Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2004   #21
texansfan88
All Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 26
Posts: 880
Rep Power: 0 texansfan88 is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
The Jag front line is definetly a problem. HUGE!! Stroud is one scary hombre.

The only way to beat this is for Carr to hold his water and trust the O-line. Scary thought...scary!

After that I think we are very much toe-to-toe on all positions. Thankfully our pass defense is not as bad as the Colts D. We will stand our ground and Sharper will sniff the dump passes to the RB.

IN oUR HOUSE!!! WE wear battle red. Anything can happen....gonna be laud. There could be a 3 way tie for the devision if we beat the Jags. As I said, the colts dirty little secret was exposed!
yeah, stroud looked really scary last year on the 4th and 1 play to win the game last time he visited reliant
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004   #22
texansfan88
All Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 26
Posts: 880
Rep Power: 0 texansfan88 is ridin' the pine
Default

I hope someone takes josh scobees head off...what a jerk that guy was in indy...

Keep chopping away Jag fans! Chop Chop Chop Crack OWWWWWWWWW
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004   #23
chuckm
Hall of Fame
 
chuckm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Spring
Age: 53
Posts: 1,896
Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
I hope someone takes josh scobees head off...what a jerk that guy was in indy...

Keep chopping away Jag fans! Chop Chop Chop Crack OWWWWWWWWW


yep I agree .... I couldn't help thinking about the scene at the end of Jerry McGuire where Cuba Gooding lays there like he's dead then jumps up and struts around ..... where's Buddy Ryan when you need him?
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004   #24
TsJagman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 46
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 0 TsJagman is ridin' the pine
Default

texansfan88 I hope someone takes josh scobees head off...what a jerk that guy was in indy...

Keep chopping away Jag fans! Chop Chop Chop Crack OWWWWWWWWW

Dumb

chuckm Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
I hope someone takes josh scobees head off...what a jerk that guy was in indy...

Keep chopping away Jag fans! Chop Chop Chop Crack OWWWWWWWWW




yep I agree .... I couldn't help thinking about the scene at the end of Jerry McGuire where Cuba Gooding lays there like he's dead then jumps up and struts around ..... where's Buddy Ryan when you need him?

Dumber.

By the way, they don't chop wood, it's all about the q-tips.
TsJagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004   #25
longhornjag
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0 longhornjag is ridin' the pine
Default

I can't believe you want to take out a KICKER!!!!!!!! Are you serious!!!! You're that scared of a kicker, and a rookie at that, that you want him injured to get him out of the game. Wow, if you really want that I feel sorry for you. By the way he did get hit and slightly injured on the play and any kicker in the league falls down when he gets even the slightest tap much less a full out shot to the leg. Get over it, he's happy he won the game and showed his emotion. And TsJagman is right, the q-tips have worked much better than chopping wood.
longhornjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #26
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Age: 31
Posts: 5,803
Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

i actually thought the Jags kicker was funny, but thats just me i guess.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #27
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,557
Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

The key to the Texans game plan will be to shut down Fred Taylor & keep the furballs from converting 3rd downs. If the furballs cannot run the ball effectively Left Witch will be forcing the ball into the Texans newly found strength the secondary which should bode well for takeaways.

Offensively we cannot afford turnovers, no fumbling, bumbling nothing. The Texans offense should pick away at the edges, run away from the DT's use sweeps or pitch outs, maybe even a shuttle pass or two ala Harrington, & use that quick out to AJ, can you say automatic, then strike deep, strike hard and strike often (AJ needs the ball thrown his direction at least once on each possession).

Thats an abbreviated breakdown as I see it, but just one more thing don't be tempted to sell your tickets to anyone but a Texan fan if for some unfortunate reason you cannot make the game. We don't need a bunch of furball jaguars in attendance taking up valuable Texans space (remember Steeler fans outnumbering Cowboy fans in Dallas a couple of weeks ago). I would even consider out of the fondess of my heart and love for my team to purchase a couple tickets just to prevent this kind of travesty from occuring. E-mail me, I'll be waiting
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2004   #28
RunninRaven
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 40
Rep Power: 0 RunninRaven is ridin' the pine
Default

Yeah, I thought Scobee was funny too...although more in the "Oh look. How cute. He's trying to be a football player!" kind of way than the ha ha way. A quote from Slingblade springs to mind.

