Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many wins for 2007?
1-2 1 0.74%
3-4 9 6.62%
5-6 9 6.62%
7-8 66 48.53%
9-10 47 34.56%
More than 10 4 2.94%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2007   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default 2007 Season Record

And be honest and try and not show the homerism...

It's going to be interesting for sure cause this is certainly not the same team we are use to seeing for 5 years...

Go Texans....

Last edited by HomeBred_Texan; 03-24-2007 at 03:37 PM.
HomeBred_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: 2007 Season Record

8-8.
Old 03-24-2007   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the change at QB, I thought we'd go 8-8.

Now I think it will take some time to develop some chemistry and I'm staying with 8-8.

Last edited by Mr. White; 03-24-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year I thought we could have won acouple more games, so I would say a 8-8 or a 9-7 record isn't out of the question. I voted 7-8 though.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I was optomistic last year(13-3) and that didn't work out very well for us(I'm sorry). This year, I'm going to be a bit more conservative, and express my goodwill to our new coach, by letting him off the hook..

I only expect 3-4 wins in '07. But I expect to see big strides in the way our team plays.
Old 03-24-2007   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I think 8-8 is perfect and has us on the cusp of the next step for 2008, where we should expect things. I am alot more excited about this season. With some stumbles we could be in the 6-7 range.
Old 03-24-2007   #7
mannyo123
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to mannyo123

5-11 in 07
9-7 in 08
Old 03-24-2007   #8
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

7-9 this year and possibly 10-6 next year.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I was optomistic last year(13-3) and that didn't work out very well for us(I'm sorry). This year, I'm going to be a bit more conservative, and express my goodwill to our new coach, by letting him off the hook..

I only expect 3-4 wins in '07. But I expect to see big strides in the way our team plays.
no way that happens, and going from 6 wins to 3-4 is in no way big strides, no matter where you look at it from. i'm thinking 8-8 right now.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #10
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19489 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the team ought to improve this year. There's really no excuse for moving backward in terms of wins this year (assuming Schaub doesn't break a leg in preseason or something...). I'm guessing 8-8 or 9-7, but to be optimistic, voted 9-7.

What I've been hoping would be to come out of the 2-14 season with:
2006: in the 5-6 win range (this worked out!)
2007: in the 8-10 win range, with them at least still in mathematical playoff consideration going into the last 2 weeks.
2008: making the playoffs

I still think this is possible.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #11
macaronitoni
Rookie

not saying this will happen, but anyone remember NO Saints, 2006? QB change, all the sudden they're in the playoffs.
macaronitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #12
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't see why we shouldn't have at least 8 wins this years. These days teams turn it around a lot quicker, and I expect the Texans to win at least 8 games this year, so I voted 9-10.
Old 03-24-2007   #13
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

If Schaub is the QB they say he is, and the fact he has six years in the WCO, I don't see why we can't have alot more success than last year. I'll be disappointed if we don't finish 8-8 and really feel 10-6 isn't out of the question. Defense will have a 2nd year under the same system, plug a few holes with the draft, and our fortunes could reverse very quickly. I don't wish to be overly optimistic, but its my nature to always look on the brightside.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #14
MATRIX
Veteran

8-8 or better

We have to jell and we should win some we wouldn't of if Carr was still here(not bashing, just true). Schaub won't loose a game for us, but he maynot win one either. So, if the WHOLE team plays as well as it looks on paper...we should atleast beat Tenn(2 times) Atlanta, Indy(once...but maybe 2 seeing they didn't keep some key FA's), Jags(2 times, they are on the decline).

Thats 5-6 wins right their, so 3 more should happen. And I for one wouldn't be shocked to see us win 2-3 in a row either. unlike in the past win 2 in a row was almost unheard of.

Here is are schedule...I put a W by a win, an L for a loss...and a ? for not sure. I come to an 8-8 record without adding in my ? games.. See if you agree.
HOME:
Indianapolis(W), Jacksonville(W), Tennessee(W), Denver(L), Kansas City(L), Miami, New Orleans(L), Tampa Bay(W)
AWAY:
Indianapolis(?), Jacksonville(W), Tennessee(?), Oakland(W), San Diego(L), Cleveland(W), Atlanta(W), Carolina(L)
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #15
HoustonRaised
Rookie

I would say 7-9 this year, maybe 8-8, and 9-7 would be a long shot depending on who we draft, this will be the best year in franchise history but still not a winning team in my opinion, but I hope for the best.
HoustonRaised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #16
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I'd like to see us finish 8-8, but I won't be surprised if we find ourselves back at 6-10 or if we were to improve to 9-7. We won 6 games last season, most of which we won DESPITE our offense. I think we lost about 4 games as well in the fourth quarter.

I don't think that there is any doubt that the current make-up of our team (even before the draft) is better than what we had last year. I think 8-8 would be a huge improvement over last year because this year's schedule is tougher and because we probably won some games last year that we shouldn't have won (See Oakland - I don't care how bad they were).

The biggest factor in this season is the play of our new QB...which is also what Smith and Kubiak have bet their jobs on as well. Our QB play last year impaired more than the play of our offense, it kept a young, improving defense on the field way too long.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #17
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking 8-9 wins.
Our opposition looks pretty tough next season, but what will it look like after all the offseason personnel losses/gains?

Need to take a team-by-team look after all the changes.
Beer and Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #18
Schaub_to AJ_YES!
Rookie

8-8 would be vindication. That's what I think they can do too.
Schaub_to AJ_YES! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #19
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 56442 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, we only have 4 games against teams that were below .500 last year. I know that doesn't mean a lot from year to year, but it looks like a pretty tough schedule at this point.

That said, I'm picking 8-8 until they get there and surpass it.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #20
jvaldez1984
Rookie

8-8 as we stand today. if we address our o-line and secondary problems by the start of the season i say 10-6 fighting for a wild card spot.
jvaldez1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read