds after Matt Schaub throws his first incompletion.

I think the obsession will run another year or more depending on how things turn out for the two QB's involved, and I'm not talking about Sage. Short of injury Sage probably won't see the field unless it's a blowout (in either direction).
Old 03-24-2007   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 140789 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what's going to happen but we'll be better .

Like it or not the Texan fans and players can move on .
Old 03-24-2007   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Sure. The Texans have the rest of the league running scared now.
So what message board are you going to join next ?
Old 03-24-2007   #20
QB75
Veteran

Quote:
So what message board are you going to join next ?
Staying here. You?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read