And I love the logic that because someone wants the kicker to be taken out do to his tomfoolery last week, this suddenly makes us scared of him. By this logic, since I'm sure Jag fans want the team to take out the Texans in the form of a win, you must all be really scared of the Texans.

Yeah, I thought it sounded really stupid too. Trash talking is all well and good, but it should at least sort of make sense.
RunninRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #29
Tedc
Hardheaded
 
Tedc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bull Pen
Age: 50
Posts: 5,299
Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsJagman

If Davis gets back into his old groove, there would be no reason to throw the ball. The only reason why you have a passing game, is because Carr is having to carry, which is ok, the texans.
Ever heard of Andre Johnson? If you have that type of weapon, you use it.

Jabarr Gafney?

Corey Bradford?

The secret weapon? (shhhh!)

BTW, Johnathan Wells has filled in nicely at RB with Davis out, so it is not like we have been without a RB.
__________________
Tedc .......Hardest head in the Blue Crew!
Tedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #30
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
The secret weapon? (shhhh!)
Hah!.. we should all start calling him that and never mentioning his name.. until he becomes well known anyway
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #31
Tayton
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 148
Rep Power: 11 Tayton is ridin' the pine
Default

Just a thought, but I would like to see the Texans receivers take the DBs deep and see if Hollings can make the corner on the Jags D Line. I'm afraid we might have a tough time running right at them. Anybody know what our running back status is?
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #32
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

yah I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY would like to see Hollings in there. He may be the answer to our prayers this year.. if he is healthy.

I dont see anything about him on the injury report.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #33
TheOgre
Hall of Fame
 
TheOgre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back in the cellar again
Posts: 3,739
Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP
Default

Dante's Delusional post.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #34
phan1
All Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 650
Rep Power: 11 phan1 is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Ernest was aquired in the 4th round, via a trade with the Ravens.

I don't care who is covering him, all I have to say is you are going to have to put more than one CB on Jimmy to keep him from cranking out those 65 yard grabs. Fact is neither your ol timer or the rookie will be able to manage Jimmy alone. Capers I am sure is well aware of this. So while the defense tied up in double coverage the whole game with Jimmy, Byron will pick away at the rest of your defense with the other 9 receivers he has been averaging the past 4 games.

This offense is getting better by the week, and to add to the assault there's our running game that is just getting off the ground thanks to the return of Kyle Brady. Bragging about trying to stop a QB who is on fire to less than 200 yards is Asinine. 15 straight completions in the first half last week, Byron beat Marks record by 4. Your defense is going to be in a world of trouble, after Byron quiets down the crowd early in the game.
Don't forget you were up against one of the worst defenses in the league last week as well. I'm sorry, but our recieving core is way better. You just can't deny that. I could say the exact same thing as you. No one on your team can stop AJ, TRUST ME. You'll double AJ, and we'll pick you off with Armstrong and Gaffney. We have one of the top recieving cores in the league. Top 7 at least.

However, I do believe that we are probably the underdogs coming into this game. Defensively, I'd take a better front 7 than a better secondary (advantage Jags). Plus, I wouldn't be able to argue that Leftwich is a better QB than Carr. Carr has better numbers no doubt, but Byron has more W's. Byron has consistently come up in clutch situations to win games, something that is way more important than stats. I really think Leftwich is the best of the so called "young QBs", with Carr coming in at 2nd. Another reason why we're probably the underdog is that I think our O-line is still crappy. We have no holes for our running game (no way that its because of Davis underperforming), and Carr could be in trouble at any moment in the game. With a better O-line, I would say that it would be even.

When everything is said, as a Texans fan: advantage Jags. Don't worry though, we'll find some way to win!

Last edited by phan1; 10-27-2004 at 08:22 PM.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #35
fusionbeats
waterboy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Jacksonville baby!
Age: 36
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0 fusionbeats is ridin' the pine
Default

First of all, I also thought our industrious young kicker was pretty funny last week. Cut him some slack... he's a kicker, and kickers aren't football players.


