Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-24-2007   #1
htownfoozball
Veteran

Default peterson plan

IF...and it's a big if...peterson is available at 10, you run to the podium and take him. our run blocking is a crapload better than our pass blocking, especially as the year went on. with schaub coming into his 1st year of full time starting, running the ball the majority of the time should take pressure off of him, and we can use the play action to throw teams off. the OT class is ten times better next year, so if peterson is there, we take him, beef up the secondary in the 3rd and 4th, take a WR in the 5th, and DL in the 6th.

Just think about Green and Peterson pounding the ball, and then using Dayne as a short yardage back. Having a killer run game would keep DE's off Schaub and then we can take a LT next year and expand the passing game.

People wanna moan about Peterson's durability...is using 2 other RB's gonna keep him fresh enough for those complaining? Pretty sure that it will.

It's just an idea, so don't kill me over it.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: peterson plan

I'd take peterson. unless we could get both our 2nd rounders back, still have a 1st...then i'd probably trade.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #3
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep thinking about this one problem. If we dont improve our pass rush and secondary we will be playing from behind most of the game. Which makes our offense one dimensional. Which also means that the other teams defense will be blitzing like crazy. Which also means more dinks and dunks.

If AP/AD is their I would strongly consider trading the pick and go defense in the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
I keep thinking about this one problem. If we dont improve our pass rush and secondary we will be playing from behind most of the game. Which makes our offense one dimensional. Which also means that the other teams defense will be blitzing like crazy. Which also means more dinks and dunks.

If AP/AD is their I would strongly consider trading the pick and go defense in the first round.
LOL, good thoughts Bubba.

I too have thought of it this way. If we establish our running game like against the colts last season...we will hold onto the ball longer, for extended drives, and eat up the clock - TOP. The opposing team will have less time to score and there for is forced to Pass. Our secondary happens to be the biggest weakness of the team IMO, so it kind of plays right into their hands. They can pass fairly easily while Faggins and CC are both back there...and score.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

At the end of the day its still very hard for me to pass up AD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Reggie Nelson w/ extra picks makes it very easy for me to pass on him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read