Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Our new options at #10
Levi Brown 11 35.48%
Amobi Okoye 8 25.81%
Adam Carriker 1 3.23%
Leon Hall 11 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2007   #1
pollster
Rookie

Default Wow, so much changes within a few weeks

Back in February I thought we had a chance at landing Landry - not anymore! The man won't fall past Minnesota, if he even slips that far.

Quinn was still an option, but obviously he's not anymore.

Nelson isn't a top 10 pick anymore, a bit shocking how he's fallen off boards.

We signed Ahman Green, re-signed Dayne. It's unlikely we go RB

This team is finally filling needs!

Where do you think we go with #10? Do we add Okoye in the middle of the defense? What about Carriker as a versatile defender? Brown for the long and much awaited offensive line help? Or maybe Leon Hall to pair with Dunta?

I'm excited for this upcoming season!

pollster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wow, so much changes within a few weeks

of those 4 i'd go carriker, because i feel he's the best defender in the draft, and you don't find those guys at #10 very often.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the Texans draft for need. CB Leon Hall

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollster View Post
Back in February I thought we had a chance at landing Landry - not anymore! The man won't fall past Minnesota, if he even slips that far.

Quinn was still an option, but obviously he's not anymore.

Nelson isn't a top 10 pick anymore, a bit shocking how he's fallen off boards.

We signed Ahman Green, re-signed Dayne. It's unlikely we go RB

This team is finally filling needs!

Where do you think we go with #10? Do we add Okoye in the middle of the defense? What about Carriker as a versatile defender? Brown for the long and much awaited offensive line help? Or maybe Leon Hall to pair with Dunta?

I'm excited for this upcoming season!

Levi Brown will be gone by #10

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 03-24-2007   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 349460 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Levi Brown. Spencer's injury bothers me and Kubiak told Schaub he was going to protect him.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #6
Janus3
Veteran

of those 4 brown, i'd still draft nelson though.
Old 03-24-2007   #7
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
wtf? to who? only possibility is miami. even then they still need db and dl help.
Old 03-24-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3 View Post
wtf? to who? only possibility is miami. even then they still need db and dl help.
atlanta is a huge possibility. and miami definitely is as well. the thing with miami is, we have this guy Anthony Alabai (TCU product) who saban absolutely praised beyond belief as the future LT of the team. we have no idea how the new regime thinks of him though. and we're set at RT for a while in vernon carey.
Old 03-24-2007   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3 View Post
almost every top 10 team needs a franchise tackle. he is projected somewhere between Arizona (#5) & Atlanta (#8)

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 03-24-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

i'm also stunned to read "nelson isn't a top 10 pick anymore." uh, yeah he is. that pro day pretty much ensured he's going to be considered to go that high easily.
Old 03-24-2007   #11
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
almost every top 10 team needs a franchise tackle. he is projected somewhere between Arizona (#5) & Atlanta (#8)
i doubt arizona takes brown as high as 5, especially with the lines of adams, branch and anderson on the board. same thing with washington and minnesota. as for the falcons, ok, i agree it's a possibility but i'm almost certain they take landry.
Old 03-24-2007   #12
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i'm also stunned to read "nelson isn't a top 10 pick anymore." uh, yeah he is. that pro day pretty much ensured he's going to be considered to go that high easily.
my thoughts exactly. he's basically the same as ed reed was coming out of miami...except faster.
Old 03-24-2007   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I wish this was an add option poll...

But of the 4 on the poll i'd go with Hall.
Old 03-24-2007   #14
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Had to vote for Levi need to protect our new 48 million dollar QB and open up some holes for our gray beards in Green and Dayne.LOL
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #15
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

those are all good choices...

I think for me it would be a toss up between Leon Hall and Amobi Okoye, but I wouldn't cry over any of them. I think there are going to be so many options available to us at the #10 that we will end up with a very good player no matter who the Texans decide to take.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm thinking the same thing too beerlover. Levi ties into the max effort to revive Vicks career.

Agreed vtech. I think I would perfer an I'm OK with Ambi pick. Voted for Levi but I don't expect him there at ten. I wouldn't get upset with a Reevis or Houston pick. Pick up one fo the prospects at three or four for the FS push. Lots of speed will be on the board. Ombi, Brown and Black gives them a legit shot at three starters on the defensive side of the ball. Have to live with the bastard 3-4 end one more year. Ohkoye is good value. Nineteen, no one could block the guy one on one senior bowl week. Not so sure in a pinch you couldn't switch him outside. X's stunts with him and Weaver might give them a decent ...consitant pass rush.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-24-2007 at 11:26 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116344 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade down & take Meachem.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #18
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Trade down & take Meachem.
I really like Meacham, mainly because he is a good kid and a very hard worker. He is always trying to improve, and if he makes a mistake, he does whatever he can to correct it. Even though I like him, and think he will be a very good NFL player, I don't think he is quite ready. If we can trade down to 20 or lower and pick up a couple more picks, I wouldn't complain one bit if we got him, but I can think of other things we need more.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #19
Gamehorn25
Veteran

Pick up Amobi Okoye even though we have put way too much money into our DL for almost no performance. We need a good DT and that is Okoye is. I just hope he will be coached right. I hope that either TJ starts performing, or we cut him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read