Second of all, the general consensus among the fans from both sides on this thread is that the two teams are "even" in special teams. I'm not going to announce my own judgement on this because I haven't seen the texans enough to be fair. I will however, say that the Jaguars have achieved a DRASTIC improvement in their kick/punt coverage teams, which has been a HUGE factor in their winning ways. In our game last week, I believe the average starting field position for the Jags was their own 36, as opposed to the 18 for the Colts. This is an often overlooked aspect of the game these days, and with the leagues parity, sometimes field position makes the difference. This ought to be considered in comparing our two teams. How are the coverage teams for the Texans?


All things considered I'm predicting a Jags win, because I think we are continuing to improve... and because we've kinda got the magic right now. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Texans win in a close one, but for now I'm going to say Jags 24 - Texans 16.
fusionbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator
 
infantrycak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 47
Posts: 49,425
Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

The Texans' coverage teams are generally solid with the occasional mishap. Punt coverage has been a non-issue most of the time because our punter gets a huge percentage of fair catches. On returns, I personally think our return blocking needs a ton of work, but JJ Moses does a pretty good job of making the most out of what he is given.
__________________
The Art of War
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #37
Henderson98
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 43
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 Henderson98 is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
your team is good on offense, but you wont be able to get those 65yd completions to jimmy smith on us with dunta or aaron on him, and then the others.....reggie williams may be a 70rec wr next year but so far this year has been outplayed by yalls what? 7th round pick who ran like a 4.8 in the 40 wilford. though has good size at 6.4. if we can get pressure on lefty, then there is no chance he is going over 300, not 200. ive been impressed with rashean mathis, but he is no samari rolle, no charles woodson, or even eric warfield. but those are just a couple of names that andre has terrorized this year. i know rashean is nervous going through tape this week, and is asking for a big day with the front 4.
Ask Champ Bailey and Samari Rolle about Jimmy getting the long ball... he's 35 yrs old and still makes CB's look like heck... anyway Jimmy is leading the league in receptions over 25 yrds... just accept the fact he will school them just like he has schooled everyone else that has tried to cover him this year...
Henderson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #38
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame
 
TexansTrueFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Huntsville Tx
Age: 30
Posts: 2,600
Rep Power: 13 TexansTrueFan is a team player
Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henderson98
Ask Champ Bailey and Samari Rolle about Jimmy getting the long ball... he's 35 yrs old and still makes CB's look like heck... anyway Jimmy is leading the league in receptions over 25 yrds... just accept the fact he will school them just like he has schooled everyone else that has tried to cover him this year...

HAHAHAH school A. Glenn and D. Robinson are you crazy ????????????? ok ok sorry but which of our recievers has more yards this season ? i'll give you a hint it starts with an A and ends with a J you got it yet ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #39
TexanExile
Square 1 again
 
TexanExile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 43
Posts: 1,615
Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henderson98
Jimmy is leading the league in receptions over 25 yrds...
Good stat! I'm glad to see he's leading the league in something other than "games missed due to drug suspensions" this year. Could've been embarrassing if the guy tried to snort up one of the yard lines during the game.

Seriously, Jimmy'll get his catches on Sunday (and I AM actually glad he got his act together). He's a phenomenal talent. But we all should know which QB leads the league in COMPLETIONS of 25+ yards. HINT: It ain't Byron, it ain't Daunte, and it doggone sure ain't Peyote Manning. It's the guy who'll be launching it over Jacksonville's secondary this weekend.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #40
Henderson98
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 43
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 Henderson98 is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
HAHAHAH school A. Glenn and D. Robinson are you crazy ????????????? ok ok sorry but which of our recievers has more yards this season ? i'll give you a hint it starts with an A and ends with a J you got it yet ?
That's just what the fans of every other team we've played this year has said...


P.S. Just because Jimmy has a better supporting cast of WR's doesn't take anything away from his skills.. Byron has been spreding the ball around a lot, you just never know who will catch the ball next... and talk to me 11 yrs down the road to see if AJ can still put up numbers... Jimmy just moved up to 13 on the all time list... and still has game..
Henderson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger